Dare Ogunbowale - TB

Sand$: 41,310.27
OarChambo wrote:It's a valuable resource, but you must have the ability to filter and think critically.

That should be the prompt every time anyone logs in to twitter
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,434.88
endzoneview wrote:
OarChambo wrote:It's a valuable resource, but you must have the ability to filter and think critically.

That should be the prompt every time anyone logs in to twitter

Or anything online or in the news.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 23.84
tnuts13 wrote:@Vision. Wondering why the 3.0 average preseason against the non-starting front fours has you so excited preseason? The other two RB's are averaging well over 4 a carry against starters...

if stats were being used to measure, Jones II would have been released in the off-season
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,863.85
OarChambo wrote:
tsbgrayghost wrote:Thanks. Maybe its time to learn twitter.

It's a valuable resource, but you must have the ability to filter and think critically.

I'll echo this statement, especially the bolded for emphasis.

I don't see any RB being hugely valuable behind this TB O-line. I don't see their offensive philosophy changing much, if at all, from last year. That's not even taking into account that dreadful defense.

Flex-worthy during the bye-week doldrums at best, imo.

With mind distracted, never thinking death is coming...
To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
and then to come out empty is a tragic error...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 23,949.94
You don't see their offensive philosophy changing with Arians talking over?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,863.85
Elmagister wrote:You don't see their offensive philosophy changing with Arians talking over?

Very loosely speaking, no. I'm just referring to them being extremely pass heavy. I don't think they are going to really have any option to be otherwise with the way that team is currently built.

With mind distracted, never thinking death is coming...
To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
and then to come out empty is a tragic error...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,465.34
Rojo is hot and cold in camp. Making some nice plays followed by screw ups.
Sand$: 113,274.80
Elmagister wrote:You don't see their offensive philosophy changing with Arians talking over?

It's just preseason, but I was reminded tonight that Arians can't play OL and Jameis may not be smart enough to glean any knowledge from him.
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,897.96
I've taken Dare in a cpl early drafts in the final round.

Basically, because there is some potential & appeal there. How much? Great Qu and IDK.

Its hard to tell (for me anyway) as your basically going off of:

Limited CFB sample
    Of 2yrs
    No real NFL sample
    A handful of PS games, a cpl of Returns

Which makes it even murkier than normal.

2013: Freshman. DB. Melvin gordon is the bell cow
    2014: Sophomore. Corner. Melvin still here. Got some reps in with the O and played starter snaps in 2 blowout wins w/Corey Clement while Melvin was taken out
    2015: Junior. RB. Moves full time to RB and splits in an RBBC w/ Clement
    2016: Senior. RB. Takes a back seat to Clement

1,832 APY (inc 60 recs), 14 TDs over 27 games as an RB in RBBC w/Clement (mainly as the junior partner)

All i know is the comeptition looks like this:

Barber: Lowest of low ceilings. Floor not very high.
    Rojo: Highest ceiling, floor as low as Barber - potentially lower if 2018 RJ2 turns up again
    Dare: Highest floor of all 3. Ceiling lower than Rojo (by a lot), higher than Barber (by a little bit)

We see an awful lot of mediocre RBs getting drafted because theyre on "High powered Os".

Colts ... Packers (I mean jeebus, how many guys have we had in there going back to Starks) ... Pats (that book seems closed now w/Sony & Harris - were the poster boys for retread RBs)

If you were told IND/ GBP/ NEP RB situation was in flux with open competition and no clear winner yet - but one of the guys is bascially free? Youd be interested. As should we all.

BA isnt perfect, but his O - coupled with that D - should be good for plenty of offensive snaps & he likes an RB who can catch. Something we at least know Dare can do (ex DB, caught 60 in 2yrs, done some return work)

But it is what it is.

In a year where RBs go early, quickly and the drop offs in tiers is legendary this year (& two of the very few bell cows that are there are risky AF) thats why there is some appeal here this year more so than other years.

The price point is good right now, and there is a reason for that: 3rd on DC atm, likely RBBC, potential OL issues, negative gamescript etc

Will need things to fall right for the good to factor in (high powered O, pass catching chops, potential to be GLBack), so dont overspend/ overpay. If youre short at RB? Worth it. In the final rnd.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Mako Shark
Sand$: 23.84
Buccaneers' Dare Ogunbowale: Could handle passing downs
by RotoWire Staff

(11 mins ago) Ogunbowale is making a case to serve as Tampa Bay's third-down back, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports.
Seemingly ahead of Andre Ellington for the third spot on the depth chart, Ogunbowale is making a decent case for a Week 1 role. The Buccaneers notably used him in the no-huddle offense during their third preseason game, giving the 25-year-old a full drive next to Jameis Winston in the backfield. Peyton Barber and Ronald Jones still are expected to take most of the carries, but Ogunbowale could get a shot at more work throughout the season.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 658.22
Picked him up in a couple a leagues with the last Pick
Hoping for Stats similar to a couple of Blount's - 5 Carries, 4 Yards, 4 TD's :-k
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,306.12
He went undrafted, once the 3rd down back / hot hand stuff hit the twitter feed, I grabbed him as a Free agent.

QB: Wentz/JimmyG RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pollrd, Darwin
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Samuel TE: OJ
K: Butt, DEF: BAL/SEA
--
QB: Russ, RB: Cook, Carsn, Single, Mostert, Darwin
WR: Julio, Godwin, Alsh, J.Brown, Hlywod, Hardmn, TE: Walk/Hock
K: DEF: SF
Blue Shark
Sand$: 821.92
I don’t get the hype for this guy, could be 3 headed committee, behind a bad oline that projects to pass downfield a lot. I guess their defense is bad and he may get a lot of garbage time points?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,306.12
mj021407 wrote:I don’t get the hype for this guy, could be 3 headed committee, behind a bad oline that projects to pass downfield a lot. I guess their defense is bad and he may get a lot of garbage time points?

For me, it's a combination of his low or free cost + underwhelming RB's in front of him + his ability to catch + Arians offense + Announcement that he's the 3rd down back + he has a really cool name.

It's a late round crapshoot or in my case a free agent add that costs Zero.

QB: Wentz/JimmyG RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pollrd, Darwin
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Samuel TE: OJ
K: Butt, DEF: BAL/SEA
--
QB: Russ, RB: Cook, Carsn, Single, Mostert, Darwin
WR: Julio, Godwin, Alsh, J.Brown, Hlywod, Hardmn, TE: Walk/Hock
K: DEF: SF
Sand$: 41,310.27
Fun Fact - Dare has a sister that is a pretty damn good WNBA player - "Arike Ogunbowale is the lone rookie to ever have multiple 35-point games and joins Candance Parker as the only first-year player to score 35 points, hand out five assists and grab five rebounds in a single-game"

I don't play in deep enough leagues to warrant drafting Dare but I would if I could because I don't believe in these other two guys ahead of him on the depth chart. I'm watch listing.