The Darwin Thompson Theory

Post Reply  
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 38939
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2004
Sand$: 20,852.86
scootm44 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
mj021407 wrote:This is exactly why I like drafting early, by time my drafts come he’ll be like 7-8 rounder

Let them. He's a worthwhile late round dart throw, but any earlier is kinda silly. His most likely outcome is banishment to waivers sometime in September because he's not getting enough snaps. Circumstances could dictate otherwise, but there are better bets to make in that area of the draft. If he slips to the late rounds then dart toss, but if not then ear mark him as someone you may pick up in October or so after their drafter drops him.

Are you reluctant to buy in because you feel D Williams has a solid lock on the job?



I wouldn’t because it would be guessing. Who knows. I’m not wasting a 7-8 rounder on a guess
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 39099
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006
Sand$: 127,685.42
8 pages on this rookie? Good luck.... :lol:
_______________________________________

Image
2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6715
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 23,793.06
SnakeStabler wrote:8 pages on this rookie? Good luck.... :lol:


This is how leagues are won or lost.

That said, as a KC homer, I see some value in him, but cannot say how much of the share he's going to get.
Moderator
Posts: 56002
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 113,247.08
scootm44 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
mj021407 wrote:This is exactly why I like drafting early, by time my drafts come he’ll be like 7-8 rounder

Let them. He's a worthwhile late round dart throw, but any earlier is kinda silly. His most likely outcome is banishment to waivers sometime in September because he's not getting enough snaps. Circumstances could dictate otherwise, but there are better bets to make in that area of the draft. If he slips to the late rounds then dart toss, but if not then ear mark him as someone you may pick up in October or so after their drafter drops him.

Are you reluctant to buy in because you feel D Williams has a solid lock on the job?

I think he leads the show in September. Is that a 65% share? 45% share? I dunno. But barring something unforeseen I think he's leading - and winning teams often take longer to veer from their formula. So even if Williams is just playing okay if the Chefs are winning (I think they will) they aren't going to drastically change anything. I think it'll take injury, Williams playing exceptionally poorly, and/or Darwin playing exceptionally well in the few touches he does get for us to forecast enough touches to consider starting before much later in the season.

I'll still take a shot on that at the end of a draft or nearing the dollar derby because if something does happen I don't want to be relying on waiver priority or draining my faab. But before then? Nah. He wasn't expensive in the auction I did last night ($7), but I got both Justice Hill and Darrell Henderson for less total dollars ($5) and I think all 3 of them have similar range of potential outcomes.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16611
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007
Sand$: 135,429.93
SnakeStabler wrote:8 pages on this rookie? Good luck.... :lol:

Did the Alvin Kamara thread even hit 8 pages?

I'm not saying he's going to be Kamara but it certainly appears he's going to have some fantasy value this year. A lot? Maybe. A little? I think for sure at the least.

I think we are beyond the point of discounting players just because they are rookie.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16611
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007
Sand$: 135,429.93
SnakeStabler wrote:8 pages on this rookie? Good luck.... :lol:

And you can't complain about how the tank isn't what it used to be and then come in and laugh at a thread discussing an intriguing prospect. I think it's the kind of thing we're supposed to be doing here.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16611
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007
Sand$: 135,429.93
Thanks for the thoughts Oar.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14977
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003
Sand$: 38,316.86
Lundy Love wrote:
I wouldn’t because it would be guessing. Who knows. I’m not wasting a 7-8 rounder on a guess


I'll throw an 8th round pick at an Andy Reid RB.

He's still not close to that in most leagues, though.
Right now, he's the 54th RB off the board (MFL, last 7 days), after guys like Nyheim Hines, Peyton Barber and Matt Breida, and just ahead of studs like Dion Lewis and Chris Thompson.
That's just among RBs. Overall, he's still landing in the high double digit rounds and surrounded by kickers.

Obviously, every league is different and the MFL averages don't necessarily mean anything, but the market for Thompson hasn't moved much yet.
And, even when it does, yes, I'll throw that dart as high as the 8th round.
_______________________________________

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2006
Sand$: 3,620.78
Dynasty PPR

Would you give up Darwin and two 3rd rounders for Brandin Cooks?
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 1,744.62
jdferguson07 wrote:Dynasty PPR

Would you give up Darwin and two 3rd rounders for Brandin Cooks?


Smash accept
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2006
Sand$: 3,620.78
TheJayCutlers wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:Dynasty PPR

Would you give up Darwin and two 3rd rounders for Brandin Cooks?


Smash accept


Done.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16611
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007
Sand$: 135,429.93
jdferguson07 wrote:Dynasty PPR

Would you give up Darwin and two 3rd rounders for Brandin Cooks?

Depends on your team's situation. Are you building or contending? Do you need WR help?
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2006
Sand$: 3,620.78
scootm44 wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:Dynasty PPR

Would you give up Darwin and two 3rd rounders for Brandin Cooks?

Depends on your team's situation. Are you building or contending? Do you need WR help?


I'm young and contending with tons of future picks. This bumps Curtis Samuel and MVS down to where I can start Julio, AB and now Cooks.

Said it in another thread, that I'm super high on Darwin, but it's hard to pass on the proven commodity.

I made the deal, so it's done.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28515
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 76,448.04
jdferguson07 wrote:
scootm44 wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:Dynasty PPR

Would you give up Darwin and two 3rd rounders for Brandin Cooks?

Depends on your team's situation. Are you building or contending? Do you need WR help?


I'm young and contending with tons of future picks. This bumps Curtis Samuel and MVS down to where I can start Julio, AB and now Cooks.

Said it in another thread, that I'm super high on Darwin, but it's hard to pass on the proven commodity.

I made the deal, so it's done.


I’m not going to lie, but not bad on your part.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28515
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 76,448.04
I haven’t played dynasty is a couple years, but shoot I’m seeing some weird trades. Not bashing them, but Darwin and Preston? Whew

People are getting really savvy with ff now.