Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,033.58
Lord.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,428.92
endzoneview wrote:
jnadke wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Does Freddie Kitchens get to keep his job for another season?

Likely, no, but it depends how he finishes out the season. The answer might be different if it weren't for tshirtgate.

The Browns technically aren't eliminated from the playoffs yet.

:lol:

I mean, it's also technically possible and even feasible that the Browns take the Bills spot, but that requires the Jets to win.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,952.30
jnadke wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Does Freddie Kitchens get to keep his job for another season?

Likely, no, but it depends how he finishes out the season. The answer might be different if it weren't for tshirtgate.

The Browns technically aren't eliminated from the playoffs yet.

But losing to the Steelers twice didn't help. If the Steelers win 1 game they knock out the Browns since tiebreaker is head-to-head.

But they did not lose to the Steelers twice unless they played 3 times.
Last edited by herb on Tue 12.10.2019, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.

Don't do anything in the daytime that'll keep you awake at night.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,667.10
Ya j, they won the game that the fight broke out.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,715.36
Yeah. Just lost the fight.
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:Ya j, they won the game that the fight broke out.

My bad, i forgot they pushed.

And the Browns hold tiebreaker right now for better division record (by virtue of not playing as many division games) since after head-to-head it goes to division record.

Steelers face Bills and Ravens. Browns schedule is more winnable, aside from the fact that the Browns play the Ravens in a week where winning may be more immediate.
Sand$: 115,558.52
This team isn't going to win-out, but if they did then I like their chances to make it to the dance. If I understand the tie breakers right then the only one they'd lose is if Tennessee is the only other team that's 9-7 - and in order for that to happen then the Steelers have to lose-out. I could see them losing to the Bills or the Jets, but not both. Otherwise they win the division/conference record tie-breaker in every other scenario.

All moot if two teams get to 10-6 plus, obviously.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:This team isn't going to win-out, but if they did then I like their chances to make it to the dance. If I understand the tie breakers right then the only one they'd lose is if Tennessee is the only other team that's 9-7 - and in order for that to happen then the Steelers have to lose-out. I could see them losing to the Bills or the Jets, but not both. Otherwise they win the division/conference record tie-breaker in every other scenario.

They play the Cardinals and the Bengals, both of which are out of the playoffs.

So it really comes down to beating the Ravens. And then getting help from the Ravens beating the Steelers (assuming the Bills beat the Steelers).
Last edited by jnadke on Tue 12.10.2019, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,025.98
Mike McCarthy or Ron Rivera feel like the options for them if Kitchens isn't there. That's an upgrade, but I don't know how huge of an upgrade that is.
Great White Shark
BG3eb wrote:Mike McCarthy or Ron Rivera feel like the options for them if Kitchens isn't there. That's an upgrade, but I don't know how huge of an upgrade that is.

Joking aside, I don't think Kitchens actually gets fired.

I think he won just enough games to get another year after honestly looking at it.

Not sure any of those are better. In theory Mike McCarthy if you actually think he developed Aaron Rodgers.
Last edited by jnadke on Tue 12.10.2019, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Sand$: 42,368.03
A fitting end to this Browns season would be upsetting the Ravens to set up and all or nothing showdown in Cincy then getting blown out.
jnadke wrote:
OarChambo wrote:This team isn't going to win-out, but if they did then I like their chances to make it to the dance. If I understand the tie breakers right then the only one they'd lose is if Tennessee is the only other team that's 9-7 - and in order for that to happen then the Steelers have to lose-out. I could see them losing to the Bills or the Jets, but not both. Otherwise they win the division/conference record tie-breaker in every other scenario.

They play the Cardinals and the Bengals, both of which are out of the playoffs.

So it really comes down to beating the Ravens. And then getting help from the Ravens beating the Steelers (assuming the Bills beat the Steelers).

You've not been paying attention to this team this year. They can beat anyone. And they can also lose to anyone.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,844.88
Anybody actually starting OBJ vs. ARI? Great matchup, but he had a decent matchup last week against the Bengals and managed 39 yards.

Thinking of sitting him down for Deebo Samuel vs. ATL, but am torn.
Great White Shark
NFL.com's Mike Garafolo reports the Ravens will rest Lamar Jackson in Week 17 if their playoff seeding is secured.

With the tiebreaker on the Patriots, the Ravens have a functional two-game lead on the AFC's No. 1 seed, and figure to pulverize the Jets on Thursday night. Week 17 is a grudge match with the Steelers — one that figures to be hugely important to Pittsburgh's playoff chances — but the Ravens would have little to gain by risking Jackson's health in an emotional divisional tilt. An absence would be unlikely to affect Jackson's MVP odds, which are close to wrapped up.

Browns fans rooting for the Jets and Patriots.
jnadke wrote:
NFL.com's Mike Garafolo reports the Ravens will rest Lamar Jackson in Week 17 if their playoff seeding is secured.

With the tiebreaker on the Patriots, the Ravens have a functional two-game lead on the AFC's No. 1 seed, and figure to pulverize the Jets on Thursday night. Week 17 is a grudge match with the Steelers — one that figures to be hugely important to Pittsburgh's playoff chances — but the Ravens would have little to gain by risking Jackson's health in an emotional divisional tilt. An absence would be unlikely to affect Jackson's MVP odds, which are close to wrapped up.

Browns fans rooting for the Jets and Patriots.

Cleveland plays Baltimore week 16. So, Patriots fans - yes. But Jets? not so much.