Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,324.54
jamcutpost wrote:
endzoneview wrote:It's too bad I'm not drafting any Bears because you guys are analyzing the crap out of this.

im regretting owning Cohen in the worst possible way about now #-o :)

I'm drafting all 3 of those guys.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,422.30
This is NEXT, NEXT, NEXT level over analysis. Lmao
Sand$: 41,310.27
Coach Matt Nagy admitted he "probably gave Tarik Cohen a little bit too much" work last season.

"We moved [Cohen] around a lot last year, and I do feel like there was a time — probably later in the season — where we probably gave him a little bit too much," Nagy said Tuesday. "And when you mentally drain them, it pulls them back physically." Cohen then only touched the ball four times in the playoff loss to the Eagles. Cohen is a legit playmaker, but it's evident the Bears want to dial back his workload after drafting David Montgomery, signing "space" player Cordarrelle Patterson and do-it-all RB Mike Davis, and having Anthony Miller returning to health. That's on top of already having Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel, and Trey Burton. There's just no way this offense can support all of these players. Cohen's RB2/3 ADP is too elevated for our taste.
Sand$: 113,274.80
I'd rather he kept that quiet until after my drafts. It was obvious based on his late season usage they thought they gave him too much earlier. Then their moves this offseason were corrective in nature, so they wouldn't be tempted with repeating the mistake.
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,897.96
Im on holiday, so just catching up on things

One thing ive learned?

Of the two pro-Cohen guys, i might disagree with both to some degree, but i can really only communicate with one & i thank him for that.

Thankyou, Zug.

The other? Less so. So ill only add some constructive advice for UT: If you have to keep imagining what im thinking ... or saying ... or otherwise imposing any other narrative, other than what ive actually committed to a post?

Youre more likely reading it wrong than right. And thats been true of just about every reply so far. So, i'll bow out on this one and hopefully it goes better next time

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,195.18
I may be reading it wrong, but you may also not be communicating what you think you're communicating.

I think this has run its course anyway, everyone is interested in acquiring Monty as the lead back for the Bears. No one is that interested in Cohen other than as a 3rd or probably 4th+ RB and ideally only in a PPR league where he's still more interesting as insurance if something does happen to Monty rather than as a guy you want in your lineup every week.
Great White Shark
Don't forget him in a league if you get points for return yards. : D
Last edited by ross3650 on Wed 08.21.2019, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,648.92
ross3650 wrote:Don't forget him in a league if you get points for return yards. : D

That's actually the only league I own him in :Drink)

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,318.04
Montgomery should be a solid RB2, but I'm not willing to reach for him. The rest of the offense is mostly uninteresting.
The only Bear I absolutely want on my team is Roquan Smith.
Even in non-IDP leagues. I'm not sure how, but I think he'll have at least a little value there, too.Maybe he can kick a few FGs.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
That's hilarious
Great White Shark
Miller. Ankle. Will affect beginning of season.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 579.04
i can easily see 3,000 all purpose yards and 20 TDs for Montgomery and I am sure nobody will disagree with me.

Now that I am no longer drafting against anyone here I will give my thoughts on other players.

Trubisky - I think he will be a solid low end QB1 as long as he stays healthy. They are very innovative in this offense, have more weapons and he is still going to get you points with his legs. That and another year to absorb Nagy's system should make him better than his current ADP as QB 17.

Early in this thread I mentioned that I liked Monty's upside and think he has the potential to really bust out in the 2nd half. His ADP has driven him to the end of the 3rd round in 12 team drafts which I think is a bit risky and had other higher. When I was personally drafting I grabbed him over Mack (prior to the Luck news) because I do think he is worth the gamble as long as you have RB depth.

As for Cohen I was shocked to hear the coach say he was going to take away touches. I think he will still be explosive but I would stay away from him at his ADP. I think his value is mainly in PPR leagues now. He does have flex appeal but I don't know if he is a weekly play (TBD).

Mike Davis is an excellent handcuff if you have deep benches because if anything happens to Montgomery he will be a capable backup with decent hands.

ARob is definitely being undervalued and I would have drafted him if he fell to me at 6.5 (he went 6.3). I think he is amazing value and that round. People would be talking about him as a stud in the playoff game had it not been for the missed field goal. He is 1 year removed from major surgery and I expect him to outperform last season.

IF Miller can stay healthy he is a great late season flyer but injuries have haunted him including during his college career.

Other WRs - don't draft. Gabriel had some good weeks last year but I don't think he is anything more than a bye week fill-in. This is one I could be wrong on because he seems to have Trubisky's trust but just don't see him getting consistent targets because of how many weapons they have. If you are playing preseason fantasy football than you must own Jason Wimms. Draft choice Ridley has looked great in practice and decent in the preseason but obviously not worth a roster spot.

Burton - Worry about the injuries and don't think he will be a consistent scorer but will have some great weeks. I think I have him at TE 11.

Defense should remain solid even with a new DC. Obviously they are the #1 rated FF defense going into the season and have a ton of talent.

Super bowl prediction Bears 46 Patriots 10
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 23,949.94
yoman wrote:i can easily see 3,000 all purpose yards and 20 TDs for Montgomery and I am sure nobody will disagree with me.

Forgive me. In this day and age, I can no longer easily discern satire/sarcasm. Is this either of those?
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 579.04
Elmagister wrote:
yoman wrote:i can easily see 3,000 all purpose yards and 20 TDs for Montgomery and I am sure nobody will disagree with me.

Forgive me. In this day and age, I can no longer easily discern satire/sarcasm. Is this either of those?

I'll let you be the judge of that but that would be one of the top 10 fantasy football scores of all time for a RB. I thought I typed 30 TDs so it would have been more obvious.
Megalodon
Sand$: 26,749.15
yoman wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

I'll let you be the judge of that but that would be one of the top 10 fantasy football scores of all time for a RB. I thought I typed 30 TDs so it would have been more obvious.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)