Kaepernick Workout

Post Reply  
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 59962
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 26,219.06
NautArch wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:
NautArch wrote:Not a ding against you, hawk, but hasn't it been clearly established that there were functional and large differences?


I couldn't say.

I'm sure some say there are, and some say not.


Fair enough - i haven't seen the 'nots', but have seen several reportings of yes.

The fact that there is confusion is a great reason for him to not sign it last minute.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21526
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$: 44,094.36
I don't think anyone has seen the waiver that Kaepernick was asked to sign, we only have what they say was in there.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4907
Joined: Wed Sep 7, 2011
Sand$: 8,290.75
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8653
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005
Sand$: 6,555.15
und2006 wrote:I don't think anyone has seen the waiver that Kaepernick was asked to sign, we only have what they say was in there.


I think it’s in the link on the last page along with the one the Bears use as standard... different formats but they both have similar language around the issue of employment.... there’s more stuff in the league one but legal counsel has been retained (Hawk) to review and advise....
_______________________________________

Follow me on Tumblr http://jd666.tumblr.com
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7051
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 24,239.34
NautArch wrote:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/18/standard-tryout-waiver-is-much-more-narrow-than-the-waiver-the-nfl-sent-to-colin-kaepernick/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... aepernick/



I don't see a standard waiver to compare.
But I don't see anything odd in the one they offered Kap. It's clearly intended to waive liability from the workout itself, ie hurting your knee or something, not liability for not being hired after the workout or for not being hired before the workout.

I don't see anything nefarious or crazy overbroad.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8653
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005
Sand$: 6,555.15
hawkdogger wrote:
NautArch wrote:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/18/standard-tryout-waiver-is-much-more-narrow-than-the-waiver-the-nfl-sent-to-colin-kaepernick/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... aepernick/



I don't see a standard waiver to compare.
But I don't see anything odd in the one they offered Kap. It's clearly intended to waive liability from the workout itself, ie hurting your knee or something, not liability for not being hired after the workout or for not being hired before the workout.

I don't see anything nefarious or crazy overbroad.


This is the one they posted that the Bears use

Image
_______________________________________

Follow me on Tumblr http://jd666.tumblr.com
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7051
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 24,239.34
I think the waiver provisions do the same thing.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8653
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005
Sand$: 6,555.15
hawkdogger wrote:I think the waiver provisions do the same thing.


That’s what I thought. But I haven’t been called to the bar. Thanks for your insight.
_______________________________________

Follow me on Tumblr http://jd666.tumblr.com
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Image
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 59962
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 26,219.06
hawkdogger wrote:I think the waiver provisions do the same thing.

But, as a lawyer, if that were sprung on your client at literally the last minute, would you advise him to sign it? Or would you want time to review it more closely?
Leopard Shark
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 5, 2012
Sand$: 294.34
Oh look Stafford is out again and probably for ROS looks like I called that one
_______________________________________

Rodgers/Mustache
McCaffrey/Lindsay Philips/Melvin Gordon/
Mostert
D Adams/Slayton/A Miller
/Dk Metcalf
Te Waller/Hollister
K Gould D San Fran/Steelers
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 71480
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 312,528.87
He might as well sit out. They ain’t making playoffs.

Fire up Driskel lol
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4907
Joined: Wed Sep 7, 2011
Sand$: 8,290.75
Budmonsan wrote:
Fire up Driskel lol


Said no one.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7051
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 24,239.34
Elmagister wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:I think the waiver provisions do the same thing.

But, as a lawyer, if that were sprung on your client at literally the last minute, would you advise him to sign it? Or would you want time to review it more closely?


It literally took me two minutes to analyze it.
It’s very standard.
I’d look at it first then say it’s ok or not.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 59962
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 26,219.06
hawkdogger wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:I think the waiver provisions do the same thing.

But, as a lawyer, if that were sprung on your client at literally the last minute, would you advise him to sign it? Or would you want time to review it more closely?


It literally took me two minutes to analyze it.
It’s very standard.
I’d look at it first then say it’s ok or not.

Sure, because you have nothing at stake.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2751
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014
Sand$: 2,604.26
I’m just glad that this NFL/Kaep kabuki is so inclusive of everyone.
You’ve got the radical lefty who has roots in both sides of the racial conundrum. He’s fighting the good fight, brother! Putting his MILLIONS to proper use.

And the establishmentarian and oppressive patriarchal Ownership. It’s like we are in the 1830’s!

And introducing!!! The rap guru who came out of the streets, worked his hustle, became a billionaire, and now rubs elbows with The Man.

All this is doing is stirring the pot. All 3 entities get exposure.
It’s genius, and divisive.