Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,118.68
Cadence calls wrote:It's hard to run lower than Jacobs was running last night.
Some of the Denver DBs were just trying to push him over when they were unable, or unwilling, to take a shot at him.
He looked like a very agile rolling tool box at times.
Hard to tackle that kid

I mentioned after the 1st half he kept getting knocked backwards a lot.

His coaches must have had a little chat with him. He looked way better finishing in the 2nd half.
Chum
Sand$: 58.14
:^o He had a fair number of runs midway/late in the 4th Q when everyone in the stadium knew the run was coming.
He still got 2-3 yards on those. He damn near busted one of them for a huge gainer, if not a TD
I'd discount his seemingly low YPC a bit due to those carries
Sand$: 41,093.13
Gruden says Jacbos is dealing with a groin issue. We'll see if he practices this week.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,493.44
Grudens gonna run Jacobs into the ground, if he can.
He should have one of the highest snap counts in the league, for a RB
Even a middle of the road Raider offense will afford JJ a top 12, RB1 finish.
Nothing spectacular, just steady carries with the occasional swing or screen.
He's money in the bank
Raiders RB Josh Jacobs (groin) said that he's also been sick and has lost 10 pounds.

Not great! Jacobs already faced game-script concerns for the Raiders' Week 3 matchup against the Vikings in Minnesota, and now there's even more risk for reduced snaps due to both his groin injury and sickness. He is best approached as a low-end RB2 in this spot. Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington are expected to continue to get most of the offense's pass-game work and could see additional snaps if Jacobs isn't close to 100% by Sunday. The Raiders are presently implied to score a mediocre 17 points.

not good
Coach Jon Gruden said Monday that, "We've got to get more out of Josh as a receiver."
Agreed. Jacobs was spelled more often than usual Sunday after dealing with a head cold for most of the week, ultimately playing just 25 snaps compared to 29 for Jalen Richard and nine for DeAndre Washington. Still, this has been a problem all season: Jacobs has just three targets compared to six for Richard and two for Washington. Jacobs is set up well to rebound against the Colts in Week 4 if stud LB Darius Leonard (concussion) remains sidelined.

Hopefully
seeing the Raiders worked out Blount

It's only right that he doesn't retire before being a Raider but I'm curious why they brought him in. Maybe just an updating emergency list thing.
since I'm here, any worry of a rookie wall with Jacobs usage? Or is that a myth? The bye feels like it came at a good time and the schedule isn't too daunting.
Sand$: 114,471.06
endzoneview wrote:since I'm here, any worry of a rookie wall with Jacobs usage? Or is that a myth? The bye feels like it came at a good time and the schedule isn't too daunting.

I wouldn't say it's a certainty, but it's up there - last year's 140 touches were the most he's ever accumulated in a season. And he only had double digit touches in 4 of those games. He's currently on pace for more than double that number.

Positive spin - Gruden's not used him as a workhorse back, despite the touch totals he's only net > 54% snaps in 2 of 5 games. If he remains restrained with Jacobs' usage then perhaps he can overcome wall potential.
OarChambo wrote:
endzoneview wrote:since I'm here, any worry of a rookie wall with Jacobs usage? Or is that a myth? The bye feels like it came at a good time and the schedule isn't too daunting.

I wouldn't say it's a certainty, but it's up there - last year's 140 touches were the most he's ever accumulated in a season. And he only had double digit touches in 4 of those games. He's currently on pace for more than double that number.

Positive spin - Gruden's not used him as a workhorse back, despite the touch totals he's only net > 54% snaps in 2 of 5 games. If he remains restrained with Jacobs' usage then perhaps he can overcome wall potential.

yeah, I'm undecided if I should sell high in my redraft. I may start shopping him to see what I can get. Although the positive spin is nice, it probably also caps his upside.

do not like
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,118.68
Oh man. Superbowl bound.
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,655.64
It could be to give Jacobs an occasional breather without loss of temp in Raiders running game. Raiders do not have a 2nd back big or in the Jacobs mould.
R2000 wrote:It could be to give Jacobs an occasional breather without loss of temp in Raiders running game. Raiders do not have a 2nd back big or in the Jacobs mould.

I should have clarified - I love it for real football, I hate it for fantasy
Last night I traded Jacobs and Breida for Le’Veon and Metcalf because I was worried about both of those guys long term ROS.

Ultimate sell high by low? Hopefully. Time will tell.