2019 Dynasty Trade Talk

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,877.46
ubertaco wrote:
Are they really jewels though? None of those RBs has been greatly effective because the oline play has been poor. Gurley isn't going anywhere either (risk of injury aside), so you're looking at Henderson/Brown as what? You really want to own both sides of a handcuff for a guy who's still likely to be getting 50-75% of the snaps?

Sanders is in a better situation than Henderson I think. He's more likely to replace Howard than Henderson is to replace Gurley as the lead back. But, talent wise? I don't know that either guy is particularly great and could see both Rams and Eagles looking for RB in the next 2-3 drafts anyway.

So to me the question is just if you think Henderson is a rare talent or not. I don't, I mean he's fine, but he seems unlikely to supplant Gurley and then become something close to what Gurley was, even if the Rams fix their oline issues. I don't think Sanders is a great talent either, but there's no one really important in front of him, so either he passes Howard on the depth chart eventually, or the Eagles just move Howard somewhere else anyway.

I just thought of a question in light of this, mainly playing devil’s advocate. You noted that you don’t think Gurley is going anywhere. Is that a safe assumption? Yeah, that’s a burden cap wise for someone, but maybe they know more than anyone else and that’s another reason he’s been limited over the course of the season. If he’s gone, doesn’t that change things?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,233.10
Just had an offer for Michael Thomas.

He gets Thomas, I get his 1st round pick (which will probably be in the 4-7 range, no way it will be better than 3).

I didn't really counter because I'm not that interested in moving Thomas anyway, but what kind of draft capital value would you attach to Thomas?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,286.76
Three 1sts is where we start talking with Michael Thomas. Or appropriate player(s) coming back in return.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,233.10
Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at.

What kind of capital would you attach to Beckham? I'd much more happily part with him.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,286.76
I traded Gollady and Kerryon for him in the offseason. I think he (and Baker) bounce back next year. For me, he's a hold because I'm not going to get "fair" value, But to be honest, I'm not sure what fair value for him is right now.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,477.54
Elmagister wrote:I traded Gollady and Kerryon for him in the offseason. I think he (and Baker) bounce back next year. For me, he's a hold because I'm not going to get "fair" value, But to be honest, I'm not sure what fair value for him is right now.

Agree. Tough time to sell. Not a bad time to buy. Value is too up in the air. I’d hold him.
Edit: if you target a 2020 wr w a landing spot you like, it might be worthwhile to move him next summer for a 1st rd pick, plus. Values would be clearer and you’d have the benefit of post nfl draft sight.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,818.64
12 Team PPR

Team A gets Ertz, Curtis Samuel

Team B gets Conner, Fitzgerald
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,058.00
Bigmattk23 wrote:12 Team PPR

Team A gets Ertz, Curtis Samuel

Team B gets Conner, Fitzgerald

I don't play dynasty, but looking at it from the long view...

Fitzgerald is retiring after this year.
Conner has most value but seems to be oft-injured. Probably highest value in the trade though.
Ertz looks old and slow this year. Eagles have Goedert also who was a 1st-round pick. Probably looking to cut or change his pay next season, but should remain serviceable wherever. As a re-draft owner, I wish I hadn't taken him this year.
Curtis Samuel looks promising as a gadget/short-yardage type of WR.

I guess I'll buy the upside of Team B due to Conner and possible RB1.
However, you have to do it knowing Fitzgerald is already dust this season and retires next. Would you do Ertz + Samuel for Conner? Probably still favors the Conner side.

Just my $.02.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,384.08
If I owned Samuel I wouldn’t take Conner and Fitz for him.

Conner is Spencer Ware 2.0. Samuel is going to be special, I think.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Sand$: 114,376.66
SJSwarm wrote:If I owned Samuel I wouldn’t take Conner and Fitz for him.

I think Conner is a nudge better than that, but this is about where I am. The most important thing is I expect Pittsbutgh to add a meaningful back in April. So even if Conner is a good back his workload is still getting neutered. If there is a short yardage/gadget player anywhere in this equation it's Jaylen Samuels; not Curtis Samuel.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,074.44
OarChambo wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:If I owned Samuel I wouldn’t take Conner and Fitz for him.

I think Conner is a nudge better than that, but this is about where I am. The most important thing is I expect Pittsbutgh to add a meaningful back in April. So even if Conner is a good back his workload is still getting neutered. If there is a short yardage/gadget player anywhere in this equation it's Jaylen Samuels; not Curtis Samuel.

Ya I agree with, this the second year tge steelers gave tried a rotation and its not going to well.
Megalodon
Sand$: 63,529.70
ubertaco wrote:Just had an offer for Michael Thomas.

He gets Thomas, I get his 1st round pick (which will probably be in the 4-7 range, no way it will be better than 3).

I didn't really counter because I'm not that interested in moving Thomas anyway, but what kind of draft capital value would you attach to Thomas?

A lot more than that!

Elmagister wrote:Three 1sts is where we start talking with Michael Thomas. Or appropriate player(s) coming back in return.

I agree, and if nobody will pay that price, I'll keep him. A top 5 RB/WR is better than three firsts unless two are 1.01 picks. You get burned chasing prospects when best case they end up being less productive than the stud you trade.

Megalodon
Sand$: 63,529.70
ubertaco wrote:Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at.

What kind of capital would you attach to Beckham? I'd much more happily part with him.

Beckham, on the other hand, is one of those guys that you keep because his upside is greater than anyone will pay for him, but he may end up not returning to his former glory. He used to be worth three firsts, but now I'd consider two good firsts or solid players -- he isn't quite in the Tier 1 of WRs until he proves himself again.