2019 Coaching Hot Seat/Black Monday

Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,186.74
sctroyfan wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I can't wait to see which team gets Marvin Lewis

edit -
F :censor: me , I just remembered the Jets have Adam Gase and I can't even make fun of the team that gets Marvin Lewis

What's wrong with Marv? I know he takes heat for his postseason record but look what he had to work with.. I've said it before in here a few times and I'll say it again.. What coach has done as much with less? Ownership hamstrung him his entire tenure and he was forced to pick up cast offs and misfits who were willing to take a pay cut.

BS.

For the middle of his tenure there, in 7 yrs, 6 of those he posted a winning record .
2009 - 10-6 L in WC game
2010 - 4-12
2011 - 9-7 L in WC game
2012 - 10-6 L in WC game
2013 - 11-5 L in WC game
2014 - 10-5-1 L in WC game
2015 - 12-4 L in WC game (started 8-0)

Those aren't teams with castoffs and misfits. 2011 was when AJ green and Andy were drafted. 2014 he was given more of the day to day personnel authority from Brown. So then looking after that time., they had 2 good yrs, then...
2016 - 6-9-1
2017 - 7-9
2018 - 6-10

So you can claim retreads and such, but that span of 6-7 years wasn't retreads. They should have at least done better than they did.

Now if you said Hue Brown.. sure... BTW.. I'm pretty sure he's still available.
Sand$: 40,414.11
sctroyfan wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I can't wait to see which team gets Marvin Lewis

edit -
F :censor: me , I just remembered the Jets have Adam Gase and I can't even make fun of the team that gets Marvin Lewis

What's wrong with Marv? I know he takes heat for his postseason record but look what he had to work with.. I've said it before in here a few times and I'll say it again.. What coach has done as much with less? Ownership hamstrung him his entire tenure and he was forced to pick up cast offs and misfits who were willing to take a pay cut.

Would you be happy if Marv coached your team next year?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,427.82
He'd probably get more out of this group of Chargers than Lynn has

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,908.32
sctroyfan wrote:He'd probably get more out of this group of Chargers than Lynn has

Wouldn't you like to aim higher though?
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said a recent report that claimed EVP Stephen Jones had met with Urban Meyer was "absolutely not correct."

"The facts are we just have not talked to any coach or potential coach in the NFL," Jones said in his weekly interview with 105.3 The Fan. "In answering that question, I don’t want to imply that we wouldn’t in a way that would diminish the credibility of the person you’re asking about." That's Jerry-speak for "we're interested, but not yet." Jason Garrett is ultimately safe through Week 17 given the organization's delayed method of transactions — Brett Maher wasn't waived until Week 15, after all — but The Clapper is undoubtedly on the outside looking in. Expect the Jones family to meet with Lincoln Riley, Ron Rivera, and Meyer this offseason.
sctroyfan wrote:He'd probably get more out of this group of Chargers than Lynn has

your non-answer answered my question :D
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,427.82
Elmagister wrote:

Wouldn't you like to aim higher though?

Obviously, and all I was saying is you could do a lot worse than ending up with Marv as your coach.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,193.60
I know Meyer has said other wise, but I think it might be bad idea to bring Meyer in. Which means they will.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,826.06
Not sure where else to put this, was an interesting article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... th-cowboys

tl;dr: Troy Aikman is interested in becoming the next player-announcer-GM, but basically said "heck no" when asked about doing it for the Cowboys. Knows they already have a GM: Jerruh Jones.

This team isn't going to attract top talent until Jerry Jones gives up control.
Supreme Megalodon
Nobody is mourning the loss of Troy Aikman, player/GM.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,826.06
Elmagister wrote:Nobody is mourning the loss of Troy Aikman, player/GM.

Obviously he's untested. Nobody knows if he'll be John Lynch / Mike Mayock or John Elway / Tom Coughlin.

Mostly throws cold water on the idea the Dallas Cowboys will be the hottest HC position due to "longevity".
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,664.26
jnadke wrote:
Elmagister wrote:Nobody is mourning the loss of Troy Aikman, player/GM.

Obviously he's untested. Nobody knows if he'll be John Lynch / Mike Mayock or John Elway / Tom Coughlin.

Mostly throws cold water on the idea the Dallas Cowboys will be the hottest HC position due to "longevity".

He seems really stupid.
Supreme Megalodon
Agreed.

I don't mean to be cold, but it's no secret his brain is soup.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,186.74
Elmagister wrote:Agreed.

smart enough to say hell no when asked about doing it for the Cowboys..
Supreme Megalodon
wmharley wrote:
Elmagister wrote:Agreed.

smart enough to say hell no when asked about doing it for the Cowboys..

To a job that would never be offered.

I'm withdrawing as a candidate for the President of the U.S.A.