Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,742.86
I have both Pats and Rams defense

Worth holding onto both?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,777.79
Apes wrote:I usually draft a kicker with an early bye. Make that move early and get it out of the way and then hope to pick up a top guy after he's dropped.

I often do the opposite - draft a kicker with a late bye, then scoop up anyone good of waivers who already had their bye. There are a lot of managers who will never carry two Ks at once, or who never really try to upgrade from a famous name, so you'll always find some good Ks on the wire.

I think PIT and SF are set-and-forget DSTs at this point. NE feels fairly safe, too, despite their schedule ramping up. In leagues like default Yahoo, the top DSTs of the week outscore top-10 RBs/WRs - so I think it's always worth drafting a good DST and then adding a hot tandem option that emerges in the early weeks. (In 2019, for example, that meant NE almost immediately, SF coming off their early bye, or PIT after the Minkah trade.)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,158.00
I agree that SF is hard to sit, but they do have some very tough matchups on the road.

SF DST
Week 11 v AZ
Week 12 v GB
Week 13 @BAL
Week 14 @NO
Week 15 v ATL
Week 16 v LAR

Currently looking at teams on the wire with favorable week 13 & 14 and I think I may have found the perfect complement:

PHI DST
Week 13 @ MIA
Week 14 vs. NYG
Week 15 @ WAS

QB: Wentz/Allen RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pllrd, Mattsn, Shady
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Miller; TE: Cook
K: Butt DEF: KC/MIN
--
QB: Russ RB: Cook, Carsn, Sgtry, Snell, Hunt
WR: Julio, Godwin, J.Brown, AJ, TE: Hig
K: Fairbarn DEF: SF/PHI
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,190.46
I can't believe people are talking about sitting SF or NE defense.

If you're trying to play max-points defense then you're a fool. Defenses are a crapshoot. You always want to go with the lowest-floor defense.

ASYS on defense. If you have SF or NE you start them because they have high floors. They will generate sacks/turnovers.

Fortunately I held steady on PIT defense (even started them last week), so they're my set and forget through playoffs with their schedule.
Last edited by jnadke on Wed 11.13.2019, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Sand$: 41,938.87
Well the schedule gets tougher for both so I understand the trepidation but both defenses are for real.

As is Pitt
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,220.58
jnadke wrote:I can't believe people are talking about sitting SF or NE defense.

If you're trying to play max-points defense then you're a fool. Defenses are a crapshoot. You always want to go with the lowest-floor defense.

ASYS on defense. If you have SF or NE you start them because they have low floors. They will generate sacks/turnovers.

Fortunately I held steady on PIT defense (even started them last week), so they're my set and forget through playoffs with their schedule.

High floors.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,544.62
"Defenses are a crap shoot. Also, always start them, no matter what."

San Fran has a low floor. They just displayed it against AZ. I sat them for the Rams and broke even. I have no problem playing matchups.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:"Defenses are a crap shoot. Also, always start them, no matter what."

San Fran has a low floor. They just displayed it against AZ. I sat them for the Rams and broke even. I have no problem playing matchups.

Exactly. Matchups are huge this time of year! Playoffs / playoff seeds & many one and done situations

@Ravens is a tough matchup for 49ers
@Saints was a tough matchup — before the Falcons blew that up.

I’m exploring other exploitable matchups

--
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 441.38
Pittsburgh D and Matt Gay are my set and forget.

Stafford Winston

Shady,Hunt,CJ Anderson,Kelley,Smallwood

Jordy,Keenan,Parker, Agholor

Reed,Kittle

A kicker A Defense
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,080.14
bowwhizzle wrote:I have both Pats and Rams defense

Worth holding onto both?

I picked up the Rams a couple weeks ago. Even when losing or giving up points they tend to score for FF. Their upcoming schedule is not unappealing and they've already had their BYE.. I'm pretty much setting and forgetting unless they suddenly fall apart.

I still have no clue why I passed over NE for Denver in my draft. I think it was FF hubris that I was going to get something nobody else thought of.. For good reason as it turns out.

Since NE already had their BYE I wouldn't see any reason to carry 2 D's unless you have a deep bench and are set everywhere else

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 397.92
I'm rolling with NE (hoping I can endure the next four weeks of bad matchups) and Lutz. Aside from Week11 @ TB, Lutz's next four games are in a dome.
Megalodon
Sand$: 47,814.17
big_alv77 wrote:I'm rolling with NE (hoping I can endure the next four weeks of bad matchups) and Lutz. Aside from Week11 @ TB, Lutz's next four games are in a dome.

Yes to NE. The week 2-7 schedule made them an obvious target preseason, and weeks 1 and 8 were a bonus. At this point, I'm in position to survive a few bad matchups leading up to Cincy and Buffalo in the playoffs (although Buff isn't that special. I may look somewhere else week 16).
Great White Shark
Pittsburgh DST has 1 point tonight. Even in what many would think was a good matchup.
So what does this mean?

- Defenses tend to play better at Home
- Divisional Games are a wildcard
- Matchups are important
- There are very few set it and forget it DST’s.

--
Sand$: 41,938.87
People are going to shy away from starting them when they play the Browns in a couple weeks but they’ll go off for 20 pts that game

I’m starting them the rest of the year. This one bad week isn’t going to scare me off
Great White Shark
endzoneview wrote:People are going to shy away from starting them when they play the Browns in a couple weeks but they’ll go off for 20 pts that game

I’m starting them the rest of the year. This one bad week isn’t going to scare me off

I would start them too. They’ll be at home in a revenge game from that absolute trash dirty TNF game.

--