Mako Shark
Sand$: 13.06
sctroyfan wrote:
jesteva wrote:They offered him $10 per...4th highest behind Gurley, Bell and then Johnson

That's more than fair. If he wants more he can pound sand because he's not close to those guys. RB's are too interchangeable to pay one guy that much anymore ( IMO ) and I think much of their success is tied to the Offense as a whole. See Damian Williams

both strategies will net the same amount of yards with perfect health, but its more risky going with the overpaid RB because if he goes down, the offensive line now hinders the backup rb, creating a rbbc (which is harder on the offense than people think), not to mention, passing game also takes a hit

ekeler good example - say he can handle the load or whatever, but a few fumbles and you're f'd
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,714.68
If this thread is any indication of the MG interest he's in for a long hold out.. Posts every day in the Zeke thread but this one sees a post every couple weeks. lol. Good example of how he just doesn't really move the needle much and I still don't see shelling out that kinda dough for him. He has grossly overestimated his value.

Now I'm just hoping that Ekeler and Jackson can stay healthy...

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,448.04
Idk if he wants to break the bank, I think this more about security seeing as though this is his last year. I mean he isn’t signing for cheap either, but I don’t think he’s looking for what gurley got. Zeke s trying to be tge highest paid on a team that has multiple contracts needing to be done.
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,468.38
Guessing he is fine with the total amount of the contract, it's the guaranteed money that they're hesitant to give him and that's all he wants. If he plays just the 6 games, he better hope he is in good shape and kills it. If he gets hurt or struggles a lot, the next team probably isn't going to offer what LAC are offering
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 23,906.08
Markulous wrote:Guessing he is fine with the total amount of the contract, it's the guaranteed money that they're hesitant to give him and that's all he wants. If he plays just the 6 games, he better hope he is in good shape and kills it. If he gets hurt or struggles a lot, the next team probably isn't going to offer what LAC are offering

The Bell situation says otherwise. Someone will pay him.
Sand$: 41,717.19
We still don’t know what the guarantees being offered. My guess is not much or it would have been signed just like the Steelers and Bell
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,309.72
Jurrah trades Zeke to the Chargers for Gordon, the 2o2o 1st, and the 2021 1st.

Chargers give Zeke 73 million 4 yr contract. 50 guaranteed.

Jurrah gives Gordon 10.25 per yr.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 13.06
well f
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 52,209.49
Wonder if he reports soon. Just trying to project out a bit... Gordon needs to report by week 10 to accrue a year, so let’s say he sticks to his guns and sits out first 9 weeks. That’s around $3 million he loses based on his current contract and around $5.5 million based on the contract the Chargers already offered. That’s a lot to throw away and I don’t think he is going to see the offer he wants to offset those losses.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 23,906.08
unimsw wrote:Wonder if he reports soon. Just trying to project out a bit... Gordon needs to report by week 10 to accrue a year, so let’s say he sticks to his guns and sits out first 9 weeks. That’s around $3 million he loses based on his current contract and around $5.5 million based on the contract the Chargers already offered. That’s a lot to throw away and I don’t think he is going to see the offer he wants to offset those losses.

He will definitely recoup 5 million dollars against the use he would have seen.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,744.62
Sand$: 41,717.19
reality value check ok’d by Chargers

I like it
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,448.04
Maybe Tampa, but ick think the Bucs want to make room this year.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,486.34
TheJayCutlers wrote:

I totally misread this and thought the Chargers were giving reps to Gordon...as in he was back at practice lol

Proof that you see what your mind wants you to see!

There is only one strategy that works in Fantasy Football drafts:

The "Draft better than the other guys in your league" strategy.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,309.72
Chargers apparently interested in McCoy as well.