Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,513.13
Someday, when I am king, I look forward to eliminating not only kickers but DSTs from my FF leagues. Every year I bring it up, and it goes all of nowhere. I had thought more would feel like I do.

Since it is a necessary evil for most of us, who are your set and forgets? This is something I'm hoping I find each year. Sure I can stream these guys, but when 8-10 other teams in my leagues have the same plan, it works less well.

At DST, if you have the Patriots, you'll hold onto them. I have the 49ers, and felt smug about it early, but less so after playing Arizona last week. Baltimore and especially Pittsburgh seem to be coming on strong. I find team defense pretty random -- some teams get more sacks and turnovers, but DTDs are a flash and pretty random play. In my main league, weekly DST scoring has ranged from 0-30 points, which can change a game.

Kicker is probably more maligned. Justin Tucker is a guy you'll hold onto -- he kicked 7 XPs yesterday. I have Greg Zuerlein, and feel less smug about that. I think the ideal is a dome kicker with a big leg -- Matt Prater, for example. Otherwise I don't know who I'd feel luck to plug in and roll with.

FF seems to require skill and knowledge, but a great deal of it is random crap, with kickers and DST leading the way. And maybe I can eliminate TE too...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,222.82
Butker has been pretty great for my K/D team.
Megalodon
Sand$: 9,926.56
One of my homer leagues has no DST, but still requires a K. I like it.

Gilgamesh wrote:FF seems to require skill and knowledge, but a great deal of it is random crap, with kickers and DST leading the way. And maybe I can eliminate TE too...

Luck plays a bigger part in FF than most will admit. Knowledge and skill...visiting places like The Tank for advice...preparation for a draft...etc: no doubt all this increases your chances of not finishing last, or even making the playoffs. But the luck factor is strong, and the season still has to play out. I've seen plenty of auto-drafted teams win titles. Eliminating unstable positions, like TE/K/DST, is not the answer. You're better off seeking out a non-draft, salary-capped, weekly lineup submission league. Where the playing field is level every week
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,959.30
Skill and knowledge can give you a slight edge in the long run, but week to week it's almost 100% luck.
Sand$: 41,723.33
I’ve been running Steelers and Prater after their byes and don’t plan on changing
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,132.10
Have SF but don’t feel they are set and forget. Tonight will tell us a lot....

Buffalo and Philadelphia are good DST’s that have decent schedules ROS

Buttker is my Kicker that I will hold thru the bye

Other league I have Maher he’s been inconsistent

QB: Wentz/Allen RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pllrd, Mattsn, Shady
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Miller; TE: Cook
K: Butt DEF: KC/MIN
--
QB: Russ RB: Cook, Carsn, Sgtry, Snell, Hunt
WR: Julio, Godwin, J.Brown, AJ, TE: Hig
K: Fairbarn DEF: SF/PHI
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,852.24
Set it and [mostly] forget it, I typically accomplish through a kicker on a high scoring offense with a late bye.

This year's targets were Butker and Lutz.

Defense? Apparently there's no such thing. Defenses fade into oblivion from one year to the next (Bears, Panthers), and come out of virtually nowhere (Pats).
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,163.36
ross3650 wrote:Set it and [mostly] forget it, I typically accomplish through a kicker on a high scoring offense with a late bye.

Defense? Apparently there's no such thing. Defenses fade into oblivion from one year to the next (Bears, Panthers), and come out of virtually nowhere (Pats).

Pats I've usually had as my defense many years. This yr I targeted them, but was beat to the pick. Considering their division, they aren't coming out of nowhere. They are an above average team each year at a minimum, with a fairly high floor. they are what you call a safe bet, unlike plugging in a NE RB each week. :D

I'd rather dump a K, before a DEF. From what I see, you have a few high scorers, but its a crapshoot trying to find one consistent.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,163.36
endzoneview wrote:I’ve been running Steelers and Prater after their byes and don’t plan on changing

Yeah, after Minkah came over, and they did well those first 2 weeks, looking at their schedule, that was a no brainer to pick up.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,436.02
For kickers, at my last draft pick I get someone who is on a good passing offense. By week 4 or so, I usually swap this guy out for whoever is the hot guy on the waiver wire. This year it was Zane Gonzalez (whoever the hell that is) and I've been rolling with him ever since.

For DST I always stream. Unless you get lucky or have ESP and can draft the stud defense of the year (I think Patriots were not even a top 10 consensus this year), I'm always better playing matchups off the waiver wire. By week 4 or 5 you usually have a good idea of the offenses that suck/turnover prone (e.g. Dolphins, Jets, Bengals) and can almost always find someone on waivers to plug in.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,176.44
wmharley wrote:
ross3650 wrote:Set it and [mostly] forget it, I typically accomplish through a kicker on a high scoring offense with a late bye.

Pats I've usually had as my defense many years. This yr I targeted them, but was beat to the pick. Considering their division, they aren't coming out of nowhere. They are an above average team each year at a minimum, with a fairly high floor. they are what you call a safe bet, unlike plugging in a NE RB each week. :D

I'd rather dump a K, before a DEF. From what I see, you have a few high scorers, but its a crapshoot trying to find one consistent.

Pats are usually a good real life defense. Lower 3rd fantasy defense.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,602.16
endzoneview wrote:I’ve been running Steelers and Prater after their byes and don’t plan on changing

Somehow got Pitt in our K/DST league. I’m very good with that rest of way.
Streaming in my other redrafts, mostly with poor luck. Finally hit with Indy this week.
Also on Prater, like EZV. The bonus points for +50 FG in most leagues is nice, plus zero running game for DET.
Megalodon
Sand$: 133,869.93
I usually try to draft a K that has a late bye week so I can put off making a move as long as possible. This year that resulted in me having Butker almost everywhere.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,132.10
49ers looking like set it and forget — at least at home

QB: Wentz/Allen RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pllrd, Mattsn, Shady
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Miller; TE: Cook
K: Butt DEF: KC/MIN
--
QB: Russ RB: Cook, Carsn, Sgtry, Snell, Hunt
WR: Julio, Godwin, J.Brown, AJ, TE: Hig
K: Fairbarn DEF: SF/PHI
Megalodon
Sand$: 47,807.27
I usually draft a kicker with an early bye. Make that move early and get it out of the way and then hope to pick up a top guy after he's dropped.
Last edited by Apes on Tue 11.12.2019, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.