Unethical trade?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 128,647.32
prplhz14 wrote:
Renegade wrote:If the brother that made the playoffs wins any prize money, don't pay it and say it's the league fine for acting a fool. Then redistribute it to the other league members (minus the other brother, of course)

or, and im just spit balling here.....redistribute it to me.

:lol:

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Chum
Sand$: 13.48
Glad you got it sorted out. No need for people to cheat the system like that.

This is another example of the importance of a strong league constitution. Your rules should be provided to every owner at least one time (i.e. when they join) by email and keep a copy of that. I understand that the deadline was not entered in this year's league set-up due to oversight, but if your rules stated something like "the trade deadline will always be after the week 10 games," then that would have given the current commissioner the authority to adjust the deadline on the website even after the season started - or even now to block the trade - without having to rely on a league vote.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,186.74
sandman97 wrote:Glad you got it sorted out. No need for people to cheat the system like that.

This is another example of the importance of a strong league constitution. Your rules should be provided to every owner at least one time (i.e. when they join) by email and keep a copy of that. I understand that the deadline was not entered in this year's league set-up due to oversight, but if your rules stated something like "the trade deadline will always be after the week 10 games," then that would have given the current commissioner the authority to adjust the deadline on the website even after the season started - or even now to block the trade - without having to rely on a league vote.

be even more clear because "the trade deadline will always be after the week 10 games," could still be after week 12, week 13, week 15, etc. Those are "technically" after week 10.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 312,583.79
LOL

Image Image

Sand$: 42,769.41
Every league will have a guy that has a Belichikian view on the rules
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 31,845.66
endzoneview wrote:Every league will have a guy that has a Belichikian view on the rules

The trick is to weed those people out. Even if you have to do something extreme like abandon a whole league to them and start a new one.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,186.74
endzoneview wrote:Every league will have a guy that has a Belichikian view on the rules

If you are playing for money, and most of you are, its better to be as specific as possible, because then folks can weasel through loopholes.

I don't play for money in my main league, but I know I take advantage of all the rules as I can. OF course, I'm also not trading Brees for Lamar either though.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,673.60
I dunno why we are still talkin about this.

Rugger has already been to their house.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 128,647.32
Elmagister wrote:

The trick is to weed those people out. Even if you have to do something extreme like abandon a whole league to them and start a new one.

They both have been in the league for many years, but never tried anything close to this before. They won't trying this sort of nonsense ever again. There was a bunch of blow back on it last week.

Ironically had the trade gone through, the brother who made the playoffs would have lost today because Lamar only had 29 points with our scoring, and Brees had 53. So the vetoed trade actually helped him win.

Go figure.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion