User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1656
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2007
Sand$: 4,437.20
Gleamed this when looking at usage notes on another site... thought I'd share..

Mecole Hardman played 60 snaps for the Chiefs (78%). He did not have a catch, but that is telling that he was on the field for virtually every snap once Tyreek Hill left with injury. They were not prepared to use him in Week 1, but he is next on the depth chart...

He was brought in to be a replacement due to suspension IMO... I could see him being Week 2 darling WW pick up. Only problem with that theory is KC may not even need to throw the ball this week against OAK.
Megalodon
Posts: 18047
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 15,617.32
Hardman is a decent pickup in a deeper/bigger league, however you have so many waiver WRs that blew up, I can't see rostering him in most leagues.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58338
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 23,999.08
tnuts13 wrote:
He was brought in to be a replacement due to suspension IMO...

Disagree. He's not Tyreek.
Leopard Shark
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2017
Sand$: 223.32
He may fizzle out as soon as Hill returns...

I think Hardman is going to light it up over the next few weeks.

Breakout game against Oakland coming up this weekend. He will be featured. He will score.
Chum
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017
Sand$: 85.14
Markulous wrote:Hardman is a decent pickup in a deeper/bigger league, however you have so many waiver WRs that blew up, I can't see rostering him in most leagues.



Very true. There is a nice group of WR on the WW that blew up this week. However, there is only one KC offense. I wasn't able to snag any of the other pieces of it in the draft. Aside from Thompson who was a speculative grab of course.

Hardman has to be an add over these other WW WR just on ceiling potential. I wouldn't want to be in a spot where I have to start him this week coming up though. I would prefer to pick up and wait a week. Unless I start hearing positive rumblings coming out of this week's practices. We are going to find out soon enough. Based on what we saw during the preseason its hard to dispute that Hardman was drafted as the heir apparent to Hill in case of suspension. He was taken 56th overall. He was the first pick..... they gave up their first round to Seattle in the Frank Clark deal. Keep in mind they ALSO dealt their pick at 61 (just 5 spots later) and their 167 to move into the 56th slot. They had eyes for him right off the bat. I think these things say a lot about why he was drafted and what role they intend him to fill. An insurance policy that is ready to be redeemed.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6721
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 23,799.50
mercilessMang wrote:
Markulous wrote:Hardman is a decent pickup in a deeper/bigger league, however you have so many waiver WRs that blew up, I can't see rostering him in most leagues.



Very true. There is a nice group of WR on the WW that blew up this week. However, there is only one KC offense. I wasn't able to snag any of the other pieces of it in the draft. Aside from Thompson who was a speculative grab of course.

Hardman has to be an add over these other WW WR just on ceiling potential. I wouldn't want to be in a spot where I have to start him this week coming up though. I would prefer to pick up and wait a week. Unless I start hearing positive rumblings coming out of this week's practices. We are going to find out soon enough. Based on what we saw during the preseason its hard to dispute that Hardman was drafted as the heir apparent to Hill in case of suspension. He was taken 56th overall. He was the first pick..... they gave up their first round to Seattle in the Frank Clark deal. Keep in mind they ALSO dealt their pick at 61 (just 5 spots later) and their 167 to move into the 56th slot. They had eyes for him right off the bat. I think these things say a lot about why he was drafted and what role they intend him to fill. An insurance policy that is ready to be redeemed.



They do really like him, and he's looked good.
Great speed, some fluidity, and better routes than expected. Still has trouble getting off the line. Lacks the radical direction change Hill has.
They might use him off the line of in jet sweeps and screens to get him in space.
I always saw him more as the replacement for Watkins than Hill.
I'm going to sneak him in once waivers are closed. he needs work, but hell, they might let him learn on the job.
Great White Shark
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 13,664.80
mercilessMang wrote:
Markulous wrote:Hardman is a decent pickup in a deeper/bigger league, however you have so many waiver WRs that blew up, I can't see rostering him in most leagues.



Very true. There is a nice group of WR on the WW that blew up this week. However, there is only one KC offense. I wasn't able to snag any of the other pieces of it in the draft. Aside from Thompson who was a speculative grab of course.

Hardman has to be an add over these other WW WR just on ceiling potential. I wouldn't want to be in a spot where I have to start him this week coming up though. I would prefer to pick up and wait a week. Unless I start hearing positive rumblings coming out of this week's practices. We are going to find out soon enough. Based on what we saw during the preseason its hard to dispute that Hardman was drafted as the heir apparent to Hill in case of suspension. He was taken 56th overall. He was the first pick..... they gave up their first round to Seattle in the Frank Clark deal. Keep in mind they ALSO dealt their pick at 61 (just 5 spots later) and their 167 to move into the 56th slot. They had eyes for him right off the bat. I think these things say a lot about why he was drafted and what role they intend him to fill. An insurance policy that is ready to be redeemed.


For WRs: John Ross -> Mecole Hardman -> DJ Chark..

Ross was a top 10 pick... and he's been written off because of his lack of production the first two seasons.. but he was a good prospect coming out of college, and there is an easy case to make that his hamstring injuries have held him back the previous two years. With AJG sidelined with injury, he very easily could surpass Boyd as the number 1 target in CIN

Hardman was a starter on the KC offense even before Tyreek's injury. After the injury his snap percentage spiked into the 80%s. With Tyreek out, he's likely going to be the number 3 option on a KC offense... which is likely to lend some fantasy points.

DJ Chark-- Beat reporters have been touting him as the most impressive WR all offseason, and most people kind of wrote it off as the speedy deep threat that always looks good in training camp... well. dude just lit it up in a real game, and I think it's time to take a chance on this crazy size speed specimen.

McLaurin is still a rookie playing on the WSH offense.. which is likely to struggle. And Jordan Reed returns this week, likely limiting his touches.

Hollywood is still recovering from Lisfranc surgery.
Last edited by zuggyawesome on Tue 09.10.2019, 18:16, edited 2 times in total.
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 48117
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,875.27
How long is Tyreek out?
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1479
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 1,746.46
endzoneview wrote:How long is Tyreek out?


No idea and the guys with injuries like this are rare so finding a range better than 3-8 weeks is tough.
Leopard Shark
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2017
Sand$: 223.32
Report just posted on Hill

Out for 4-6 weeks

RotoWire Staff
(19 mins ago) Hill (collarbone) is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks, but it could end up being longer, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
The Chiefs don't intend to place Hill on injured reserve, preferring to first see how he progresses in the early stages of his rehab from a sternoclavicular joint injury. It sounds like he'll miss the rest of September, with no assurances of a return in October. The Chiefs will turn to Mecole Hardman, Demarcus Robinson and De'Anthony Thomas behind Sammy Watkins at wide receiver.
Great White Shark
Posts: 3270
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008
Sand$: 6,317.82
Hardman = must add

He cleared waivers so just dropped Browns DST for him.
Will figure out who to cut to get a DST before Sunday
_______________________________________

QB: Wentz/JimmyG RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pollrd, Darwin
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Samuel TE: OJ
K: Butt, DEF: BAL/SEA
--
QB: Russ, RB: Cook, Carsn, Single, Mostert, Darwin
WR: Julio, Godwin, Alsh, J.Brown, Hlywod, Hardmn, TE: Walk/Hock
K: DEF: SF
Megalodon
Posts: 18047
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 15,617.32
Yeah, with him being out "4-6 weeks, maybe more" I agree at this point Hardman just jumped up on the waiver priority.

I dropped Curtis Samuel for him in both of my leagues. Probably a mistake and Samuel goes off this week.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 48117
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,875.27
I picked him up and am starting him in K/DEF because I like to take chances in that league.
Moderator
Posts: 56030
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 113,299.00
Markulous wrote:I dropped Curtis Samuel for him in both of my leagues. Probably a mistake and Samuel goes off this week.

Image
Megalodon
Posts: 18047
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 15,617.32
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote:I dropped Curtis Samuel for him in both of my leagues. Probably a mistake and Samuel goes off this week.

Image

:lol: Thought it was a disappointed Manning at first. He was the only guy I could drop really.