Jets DST

Post Reply  
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018
Sand$: 249.04
Once QB comes back, this might be an ok defense down the road - Schedule is nice too

Thoughts ?

EZV ?
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58863
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 24,701.34
I had picked them up on their bye to use the rest of the way, but then managed to get the 9ers.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018
Sand$: 249.04
Elmagister wrote:I had picked them up on their bye to use the rest of the way, but then managed to get the 9ers.


I can nab the 49ers now (different league) - but im looking at the schedule - It's not pretty

edit - im probably overthinking that one
Moderator
Posts: 56360
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 113,901.82
There are some interesting pieces, but the unit is run by Greggggg. And while Darnold may succeed despite him the offense is still run by Gase. They have a nice run of games coming up weeks 9-14, so they could serve as an okay base d but I'd be looking for upgrade possibilities (i.e. ^^^SF) and would definitely have my eyes on week 15 matchups.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 48817
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,630.07
The unit looked great vs the Bills week 1 (yes, but Josh Allen) but as soon as CJ Mosley got hurt, they lost that game and looked lost against the Browns (although they did have 3 sacks but it's Baker). Since this team has zero depth (thanks Mac and Bowles!) any significant injury torpedos them. I like Cashman but he's a 1B and needs a 1A next to him this early in his career.

Unfortunately I haven't watched much (any?) of the last two games.

If Mosely is back and god willing nothing happens to Jamal Adams, this unit could put up points weeks 9-14. This team still has major corner issues but Mosely is the key.

I think the Niners come back down to earth after that first month cake schedule but I wouldn't begrudge anyone taking them over the Jets.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2824
Joined: Thu Sep 7, 2017
Sand$: 6,913.90
I guess it depends on the scoring your league uses for defense, but ehh...

There have to be better options right?

Has the JETS defense really shown you anything that makes you think they will be a top 15 defense? Has the JETS offense, even with Darnold, really shown you anything to make you think they will be a help rather than a hindrance?

I guess if your league has teams carrying multiple defenses maybe you're barrel scrapping, but otherwise, hard for me to see them being worth anything other than a one or two week rental when they play Miami.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018
Sand$: 249.04
Everybody is carrying 2 defense because theyre retarded, so im down to bottom 10 defenses

And I'm carrying BALT currently fml
Moderator
Posts: 56360
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 113,901.82
ubertaco wrote:I guess it depends on the scoring your league uses for defense, but ehh...

There have to be better options right?

Has the JETS defense really shown you anything that makes you think they will be a top 15 defense? Has the JETS offense, even with Darnold, really shown you anything to make you think they will be a help rather than a hindrance?

I guess if your league has teams carrying multiple defenses maybe you're barrel scrapping, but otherwise, hard for me to see them being worth anything other than a one or two week rental when they play Miami.

Not since Mosley was injured, but like ezv just said the core pieces are there (both sides of the ball) - just no depth.

You don't need to add them now, but put them on the radar for a potential add later this month. We're not to the carrying 2 defenses portion of the season, but it is coming up in the near future.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 48817
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,630.07
Vision wrote:Everybody is carrying 2 defense because theyre retarded, so im down to bottom 10 defenses

And I'm carrying BALT currently fml


I'm in the same boat. Carrying a disappointing Ravens def and trying to look ahead.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018
Sand$: 249.04
not bad, not bad - looking up
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 48817
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,630.07
Jamal Adams is so much fun to watch

Cashman had a good game. Quinnen was causing all kinds of disruption. That entire D-line played well.

If Mosely isn't back this week for the Pats game (hopefully is), he should definitely be back the following week for the cake part of the schedule.

Still, with that said, I just don't know if this unit is going to generate sacks on a regular basis for those easy DST points.