Sand$: 40,875.27
Cyguy84 wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:Things have changed, immensely, since Big Ben had his accusation. The NFL is quick to suspend and has an actual system in place to handle suspensions like this.

I don't think that the allegation against Brown has the kind of evidence that warrants an immediate suspension.

Let's find out.
And see how the Pats deal with this.
The Chiefs suspended Tyreek from all team activities until the league office determined there was insufficient evidence for discipline.

Whatcha going to do Pats?

Personally, I thought that the Chiefs were too hasty and I was on Hill's side the entire time. Until there is damning evidence, I think it is unreasonable to suspend someone due to an allegation.

I don't think that the Patriots should suspend Antonio Brown, either. Let it play out, let the NFL investigate.

also it was the off-season. The Chiefs rightly played it safe on the PR front. They didn't need to win any games.
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,301.44
I we going to debate which is the better human between a violent wife beater and a sexual abuser and which team handled giving them massive contracts better?

Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,746.46
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,484.44
hawkdogger wrote:
What an asinine statement.

I find it odd how everyone was ready to suspend Tyreek has reversed their position on AB.

I've always had a fact-first approach. To this and everything.

I was right then and I'm right now. Deal with it.

A game would have been fine with me now as it was then.
Megalodon
Sand$: 63,053.72
endzoneview wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:I don't think that the allegation against Brown has the kind of evidence that warrants an immediate suspension.

unless you are privy to more information than has been released I don't know how you san say this.

Reading the overall complaint --

https://deadspin.com/lawsuit-antonio-br ... 1838026970

My thoughts are this:
1- The first two allegations accuse Brown of inappropriate behavior, but it would be difficult to suspend him without video evidence or something that 100% proves that he acted inappropriately (e.g., it was not consensual).
2- The third allegation is the crux of a suspension, and would require a thorough investigation. I don't have much to comment on that without more evidence.
3- Brown has a clear defense to everything that a) the sexual contact was consensual, and b) this is an attempt at a shakedown by her.

Right now, due to the timing of everything, it really looks like a shakedown attempt. That is why I don't think the league should jump in and suspend him, as he has a clear defense that would exonerate him if true, so the NFL isn't positive that a crime occurred.

Contrast that to Big Ben (e.g., no question that she was stumbling drunk, witnesses at the scene describe trying to intervene, even if she was "willing" it wasn't legal consent due to her drunkenness), who had no defense, or other suspensions like Adrian Peterson (e.g., there was no argument that he hit his kid, the question is whether it was abuse or not).
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,301.44
People are going to get carried away in the minutia of the 'he said, she said' but whether innocent or guilty this just seems to be the kind of trouble that appears to follow Antonio Brown and it is at least partly brought on by his own activity and decisions. He is chaos.

Have to say though, it will be a little ironic if the Patriots or league take action considering the team owner's own conduct this off-season.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,153.36
The fact that she only filed a civil case (ie: cash grab) and not criminal charges is very telling, IMO
Cyguy84 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:I don't think that the allegation against Brown has the kind of evidence that warrants an immediate suspension.

unless you are privy to more information than has been released I don't know how you san say this.

Reading the overall complaint --

https://deadspin.com/lawsuit-antonio-br ... 1838026970

My thoughts are this:
1- The first two allegations accuse Brown of inappropriate behavior, but it would be difficult to suspend him without video evidence or something that 100% proves that he acted inappropriately (e.g., it was not consensual).
2- The third allegation is the crux of a suspension, and would require a thorough investigation. I don't have much to comment on that without more evidence.
3- Brown has a clear defense to everything that a) the sexual contact was consensual, and b) this is an attempt at a shakedown by her.

Right now, due to the timing of everything, it really looks like a shakedown attempt. That is why I don't think the league should jump in and suspend him, as he has a clear defense that would exonerate him if true, so the NFL isn't positive that a crime occurred.

Contrast that to Big Ben (e.g., no question that she was stumbling drunk, witnesses at the scene describe trying to intervene, even if she was "willing" it wasn't legal consent due to her drunkenness), who had no defense, or other suspensions like Adrian Peterson (e.g., there was no argument that he hit his kid, the question is whether it was abuse or not).

You originally said that there's no validity due to the evidence but then respond that it would be difficult to suspend him (1) without video evidence or (2) more evidence.

Do they have to show all their evidence when they file the civil suit?

If not, then like I said, I don't know how you can base anything on evidence you aren't privy too.

If they have to show all their evidence at the time they file, I apologize.
hawkdogger wrote:

I find it odd how everyone was ready to suspend Tyreek has reversed their position on AB.

I don't think we ever found out what really happened unless I missed it.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,799.50
endzoneview wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:

My point all along.
hawkdogger wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:

My point all along.

ok. I remember you posting 'facts' that she did it.

Carry on then.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,484.44
:lol:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,799.50
ok. I remember you posting 'facts' that she did it.

Carry on then.[/quote]

Nope. My point was there was a good chance she did, based on the evidence. Which made it premature.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,746.46
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,399.38
TheJayCutlers wrote:

FFS- cutting Taylor from my fantasy trainers dyno.