Chum
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010
Sand$: 121.46
I almost bundled Gordon with Chris Carson in a trade package for Odell Beckham this morning, but swapped out Gordon for John Ross III just before I hit the trade button. The other owner accepted and Gordon remains on my roster along with Kupp, and AJ Green in my IR slot. Looking forward to the week where I will be able to start 2 and flex the 3rd.
Whale Shark
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Sep 3, 2009
Sand$: 23,161.59
jamcutpost wrote:
phixxation wrote:
endzoneview wrote:start him if you got him


Where we ranking him now?

Higher than Antonio Brown?



(Theres a cpl different ways you can unpack that one :wink: )


Lol
Mako Shark
Posts: 539
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004
Sand$: 1,789.77
johndesd wrote:I almost bundled Gordon with Chris Carson in a trade package for Odell Beckham this morning, but swapped out Gordon for John Ross III just before I hit the trade button. The other owner accepted and Gordon remains on my roster along with Kupp, and AJ Green in my IR slot. Looking forward to the week where I will be able to start 2 and flex the 3rd.


I'm in a similar situation, but replace Kupp with Keenan Allen and Juju. I'm looking forward to starting Keenan, Juju, Gordon, and flexing AJ if it ever happens.
Whale Shark
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Sep 3, 2009
Sand$: 23,161.59
Early last week in my 10 teamer I flipped Dede and Damian William's for Gordon. With my extra vacant bench spot scooped up Shady off waivers.

Now...do I start him this week over Godwin

Flex him over A.Jones or Carson (Thinking when we find out the status of Penny, then I'll make my decision.)
Great White Shark
Posts: 2612
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014
Sand$: 2,378.18
If Flash is your WR4 that's good.
I'd rather wr3 or flex a Hardman or DK Metcalf.
AB gone is def a boost though.
Flash On!
Chum
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010
Sand$: 121.46
phixxation wrote:Early last week in my 10 teamer I flipped Dede and Damian William's for Gordon. With my extra vacant bench spot scooped up Shady off waivers.

Now...do I start him this week over Godwin

Flex him over A.Jones or Carson (Thinking when we find out the status of Penny, then I'll make my decision.)
I would start Godwin over Gordon, PPR on non-PPR.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2612
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014
Sand$: 2,378.18
This year, I would never start a flash over a Godwin.
You should know this phixx. Start Godwin and enjoy
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28735
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 78,838.74
Eventually will get on track. Evans pkayed week 1 with the flu, and week 2 was a short week. I would suspect Evans will start turning on.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 48817
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,630.07
So Gordon had a TD week 1, then not much since.

In the past four weeks he's been outscored by Darius Slayton. He's a WR53 over that span, WR45 on the season. (PPR)

Now he's banged up

Hilariously, he remains top 25 in website rankings on a weekly basis.

I'm happy the dude is staying clean and staying in the league but on a fantasy level he's been a huge disappointment.
Megalodon
Posts: 18683
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 19,593.50
endzoneview wrote:So Gordon had a TD week 1, then not much since.

In the past four weeks he's been outscored by Darius Slayton. He's a WR53 over that span, WR45 on the season. (PPR)

Now he's banged up

Hilariously, he remains top 25 in website rankings on a weekly basis.

I'm happy the dude is staying clean and staying in the league but on a fantasy level he's been a huge disappointment.

That's why I never go off website rankings. People give big names too much credit and they're afraid to deviate from the norm or go out on a limb. I wish I could get that job, sheesh.
Moderator
Posts: 56360
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 113,901.82
We all have our misses, but I cannot reconcile how anyone thought taking a shot on this one made sense.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 48817
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,630.07
Actually I think FS had him ranked lower than the big sites. I just look at fantasypros (aggregate) and espn for the heck of it and they always make me giggle.
Megalodon
Posts: 18683
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 19,593.50
I'm a sucker at looking at ESPN rankings too. I usually look at those and the rankings here just to see what talking heads are saying, but ultimately just base my decision on what I know or what some people here recommend.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9125
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 20,069.86
The damn cat is more insightful than the BSPN rankings.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Megalodon
Posts: 18683
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 19,593.50
bluemist wrote:The damn cat is more insightful than the BSPN rankings.

Oh totally. I don't always follow what Lundy says, but he at least doesn't repeat what rankings say and offers some good advice.