User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17671
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007
Sand$: 141,134.27
LA -1.5
49

Image
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7356
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005
Sand$: 3,923.40
This didn't deserve to be stickied anyway
_______________________________________

Image
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29210
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 79,667.10
:lol:
Great White Shark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 7,715.36
Must win game for both teams.

Some irrational part of my brain says the home team wins.

Dallas.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2133
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2010
Sand$: 3,231.44
Dak Day 400 total yards

Dallas 34- 20
Great White Shark
Posts: 3785
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008
Sand$: 7,245.02
Which Goff will we see?
_______________________________________

QB: Wentz/Allen RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pllrd, Mattsn, Shady
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Miller; TE: Cook
K: Butt DEF: KC/MIN
--
QB: Russ RB: Cook, Carsn, Sgtry, Snell, Hunt
WR: Julio, Godwin, J.Brown, AJ, TE: Hig
K: Fairbarn DEF: SF/PHI
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8817
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005
Sand$: 8,780.73
Rams
_______________________________________

Follow me on Tumblr http://jd666.tumblr.com
2019 LOT “The Resurrected One”
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9367
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 21,431.06
Going against Zeke. Need some majic from Cooper Kupp.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5184
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004
Sand$: 781.68
Anyone not watching,they just explained an odd issue with the coin toss. Cowboys won the toss, but instead of choosing to defer, Dak said they want to kick. Asked twice for clarification by the and he confirmed he wants to kick (not that they want to defer).

This ends up giving the Rams the ball first in the first half, and then Rams get to choose to receive the ball first in the second half.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5184
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004
Sand$: 781.68
FutBol wrote:Anyone not watching,they just explained an odd issue with the coin toss. Cowboys won the toss, but instead of choosing to defer, Dak said they want to kick. Asked twice for clarification by the and he confirmed he wants to kick (not that they want to defer).

This ends up giving the Rams the ball first in the first half, and then Rams get to choose to receive the ball first in the second half.


Now they showed on the third time, he did say “defer”, but apparently the coin flip is not reviewable.

He said “defense, we want to kick” initially instead of “defer”
Great White Shark
Posts: 5408
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 7,715.36
28-7? Oh my.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005
Sand$: 1,461.54
FutBol wrote:Now they showed on the third time, he did say “defer”, but apparently the coin flip is not reviewable.

He said “defense, we want to kick” initially instead of “defer”


Yeah, that's where he screwed up. The winner of the coin toss can pick one of three choices:

1. Defer choice to second half
2. Receive the kick or kick off
3. Choice of which goal to defend

He picked 2. It seems Garret wanted him to defer to second half. In that case he needs to tell his guy "You say DEFER".
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5449
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012
Sand$: 18,178.62
Not sure I remember ever seeing that happening before. Weird.
_______________________________________

Image
Megalodon
Posts: 16002
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004
Sand$: 10,101.78
I'm not even sure when or where this whole "defer" language came about...what happened to the old school way of just saying "kick" or "receive"...and you did the opposite of your choice in the 2nd half
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 60976
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 32,033.58
Renegade wrote:I'm not even sure when or where this whole "defer" language came about...what happened to the old school way of just saying "kick" or "receive"...and you did the opposite of your choice in the 2nd half

2008.