Gardner "The Stache" Minshew

Megalodon
Sand$: 20,910.86
SnakeStabler wrote:Foles is out. Minshew is back in. They should of done that a couple games ago. I don't know anything about Foles's contract, but clearly they paid too much.

50M guaranteed, 88M total (which he won't see).

The FO backed themselves into a corner. It was either ride out Minshew and admit they made a mistake with a 6th round QB outperforming their golden child or ride out Foles and pray he can do well. The latter gave them a shot at redeeming themselves (at the expense of disrupting momentum and losing games) whereas the former didn't.

Foles may not be healthy but either way he isn't that guy that comes in and elevates your offense or extends drives (like Minshew) that they hoped he thought he was. He is a great backup that can play to the level of those around him. He wasn't worth the contract and was put into a terrible situation.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 128,127.74
Markulous wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:Foles is out. Minshew is back in. They should of done that a couple games ago. I don't know anything about Foles's contract, but clearly they paid too much.

The FO backed themselves into a corner. It was either ride out Minshew and admit they made a mistake with a 6th round QB outperforming their golden child or ride out Foles and pray he can do well. The latter gave them a shot at redeeming themselves (at the expense of disrupting momentum and losing games) whereas the former didn't.

Foles may not be healthy but either way he isn't that guy that comes in and elevates your offense or extends drives (like Minshew) that they hoped he thought he was. He is a great backup that can play to the level of those around him. He wasn't worth the contract and was put into a terrible situation.

Wow that's insane money. I realize he won a SB for the Eagles, but I think its pretty clear he isn't that guy anymore. As a Fournette owner in the playoffs, I am happy they are going back to Minshew.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,287.09
SnakeStabler wrote:
Markulous wrote:

Wow that's insane money. I realize he won a SB for the Eagles, but I think its pretty clear he isn't that guy anymore. As a Fournette owner in the playoffs, I am happy they are going back to Minshew.

He wasn't that guy then, either. He stepped up when he needed to for the eagles, but he never was a great quarterback. One hit wonder that the jags paid for.

Glad he got paid, tho.
Megalodon

Ngakoue is the only guy we really need to extend next year (who has a larger contract). That can space can easily be cleared up by just moving on from Calais. Maybe they do just decide to say screw it and take the cap hit rather than give up equity. There's no pressure on the new staff to get into the playoffs next year, so the draft picks are worth more than the cap space.
Megalodon

Just shut up Coughlin, you're terrible at your job.
SandShark
Sand$: 144.62
Just picked up The Stache as my backup to LJax. His week 15 and 16 matchups were too good to pass up.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,088.30
tdinbr wrote:Just picked up The Stache as my backup to LJax. His week 15 and 16 matchups were too good to pass up.

Same, I picked up both Fitzpatrick and Stache to go with LJax (2QB 10 team league).
SandShark
Sand$: 144.62
jnadke wrote:
tdinbr wrote:Just picked up The Stache as my backup to LJax. His week 15 and 16 matchups were too good to pass up.

Same, I picked up both Fitzpatrick and Stache to go with LJax (2QB 10 team league).

Definitely considered Fitzmagic as well, but liked JAX matchups better
Megalodon
I want to pick him up but I have Wentz and Cousins on my team, so no real room for him.
Sand$: 41,706.09
I'm doubling down on Minshew and Fitzpatrick in K/DEF

Championship!