Megalodon
Sand$: 52,058.00
BG3eb wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Whiz fired and Lynn is the old RB's coach.
Why haven't they figured out to get both Ekeler and Gordon on the field at the same time? Man, these guys are just not good at their jobs. I don't get it.

Gotta imagine Lynn gets them both on the field at the same time, which might be good for both guys.

I’m pretty sure they’re implementing looks where both are on the field. It’s just that Gordon is seeing the field more on running plays, when he’s clearly not delivering on those touches.
The last couple games I watched, I saw very little (can't absolutely say it was 0) plays where both Gordon and Ekeler were on the field together. I also noticed multiple times they had Gordon in and he ran a pass route and Rivers didn't look his way when he was open. Compared to Ekeler who Rivers always seems to look for when he's in there. That might be on Rivers more than the play-calling though.

Nobody on the team is delivering on their rushing touches because their O-Line is trash. Maybe Russell Okung coming back will help.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,877.46
They were both above 50 percent in terms of percentage of snaps played this week so they’re rolling them both out together at times. The issue is, it’s not enough if they’re this stubborn.

Just look at Green Bay, Philadelphia, and maybe another team or two. They’re able to figure out how to functionally run two backs out functionally and rationally.

Chargers always be charging.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 280.66
So the oline is a mess thats a fact.
With the coaching change how do you see it impacting Melvin Gordon? I feel like they are feeding him to get him going to boost trade value at least till now. Does that change or stay the course?

Rodgers/K Allen
McCaffrey/Lindsay Philips/Melvin Gordon/
Ty Johnson
D Adams/Z Pascal/Erickson
/Dk Metcalf/Mc Laurin Te Waller/
K Zuerlein D San Fran/Steelers
HammerHead Shark
The OC is gone and I’m assuming Lynn is taking over more of that. He said Gordon is their starter when he came back, and Lynn is a former RB. I imagine this is relatively bad news in terms of Ekeler having upside as a runner in the backfield. Probably remains to hold on this current course for the remainder of the year, so hopefully Ekeler makes the most of his receptions.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,384.08
Lynn is coaching for his job. If he wants to be fired, he’ll give Gordon the majority of the snaps. A blind man can see that Ekeler is the better fit for this offense, and they don’t have the OL talent for Gordon’s style to work.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,477.54
Pretty much what swarm said.
Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:Lynn is coaching for his job. If he wants to be fired, he’ll give Gordon the majority of the snaps. A blind man can see that Ekeler is the better fit for this offense, and they don’t have the OL talent for Gordon’s style to work.
Again, this isn't rocket science. They should get both players on the field and use them both to catch passes and to run the ball so it isn't obvious.

Neither RB is getting much on the ground because their line hasn't been playing well. Gordon had a nice run last week though. Ekeler hasn't been getting anything rushing either, Rivers just looks his way as a relief option out of the backfield more than Gordon. Though that was pretty lame a couple of games ago where they couldn't punch it in, Gordon should have just jumped over the pile.
Leopard Shark
SJSwarm wrote:Lynn is coaching for his job. If he wants to be fired, he’ll give Gordon the majority of the snaps. A blind man can see that Ekeler is the better fit for this offense, and they don’t have the OL talent for Gordon’s style to work.

Welp no wonder this thread hasn’t been commented on in a couple days lol

Rodgers/K Allen
Ty Johnson
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,233.10
Takes2toTango wrote:

Welp no wonder this thread hasn’t been commented on in a couple days lol

He's not really wrong though. Just that one decent game (which was mostly about 2 1 yard plunges to the end zone) shouldn't remove the concerns about Gordons (and Ecklers) production over the past 4 weeks.

However, this is the Chargers, they can be a very streaky team. It would not really surprise me if they go on a 3 or 4 game winning streak and look good in the process.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,625.72
I won this passed weekend cause I started just about every Charger I could, MG+EKELER+MIKE Williams and Hunter Henry they combined got me 68.9 points. Lamar and surprisingly Zach Pascal did the rest, OBJ was my lowest scorer, go figure.

Whatever this new OC is doing I'm rolling with it.
Leopard Shark
Packers run D is pretty suspect but the new offensive coordinator called his number and those plays. I see it as much like the guys who didn’t play at all pre season. Like Rodgers it took him a few games to adjust especially to a new offense. All a rb has to do is bang reps and get the redzone looks. I definitely wasn’t expecting him to be top 5 last week. But with CMC, Lindsey, Metcalf and Gordon going off I rolled. With Rodgers, Waller and san fran D scoring low. If everyone hits on the same week woot

Rodgers/K Allen
Ty Johnson
Megalodon
Sand$: 63,529.70
Gordon had a solid game this week, albeit in a losing effort.

22 rushes for 108 yards (4.9 average) and a TD, 1 catch for 25 yards.

Ekeler had 6 rushes for 19 yards (3.2 average), 2 catches for 29 yards and a TD.

This is more what I expect from Gordon going forward, 80-110 yards and a TD, but OAK may have just been an easy rush defense. We'll see.
Megalodon
Cyguy84 wrote:Gordon had a solid game this week, albeit in a losing effort.

22 rushes for 108 yards (4.9 average) and a TD, 1 catch for 25 yards.

Ekeler had 6 rushes for 19 yards (3.2 average), 2 catches for 29 yards and a TD.

This is more what I expect from Gordon going forward, 80-110 yards and a TD, but OAK may have just been an easy rush defense. We'll see.
Gordon looked good last week.
Last night, Gordon looked like the best player on the field, IMO.
Ekeler looked fine, but far from dynamic like MGIII. Smooth receiving as usual.
SD still doesn't appear to know how to use both players together and deceive their plays better. If Ekeler is in, there's about an 80% chance the play is a pass.

Philip Rivers was complete trash and Gordon still dominated, so that was great to see.
HammerHead Shark
It seemed unlikely at the point of his return, but it could be crazy if Gordon played himself into a spot where the Chargers don’t want to let him go. That’d stink for those holding out hope for Ekeler to really break out next season.
Megalodon
Sand$: 63,529.70
BG3eb wrote:It seemed unlikely at the point of his return, but it could be crazy if Gordon played himself into a spot where the Chargers don’t want to let him go. That’d stink for those holding out hope for Ekeler to really break out next season.

I don't get the Ekeler love, myself. I wouldn't hold out hope of a breakout next year. I think that he is what he is, and the Chargers know that and will either sign Gordon or draft a RB and Ekeler will be in a full time RBBC.

But that's just my take on it.