WR tiers - 2019

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,724.68
OarChambo wrote:
sctroyfan wrote:Considering the depth at WR..

Drafting 1 and taking RB.. Would it be nuts to draft 2 more RB's at the 2/3 turn? Hold off on WR until 4/5 and then draft 2..

I think WR value is at its worst around pick 50. You're relying on one of Edelman, Golladay, or Godwin sliding a few picks further than they usually do. For me, I'm hitting pause on WR at that point. I don't expect to get either Lockett or Mike Williams in any leeg, but I intend to use them as triggers to draft the others I have in that tier. I also don't want Allen Robinson as my WR1.

So if you're picking top 3 I think you have to pick a WR at that 2/3 turn. The one exception would be if Kelce slipped. Then I'd tempt fate that a WR falls to pick 48. Cause Kelce is your WR1, except not. But otherwise not doing so could totally screw up the rest of your draft. Unless of course you disagree with me about any of those WR's in the pick 50-70 range.

What you said.. I tried it in a mock and lost out on both edelman and lockett.. Was hoping for both but got neither. Then I was really screwed. Back to TY, Keenan or Kelce at that 2/3 turn

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,318.04
db45655 wrote:also, at the elbow, my cutoff for wr would be Evans and he'll probably be gone.

I really like Evans this year.
I can't really explain why, but he's the top 10 WR that keeps popping to me as the "this guy's going to have a monster season" option.

If I had a pick at the turn in round 1 this year, Beckham and Evans would probably be my picks.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Sand$: 113,299.00
hard 10 wrote:
db45655 wrote:also, at the elbow, my cutoff for wr would be Evans and he'll probably be gone.

I can't really explain why, but he's the top 10 WR that keeps popping to me as the "this guy's going to have a monster season" option.

If I had a pick at the turn in round 1 this year, Beckham and Evans would probably be my picks.

Bruce Arians. He's done well and teased despite turmoil around him. If he's going to be unlocked and the lid break open then it'll be with him. It's just a matter of if Arians does the same with Jameis.
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,318.04
OarChambo wrote:
hard 10 wrote:

Bruce Arians. He's done well and teased despite turmoil around him. If he's going to be unlocked and the lid break open then it'll be with him. It's just a matter of if Arians does the same with Jameis.

That's definitely a factor.
Every time I look at the Bucs roster, I get a "all these guys are going to be better this year" feeling. Evans is at the top of the list, but I like Winston as a legit QB1 this year, too.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Blue Shark
Sand$: 821.92
Tyler Lockett could def be a stud...I never thought so until last week or so. Word is he’s gonna be used a lot in different ways and had 4 targets in brief action of preseason game 2. Could be a Percy harvin Doug Baldwin combo
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,128.52
hard 10 wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. I have the 9th pick in a 12 team PPR (3rd Round Reversal), and desperately want Evans early in the 2nd round, but I'm worried he's gonna go just before the 2.04 pick.

But, I'm all in on Evans this year.

Adams
Hopkins
Julio
MT

...then it's Evans for me...over OBJ and even Tyreek. That may be a little crazy, but my guts telling me Evans finishes as a top 5, maybe even top 3 WR this year.

Deep Crimson

12-Team, PPR

QB - P. Rivers
RB - Dav. Johnson, N. Chubb
WR - C. Kupp, A. Robinson, M. Williams
FLEX - C. Carson
TE - D. Walker
DEF - BAL
BN - L. Fitzgerald, D. Singletary, R. Penny, J. Hill, AJ Brown, J. Ross, N.E. Def
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,128.52
TIER 1
Davante Adams
DeAndre Hopkins
Julio Jones

TIER 2
Mike Evans
Michael Thomas
Tyreek Hill
Odell Beckham Jr.

