2019 Dynasty Trade Talk

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,681.00
Gordon probably benefited from that Charger O line.

<_<

>_>
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,163.60
We will see if Gordon is a stud or not on his next team. Based on ADP I would have definitely asked for sweetener on the Luck side to make such a deal, as most people like Gordon more than I do, but IMO he's not a special talent.

Gordon's best year so far in the NFL is 1100/8 on a really good team. That's not an elite NFL back.
Last edited by SJSwarm on Wed 08.21.2019, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,426.98
In a 1QB league with 4pt TDs how valuable is a QB anyway?

Clearly, Luck has the potential to be the top Fantasy QB, but relative to the other top QBs (ignore that I have Mahomes and Goff for the moment) how much additional value does he provide?

Gordon is a top10 RB in my estimation, whether it's due to circumstance or talent or the combination.

I don't know, I thought the trade was 'fair enough' and helped both teams address areas they wanted to strengthen.

Of course, the larger caveat is that Luck isn't a sure thing to be 100%, and Gordon isn't a sure thing to play 16 games. It's sort of trading one head ache for another.

Interestingly (though not surprising to me, knowing the other owners in this league) the message board is claiming that I ripped off my trade partner. I hope they're right, lol...
Supreme Megalodon
Yeah as I said above, based on ADP you should have had to give up more than just Luck.

But you now own probably the two most fragile RB's in the top 20, save Dalvin Cook.

Supreme Megalodon
Also, Rashard Mendenhall was a top 10 RB too. Until he got to Arizona. I'd be praying the Chargers sign him long term if I owned him anywhere.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,026.62
I think value kinda goes out the window at the QB position in an established dynasty. Within reason anyway. If your asking price is a nose higher than I'm willing to go then I'll go to another team. Movement is much more need based than any other position.

Every situation is different, but if I'm sitting on an excess and one of them is young then I'm trying to move the other to make some other area of my team better. And unlike other positions the windows to move those QB's are often narrow. So when you see an opportunity, take it. Cause it may be a long time before another one presents itself.
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:Gordon probably benefited from that Charger O line.

<_<

>_>

I just checked, and it turns out this was a bad take. The Chargers offensive line is among the league's worst.
Supreme Megalodon
Let me ask you ubertaco, if your QB's were Luck and Goff would you have still made that deal?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,026.62
Elmagister wrote:
Elmagister wrote:Gordon probably benefited from that Charger O line.

<_<

>_>

I just checked, and it turns out this was a bad take. The Chargers offensive line is among the league's worst.

I don't watch them enough to comment, but I find it curious how this unit is so frequently lambasted but the offense is so frequently successful anyway. There's more to it than just this, but offenses with bad offensive lines generally aren't effective. So I've theorized this is one of those cases in which the individual pieces float between mediocre and average but the sum of the parts is functional enough to let the talent do its thing.
Supreme Megalodon
Well, Philip Rivers is Thor.
Great White Shark
SJSwarm wrote:Let me ask you ubertaco, if your QB's were Luck and Goff would you have still made that deal?

Maybe, it would depend on who I could get to back up Goff at that point. I would have been less likely to though for sure.

But having had Luck since I drafted him as a rookie I'm a bit burnt out on waiting for him or the Colts to actually put it all together. I probably would have shopped harder for a back I liked more than Gordon, not that I wasn't trying, but I wasn't getting anywhere with other teams who had some depth at RB.

The two other RBs I was targeting were Mixon and Mack. And while I think both of those guys will be decent to good, I do think Gordon has more potential upside. More risk as well, but as noted, no one else in that league was particularly interested in even discussing a trade.
Supreme Megalodon
I get you as far as Luck is concerned, he's probably the most irritating top 5QB to own, with the injuries and whatnot.

And yeah, most dyno owners overvalue even mediocre RB's (you'd have to give me the moon and the stars to part with Carson or Jones in my dyno), hopefully Gordon's knees and situation allow him to put you over the top.

Great White Shark
Thanks.

My RB situation is just a mess. Gurley, Cook, Guice and Cohen, but it's not a PPR league. I'll be drafting whatever RB is left with the 9th pick, but I'm not expecting any help there.

Gordon will either do nothing for me this year, or will be able to be slotted in with those guys as makes sense whenever he reports.

I can't really complain about that group, so much talent, but the injuries and or expectations for this year are just so unknown right now. I'm thinking I might have a shot at either Henderson or Mattison as handcuffs for Gurley and Cook though. Not that I'm super excited about handcuffs usually. We'll see if somehow someone more interesting drops, or if I just decide to grab Thompson or Hill and hope they turn out.

All I know for now is that I'm not carrying an extra QB who I spent years waiting on. Not that Luck hasn't had good or great seasons, but the consistency just never got there.
Supreme Megalodon
Is it an IDP league?

Great White Shark
No. Standard league, 10 teams, cut to 15, draft to 22, then cut to 19 after week 3.

The list of rookie RBs I am interested in goes 9 deep, so I will get one of them. Though some of them I am far less interested in than others.

The list of rookie WRs and TEs I am interested in goes zero deep. But I'll be throwing whatever darts I have anyway. I have to draft a K and a DEF (never keep any) so I really only have 5 players to draft.

I am giving some consideration to drafting Murray if no one else goes for him in the 1st round, but I'm not sure I really need/want him. The problem with 10 team leagues is that there's just more talent to spread around anyway, hard to find a team that's really desperate at QB. Though one team has only Rosen and Darnold at QB. But I offered them Luck or Goff, their choice, for Mack and they just laughed at me.

Oh well.