The Darwin Thompson Theory

Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,669.52
rugger48 wrote:I haven’t played dynasty is a couple years, but shoot I’m seeing some weird trades. Not bashing them, but Darwin and Preston? Whew

People are getting really savvy with ff now.

Yea I flipped Preston for Hooper immediately after drafting him in the 4th PW in the 4th in our rookie draft.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 829.72
I see I’m higher on Darwin than most, I think it’s a no brainer at this point to take him anywhere past 8th round and I’ll prob reach for him maybe earlier in some drafts. I understand the draft pedigree (real football) and all that but to me it doesn’t seem much different than miles sanders situation, right now looks like backfield is up to Damien Williams and Darwin. Darwin has been getting first team work in practices on 3rd downs and redzone and goal line. Meanwhile Williams is a career backup with limited playing time to this point. KC most prolific offense, where Andy Reid is known to have great production from RB position....am I missing something as to why I shouldn’t be so high on him?
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,953.26
mj021407 wrote:I see I’m higher on Darwin than most, I think it’s a no brainer at this point to take him anywhere past 8th round

Not sure thats wholly true

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Blue Shark
https://www.hjnews.com/sports/usu/thomp ... f.amp.html

Killed it at his pro day....this guy is to good to be true
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,493.74
mj021407 wrote:https://www.hjnews.com/sports/usu/thompson-shines-at-usu-s-pro-day/article_8ea64e57-bbd2-5810-b0e0-2452477eb28f.amp.html

Killed it at his pro day....this guy is to good to be true

Whoa, never seen that before. Crazy good
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,493.74
jdferguson07 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:I haven’t played dynasty is a couple years, but shoot I’m seeing some weird trades. Not bashing them, but Darwin and Preston? Whew

People are getting really savvy with ff now.

Yea I flipped Preston for Hooper immediately after drafting him in the 4th PW in the 4th in our rookie draft.

I’m actually being truthful here, people jumping early on these guys. Have to take more risks nowadays.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,760.68
He has been going in the 120+ range in the Pennington drafts.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,666.60
mj021407 wrote:I see I’m higher on Darwin than most, I think it’s a no brainer at this point to take him anywhere past 8th round and I’ll prob reach for him maybe earlier in some drafts. I understand the draft pedigree (real football) and all that but to me it doesn’t seem much different than miles sanders situation, right now looks like backfield is up to Damien Williams and Darwin. Darwin has been getting first team work in practices on 3rd downs and redzone and goal line. Meanwhile Williams is a career backup with limited playing time to this point. KC most prolific offense, where Andy Reid is known to have great production from RB position....am I missing something as to why I shouldn’t be so high on him?

Careful here, At least Williams started in College in a power 5 conference with talent all around him. Thompson is nowhere near the talent that Miles Sanders is, does not have the draft capital invested in him that Sanders does, is not the clearly superior athlete in his backfield (like Sanders); and at no point has PHI claimed that Jordan Howard was “the guy”

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,325.22
zuggyawesome wrote:
mj021407 wrote:I see I’m higher on Darwin than most, I think it’s a no brainer at this point to take him anywhere past 8th round and I’ll prob reach for him maybe earlier in some drafts. I understand the draft pedigree (real football) and all that but to me it doesn’t seem much different than miles sanders situation, right now looks like backfield is up to Damien Williams and Darwin. Darwin has been getting first team work in practices on 3rd downs and redzone and goal line. Meanwhile Williams is a career backup with limited playing time to this point. KC most prolific offense, where Andy Reid is known to have great production from RB position....am I missing something as to why I shouldn’t be so high on him?

Careful here, At least Williams started in College in a power 5 conference with talent all around him. Thompson is nowhere near the talent that Miles Sanders is, does not have the draft capital invested in him that Sanders does, is not the clearly superior athlete in his backfield (like Sanders); and at no point has PHI claimed that Jordan Howard was “the guy”

Draft capital and college stats are meaningless now.
If Thompson has a chance to see significant carries in an Andy Reid offense, and he does, he's a fantasy asset. If he can take the job and run with it, he's a certain top 10 RB.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,666.60
hard 10 wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

Draft capital and college stats are meaningless now.
If Thompson has a chance to see significant carries in an Andy Reid offense, and he does, he's a fantasy asset. If he can take the job and run with it, he's a certain top 10 RB.

How is it meaningless when that’s all we have to go on at this point in time? Agreed he will be a fantasy asset if he can seize the starting job, but his chances of doing so are not unrelated to his own merits

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,640.16
I'd definitely look at him in the 11th but 8th, I dunno. There are still WRs there that have a lot of upside and can be at least a flex, but I see the appeal if you believe the upside is there. Right now, it seems like its anyone's guess how much he will be used.
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,325.22
zuggyawesome wrote:How is it meaningless when that’s all we have to go on at this point in time? Agreed he will be a fantasy asset if he can seize the starting job, but his chances of doing so are not unrelated to his own merits

College stats got these guys drafted. Once they're on teams, those stats are no longer important.
What matters now is what these guys do in practice and in preseason games. So far, Thompson's the guy who has stood out, and all the reports out of training camp have been very positive. Maybe Thompson doesn't start the year as the starting RB, but I like his chances to be a significant part of the running game early and take more and more of it as the year goes on.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Blue Shark
I sure hope majority is hesitant like the skeptical ones in here
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,245.68
Just picked him at 8.11 in a shark league. Already had the full skill lineup picked, so seemed like as good a time as any to go upside.
Edit: and I was thrilled to get him.
Last edited by Cadence calls on Sat 08.24.2019, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Shark
Can I get a list of reasons to be skeptical because by my count the positives regarding him and his situation is quite the list