Megalodon
Posts: 18035
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 15,594.22
Coach Doug Marrone said third-round TE Josh Oliver suffered a "serious" hamstring injury in Thursday's practice.
A standout in spring practices, Oliver hadn't made much noise to this point in camp. The rookie easily possesses the most upside in this tight end group, but it sounds like he's going to miss multiple weeks at minimum. Geoff Swaim and James O'Shaugnessy are next up on the depth chart.


He may not have made a huge impact this season but this is a guy they were really hoping would develop into a solid TE
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12473
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 37,296.96
How much will that put him back in terms of games missed?
_______________________________________

Megalodon
Posts: 18035
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 15,594.22
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:How much will that put him back in terms of games missed?

No one really knows yet. The guess is 4 or 5 games but I could see it being more with it being a hamstring injury
Megalodon
Posts: 24230
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 17,897.96
In some good news?



That was pretty.

And some bad:

_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Posts: 18035
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 15,594.22
Chark seems to be definitely improving. Not sure how much value he will have in fantasy but it's good for the team
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12473
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 37,296.96
Markulous wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:How much will that put him back in terms of games missed?

No one really knows yet. The guess is 4 or 5 games but I could see it being more with it being a hamstring injury


Oof. That hurts.
_______________________________________

Megalodon
Posts: 18035
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 15,594.22
Some brief observations last night:

Fournette looks quicker than I've ever seen him but just as strong. Health is still a huge risk so I probably won't end up with him on my team, but he looked really good.

Foles looked about what I thought so far. A clear upgrade from Bortles but struggled a bit.

Westbrook is going to get a ton of targets. He clearly is the guy that Foles trusts the most.

Our defense looked good. Josh Allen looks like a monster
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7013
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005
Sand$: 1,432.54
Markulous wrote:Some brief observations last night:

Fournette looks quicker than I've ever seen him but just as strong. Health is still a huge risk so I probably won't end up with him on my team, but he looked really good.

Foles looked about what I thought so far. A clear upgrade from Bortles but struggled a bit.

Westbrook is going to get a ton of targets. He clearly is the guy that Foles trusts the most.

Our defense looked good. Josh Allen looks like a monster


I am hoping people have tuned out (or never tuned in), but I am hoping to get me some cheap Dede.
Moderator
Posts: 56030
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 113,299.00
ross3650 wrote:
Markulous wrote:Some brief observations last night:

Fournette looks quicker than I've ever seen him but just as strong. Health is still a huge risk so I probably won't end up with him on my team, but he looked really good.

Foles looked about what I thought so far. A clear upgrade from Bortles but struggled a bit.

Westbrook is going to get a ton of targets. He clearly is the guy that Foles trusts the most.

Our defense looked good. Josh Allen looks like a monster


I am hoping people have tuned out (or never tuned in), but I am hoping to get me some cheap Dede.

I'm reluctantly starting to come around - at least slotting him as a contingency plan if I don't get my primary targets.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8915
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 19,750.32
Markulous wrote: Josh Allen looks like a monster
I told you, you guys got the steal of the draft in Josh. Something that you probably did not notice in the highlights is that he not only is a stud on every play, but the guy seems to always make the biggest plays at the most crucial times.

I truly believe that he is going to have a HOF career.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Megalodon
Posts: 18035
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 15,594.22
bluemist wrote:
Markulous wrote: Josh Allen looks like a monster
I told you, you guys got the steal of the draft in Josh. Something that you probably did not notice in the highlights is that he not only is a stud on every play, but the guy seems to always make the biggest plays at the most crucial times.

I truly believe that he is going to have a HOF career.

I hope you're right. I loved his film in college and doesn't seem like he's missing a beat, which is incredible at that position. They just need to sign Ngakoue and we'll have two stud DEs for a while possibly.
Great White Shark
Posts: 8719
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004
Sand$: 45,629.30
With Capers back on the coaching staff, wouldn’t surprise me to see them play more 50 and 3-4 this year. With their personel now it makes sense. Gotta get Allen, Ngakoue, and Campbell on field together as much as possible.
Megalodon
Posts: 18035
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 15,594.22
Jaguars third-round LB Quincy Williams (knee) has been cleared to practice.
Williams had an early August knee scope to repair a torn meniscus. He was given a 4-6 week timetable, so this keeps him on track for Week 1. Williams was one of the standouts of OTAs before going down. Assuming he avoids setbacks, he'll open the year in a starting role.


This is really good news as he's been a beast in camp and will jump into Telvin's old role.

Biggest injury still lingering is Oliver, our rookie TE, who probably won't make a huge impact this year anyway. Our O-line looks like it'll be all healthy, which they should be about an average unit, maybe slightly better if we get lucky.
Megalodon
Posts: 24230
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 17,897.96
Markulous wrote:
Jaguars third-round LB Quincy Williams (knee) has been cleared to practice.
Williams had an early August knee scope to repair a torn meniscus. He was given a 4-6 week timetable, so this keeps him on track for Week 1. Williams was one of the standouts of OTAs before going down. Assuming he avoids setbacks, he'll open the year in a starting role.


This is really good news as he's been a beast in camp and will jump into Telvin's old role.

Biggest injury still lingering is Oliver, our rookie TE, who probably won't make a huge impact this year anyway. Our O-line looks like it'll be all healthy, which they should be about an average unit, maybe slightly better if we get lucky.

Thats great news =D>
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1734
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010
Sand$: 3,665.84
I'm in on Fournette this year. I understand why others aren't, but he's in much better shape this year and the line should be better.