Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,075.42
I don't think my son thought it was sissykick when he took a ball to the face from 15 feet away. Dunno how he kept going immediately. And he DEFINITELY didn't think it was sissykick when he took a similar ball to the testicles. He most assuredly did NOT keep going so immediately.

Hell. I played goalie for him practicing as a senior for precisely 1 save. That ball is hard....and fast off the foot.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,706.22
Soccer is the most exhausting activity a human being can partake in outside of mass genocide.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,233.10
TheJayCutlers wrote:Soccer is the most exhausting activity a human being can partake in outside of mass genocide.

Actually watching sissykick is the most exhausting activity.

Close 2nd is trolling people by calling it sissykick ;)
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,928.20
Dunno, I might have to read it again, but I think Ubertaco may be carrying some sort of subjective bias that is leading him to dumbassery. Not sure.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,119.28
ubertaco wrote:
wmharley wrote:
ubertaco wrote:We're talking about football, not sissykick, they can schedule their games on some play lot somewhere.

2015 SB NEP vs SEA, largest superbowl ever with 114.4M viewers in US and 30-50M internationally.
2014 World Cup - 1Billion + watched Germany beat Argentina.

yeah.. I don't think the NFL is in a position to dictate to the EPL and FIFA. EPL games are sold out. NFL games? not according to the reports of many half filled stadiums.

If the NFL was so great in europe, I'm sure WLAF/NFLEurope/NFLEuropa would have been a better success than the 17,000 average attendance they had.

Well when Germany and Argentina are going to share the stadium we can revisit the discussion I guess.

Look, I know that sissykick is a popular pastime for inbred hooligans to get drunk and start riots, but we're talking about the NFL. First of all, no way they are making any concessions (which if I take off my 'being an asshat hat' means this move isn't happening anyway), and second of all why should they? The argument would have to be (and we know how NFL owners operate) that the NFL gets top billing and all the concessions are made to accommodate it's product.

Which, asshat hat off again, means this specific scenario isn't going to happen because neither side is going to agree to it.
Which was my point that Tottenham isn't going to bend to the NFL, as soccer is bigger over there. NFL Europe averaged half the attendance of an average EPL game. And I'm glad they won't bend to the NFL. travel would suck.
Great White Shark
In fairness to NFL Europe, it wasn't 'the NFL'.

Using attendance numbers from those games isn't particularly relevant. An actual NFL team would draw better than the London Monarchs. At least initially. Would they draw better than some random sissykick team?

Probably not, they would need their own stadium though, or at least be the primary team in whatever stadium they played in.

It's not happening anyway, for more important reasons than just stadium availability.
Chum
Sand$: 75.80
Taking shots at soccer - look out those days are gone boys - legit game - ballers, fun to watch, done in 90 minutes, well packaged. keeper saves are some of best highlights, men and women watch it and play and its good in to watch in both genders

NFL wont be able to put a team there - travel logistics - they should run training camps and a slate of preseason games or a developmental league in soccer off season which is months leading up to nfl training camps
Great White Shark
That's just like your opinion man.

I can think of an infinite number of things I would rather do than spend 90 minutes watching sissykick.

The exception being when Germany and Argentina play each other, because, yeah, apparently that's the pinnacle of sissykick matches?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 24,067.64
ubertaco wrote:That's just like your opinion man.

I can think of an infinite number of things I would rather do than spend 90 minutes watching sissykick.

The exception being when Germany and Argentina play each other, because, yeah, apparently that's the pinnacle of sissykick matches?

I like it when they grab their leg and collapse like they've been sniped by a 30.06 and writhe on the pitch in holy agony, and when they don't draw a penalty get up and trot on.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,368.19
hawkdogger wrote:
ubertaco wrote:That's just like your opinion man.

I like it when they grab their leg and collapse like they've been sniped by a 30.06 and writhe on the pitch in holy agony, and when they don't draw a penalty get up and trot on.

Yes.... lol. Soccer is the worst. I played hockey my whole life and watch it religiously... dudes will literally get their teeth knocked out... get them picked up with a shovel... not miss a shift. Soccer? Ya well that guy almost touched me... Aaarrrgggghhhh! It’s actually embarrassing to watch. Most of the players are 50 yards from the play walking... tied for the most boring sport to watch with baseball.... never heard it called sissy kick before but that’s my new name for it... thanks

Follow me on Tumblr http://jd666.tumblr.com
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,232.54
If we don't get a sissykick forum......

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Megalodon
Sand$: 134,954.57
viewforum.php?f=48

Be the first to post in almost 2 years.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,074.44
TheJayCutlers wrote:Soccer is the most exhausting activity a human being can partake in outside of mass genocide.

You of all all people would enjoy it, you need someone to explain the the game. Not just the rules, but the game.
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:

You of all all people would enjoy it, you need someone to explain the the game. Not just the rules, but the game.

I meant playing soccer, not watching.

I love soccer.
Great White Shark
And it's a quote from Dogma.