TIER 3
JuJu Smith-Schuster
T.Y. Hilton
Antonio Brown

TIER 4
Amari Cooper
Stefon Diggs
Keenan Allen
Adam Thielen
Brandin Cooks

TIER 5
Chris Godwin
A.J. Green (not drafting no matter how far he falls)
Tyler Lockett
Julian Edelman
Robert Woods
Mike Williams (love him this year, but feel he's very risk/reward, especially now that he costs a 7th or 8th round pick compared to a dart throw lottery pick last year)
Kenny Golladay

TIER 6
Josh Gordon
Cooper Kupp
Calvin Ridley
Robby Anderson
Alshon Jeffery
Tyler Boyd
D.J. Moore
Sterling Shepard
Corey Davis
Marvin Jones
Allen Robinson
Jarvis Landry

TIER 7
Dante Pettis
Sammy Watkins
Emmanuel Sanders
Courtland Sutton
John Brown
Christian Kirk
Will Fuller
Golden Tate
Larry Fitzgerald
Chris Moore
James Washington
Curtis Samuel

Deep Crimson

12-Team, PPR

QB - P. Rivers
RB - Dav. Johnson, N. Chubb
WR - C. Kupp, A. Robinson, M. Williams
FLEX - C. Carson
TE - D. Walker
DEF - BAL
BN - L. Fitzgerald, D. Singletary, R. Penny, J. Hill, AJ Brown, J. Ross, N.E. Def
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 666.30
ok, I have to ask. Are you spelling "league" wrong on purpose?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,474.32
FYI Evan will still be there after the turn, the player to look for with the most improvement on the bucs is Godwin.

the whole team including Arians is the covet big year our if him this year.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,268.02
endzoneview wrote:I know WR is deep but picking at the elbow I can't stop thinking of a ODB/Tyreek combo.

I did this a few nights ago and this is the team I ended up with....I'm really happy with it. :party-smiley-050:

12 Team full point PPR

Kyler
Josh Jacobs
Damien Williams
OBJ
TYREEK
Jared Cook
David Montgomery

Bench:
Jarvis
Rashad Penny
Kalen Ballage
Tony Pollard
Darwin Thompson
Lamar Jackson
Sand$: 113,299.00
rwbrockett wrote:ok, I have to ask. Are you spelling "league" wrong on purpose?

Sometimes I get board.
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,594.22
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I know WR is deep but picking at the elbow I can't stop thinking of a ODB/Tyreek combo.

I did this a few nights ago and this is the team I ended up with....I'm really happy with it. :party-smiley-050:

12 Team full point PPR

Kyler
Josh Jacobs
Damien Williams
OBJ
TYREEK
Jared Cook
David Montgomery

Bench:
Jarvis
Rashad Penny
Kalen Ballage
Tony Pollard
Darwin Thompson
Lamar Jackson

I'm not a fan of your RBs whatsoever. This really isn't a year for me to go zero RB or anything. Too much talent at the top and it just falls off a cliff.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,268.02
Markulous wrote:
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:

12 Team full point PPR

Kyler
Josh Jacobs
Damien Williams
OBJ
TYREEK
Jared Cook
David Montgomery

Bench:
Jarvis
Rashad Penny
Kalen Ballage
Tony Pollard
Darwin Thompson
Lamar Jackson

I'm not a fan of your RBs whatsoever. This really isn't a year for me to go zero RB or anything. Too much talent at the top and it just falls off a cliff.

I can respect that....But IF I hit on those rb's that's potentially SHIP winning roster....Just saying.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,326.84
Good stuff, Oar. Thanks.

"Bored just writing his name."

:lol:
Megalodon
Sand$: 42,558.34
Hoping Mike Evans falls to the 2/3 turn but not going to happen methinks. Think he's got a shot for overall WR1 if the Bucs offense ends up getting the Arians bump like anticipated and the defense is as bad as it looks on paper.

Honestly if AB inspired any sort of confidence that he was going to play a full season the situation in Oakland is almost perfect for him for a fantasy perspective. Gruden would throw every pass to him to justify that trade and the Raiders will be trailing basically every week. He could've potentially pushed for something in the 150+ target range easily.

The Chargers are becoming a very interesting team with Gordon looking very likely to miss a good portion of the season. Jackson and Ekeler aren't going to be able to match him as a rusher so how they alter their offense could be a nice little bargain on the WRs if it's more short passing to replace the rushing. May give a boost to Rivers, Allen, and Henry a bit more now.

Definitely with you on not needing much from the 10-25/30 ish range of WRs. If there's 1 in there you're really in to then draft him and load up on the interesting darts in the next 20-30 WRs.

2009 Tanked Dynasty League Champ
2010 Draft Sharks Semi-Pro West Champ
2011 Draft Sharks Pro Champ
2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion