Josh Jacobs' rookie season

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5072
Joined: Wed Sep 7, 2011
Sand$: 9,080.17
EvilE wrote:He has the whole off season to heal up. He’s a rookie, he needs the reps and experience. He’s been playing hurt for like 5 weeks now. The mri was clear

You work for the Redskins training staff, don't you?
Great White Shark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 7,715.36
NautArch wrote:
EvilE wrote:He has the whole off season to heal up. He’s a rookie, he needs the reps and experience. He’s been playing hurt for like 5 weeks now. The mri was clear

You work for the Redskins training staff, don't you?


:lol:
Megalodon
Posts: 19622
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 21,309.86
They really don't need him to win. They could probably hand the ball off to Gruden 20 times and he'd go over 100 yards
Megalodon
Posts: 19622
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 21,309.86
Josh Jacobs (shoulder) won't play in Week 16 against the Chargers.
Coach Jon Gruden will hold the rookie out and re-evaluate his shoulder injury prior to Oakland's regular season finale. DeAndre Washington played 63 percent of Oakland's offensive snaps in Jacobs' lone absence this year, handling 14 carries and 7 of the team's 10 running back targets in that particular matchup. He's an immediate RB2/FLEX against the Chargers on Sunday, especially given his previous goal line role over Jalen Richard on two of the team's three carries inside the 10-yard line in Week 14.


Hmm...now I'm debating Washington in my flex.
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008
Sand$: 2,025.98
Markulous wrote:
Josh Jacobs (shoulder) won't play in Week 16 against the Chargers.
Coach Jon Gruden will hold the rookie out and re-evaluate his shoulder injury prior to Oakland's regular season finale. DeAndre Washington played 63 percent of Oakland's offensive snaps in Jacobs' lone absence this year, handling 14 carries and 7 of the team's 10 running back targets in that particular matchup. He's an immediate RB2/FLEX against the Chargers on Sunday, especially given his previous goal line role over Jalen Richard on two of the team's three carries inside the 10-yard line in Week 14.


Hmm...now I'm debating Washington in my flex.


Same. Already enteres an already crowded pile of potentials: Mostert, Peterson, Kirk, and now him.
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008
Sand$: 2,025.98
So....Washington, Peterson, and Mostert as the flex options (half-ppr).

You pick _______
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 50414
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 42,368.03
I'm probably going Washington, Mostert a close second
Moderator
Posts: 57201
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 115,558.52
The Chargers have only yielded three 100+ yard performances this season and none since week 8, but they've yielded 15 TD's this season to RB's and skimming down the list they're all involved in the pass game too. And neither list is an impressive one.

Don't get cute with your lineup decisions, but at the very least I think Washington has a healthy floor. And that isn't often the case with these types of backs.
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008
Sand$: 2,025.98
Something that concerns me with Mostert is his touchdown viability. Yes, he's scored them but I think that's inflated his scoring productivity to a small extent. Like last week. Take away the touchdown and he definitely looks like a bust.

There feels like there's a floor there with Washington...unless Gruden gets dumb and Richard gets more volume.
Great White Shark
Posts: 8682
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010
Sand$: 18,428.92
BG3eb wrote:Something that concerns me with Mostert is his touchdown viability. Yes, he's scored them but I think that's inflated his scoring productivity to a small extent. Like last week. Take away the touchdown and he definitely looks like a bust.

There feels like there's a floor there with Washington...unless Gruden gets dumb and Richard gets more volume.


It.... doesn't work that way.

Take away most players touchdowns and they become mediocre.
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008
Sand$: 2,025.98
I know it doesn't work that way but he's been streaky as of late because of the touchdowns. That changes course eventually.
Blue Shark
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011
Sand$: 3,159.96
endzoneview wrote:I'm probably going Washington, Mostert a close second


In one of my championships, I am facing Mostert, Washington, and Perriman. I have a really bad feeling lol. :F
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21367
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 52,332.50
.5 PPR:

Mack & Anthony Miller vs:

Washington
Boone
Singletary
Conley (not really considering Conley)
Megalodon
Posts: 19622
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 21,309.86
I have Boone, Washington, and Miller and I'm rolling with Boone unless Cook or Mattison practice
Great White Shark
Posts: 3785
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008
Sand$: 7,245.02
Markulous wrote:I have Boone, Washington, and Miller and I'm rolling with Boone unless Cook or Mattison practice


I’m playing Boone at RB.

Would you Flex DeAndre Washington over Robert Woods? Chargers can be run on... Other option is Anthony Miller, Sony Michel, Slayton
_______________________________________

QB: Wentz/Allen RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pllrd, Mattsn, Shady
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Miller; TE: Cook
K: Butt DEF: KC/MIN
--
QB: Russ RB: Cook, Carsn, Sgtry, Snell, Hunt
WR: Julio, Godwin, J.Brown, AJ, TE: Hig
K: Fairbarn DEF: SF/PHI