TE Tiers - 2019

Megalodon
Sand$: 135,443.01
I guess I should clarify. I've been taking Reed as my second TE hoping for some home runs. My first option is typically a base hitter like Hooper or Walker.

(stealing Oar's terminology)

Blue Shark
Sand$: 821.92
No mention of Darren waller?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,584.46
I think with the lack of receiving talent in SF the difference between Kelce and Kittle won't be as much as you think by the end of the season.

Jordan Reed and Jared Cook are swapped.

I like the idea of Walker and Reed being in a "^^^Two tiers up if you can stomach the injury risk" Tier.
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,318.04
scootm44 wrote:I guess I should clarify. I've been taking Reed as my second TE hoping for some home runs. My first option is typically a base hitter like Hooper or Walker.

(stealing Oar's terminology)

If that's the case, I wouldn't bother with the first guy.
After Kelce and Kittle (no, I don't want Ertz anywhere near his draft day price), there's a whole bunch of "maybe this guy gets 600 yards and 6-8 TDs" options. A few of them might go beyond that, but most won't.

There are at least a dozen of those guys, and I have no interest in clogging my roster with more than 1 of them.
Reed's one of the guys who can fly well past those numbers if healthy, but if he doesn't, there are 5 more guys on waivers at any given point who can compete for the #9 TE crown.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Sand$: 113,299.00
mj021407 wrote:No mention of Darren waller?

I can't imagine a scenario in which I draft him. If he goes nuts week 1 and my guy doesn't then he'd be one I'd consider chasing in waivers that week. To me, he's like Ricky Seals-Jones and less like basketball converts. You see the talent, but even dating back to college the production has just never been there. I need to see it before I believe it.
jnadke wrote:I think with the lack of receiving talent in SF the difference between Kelce and Kittle won't be as much as you think by the end of the season.

San Fran doesn't have a #1 pass catcher, but they have a lot of pass catchers. When they had a lot of guys last year Kittle was between 4-8 targets per week. Once they all were injured he was between 8-14.

Kelce's in a much better offense (TD's) and the path to a repeat of his 150 targets is clear. Kittle could repeat his usage, but I think it's the high end. I'd expect something closer to 120 and I'm wary the offense will sputter out of the gate given Jimmy G's slow rehab and the lack of talent in the run game.
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,592.88
I have a hard time taking a TE early since it's usually better to load up on RBs and WRs there, but I suppose you could do worse taking Kelce in the 2nd.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,796.20
Markulous wrote:I have a hard time taking a TE early since it's usually better to load up on RBs and WRs there, but I suppose you could do worse taking Kelce in the 2nd.

Looks like he could put up points right under the first tier of WRs and under the first two tiers of RBs in ppr.
Late 2nd value maybe?
hawkdogger wrote:
Markulous wrote:I have a hard time taking a TE early since it's usually better to load up on RBs and WRs there, but I suppose you could do worse taking Kelce in the 2nd.

Looks like he could put up points right under the first tier of WRs and under the first two tiers of RBs in ppr.
Late 2nd value maybe?

He was right with Evans, Juju, and Thielen last year. I see little reason to expect much less. But the difference is the numbers from your starting TE should you pick a 2nd round WR vs. Kelce and whoever you'd end up picking at WR. This year's WR depth is what's driving me towards him. Not just my last starter, but the quality of backups in case I'm wrong about any of my starters.
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,592.88
hawkdogger wrote:

Late 2nd value maybe?

Yeah late 2nd makes more sense to me. I'm not sure he will be on any of my teams but I can't fault anyone for taking him. He is in his own tier
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 219.49
I've been drafting Reed in one of the last rounds if I miss out on one of the top 3 (which I have in both drafts so far). Herndon has gone undrafted. My game plan is to pick him up cheaply week 2 of waivers. If he goes before that, I have no problem picking up V. Davis WHEN Reed gets injured.

PPR
QB: Goff (LAR), Foles (JAX)
WR: Jones (ATL), Kirk (ARI), Westbrook (JAX), Goodwin (SF), Williams (OAK), Crowder (NYJ), Thomas
RB: Kamara (NO), Gordon (LAC), Freeman (ATL), Smith (ATL), Hyde (KC), McGuire (NYJ), Bernard
TE: Hooper (ATL), Graham (GB)
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,153.36
mj021407 wrote:No mention of Darren waller?

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Foster Moreau out performs Waller this year. Waller never gets it done when it matters. And he gets hurt a lot. Moreau has worked his way up to #2 on the depth chart, can actually block, and got some Kittle comps coming out of LSU.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,863.85
My plan has been to wait for Jordan Reed and if I missed out on him, grab Doyle...if I had the space (not usually) grab Goedert and see what happens for as long as I could. That all went out the window last night though....Hunter Henry fell into my lap far too late to pass up.

If Reed and Doyle can stay healthy though, they have as good of a chance as any, including that second tier, to produce greatly and return immense value.

With mind distracted, never thinking death is coming...
To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
and then to come out empty is a tragic error...
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,268.02
As of right now and even in my shark leeg if you wan't O.J. Howard you gotta get him in the 4th to 5th turn...That's to rich for my blood.

I'm either targeting Evan Engram in the 6th or Henry in the 7th if all that goes to $hit I'll take Jordan Reed or good old dependable Delanie Walker in the later rounds.

I think Hooper is going to ball out this year...He is Free in drafts essentially.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,750.32
Just took Henry at #79 in the Pennington. Hoping for heavy red zone usage with Gates finally gone.

This was a roster-management type of pick, as only he , Engram, Hooper and Cook where left from the guys I liked this year. All of them would have been gone by my next pick, and I am sick of struggling at the position.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.