2020 Draft Thread

Megalodon
Sand$: 52,370.74
Markulous wrote:Chase could add a win, strip sack/fumble/TD could definitely change a game.

Either way though, pretty much need a franchise QB to consistently win in this league. You'll have outliers of course, but that's a lot of luck usually.
You're grasping there, IMO. Not sure why. I am not arguing against that Chase could be a good/great NFL player. He could even be a HOF DE and not make as much of a difference as a non-HOF, but good QB. Look at the JJ Watt discussion. He'll be a HOF DE, right? Or how about Khalil Mack? Add Mack to the Bengals, how many more games do they win? 0 or 1?
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,317.06
Jcb890 wrote:
Markulous wrote:Chase could add a win, strip sack/fumble/TD could definitely change a game.

Either way though, pretty much need a franchise QB to consistently win in this league. You'll have outliers of course, but that's a lot of luck usually.
You're grasping there, IMO. Not sure why. I am not arguing against that Chase could be a good/great NFL player. He could even be a HOF DE and not make as much of a difference as a non-HOF, but good QB. Look at the JJ Watt discussion. He'll be a HOF DE, right? Or how about Khalil Mack? Add Mack to the Bengals, how many more games do they win? 0 or 1?

I'm on the same side of the argument as you. It's a team sport so it's hard to equate player y = x wins. Adding Mack to the Bengals could help them win a game, it may not, I don't know. QB is the most important position though.
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,370.74
Markulous wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:

I'm on the same side of the argument as you. It's a team sport so it's hard to equate player y = x wins. Adding Mack to the Bengals could help them win a game, it may not, I don't know. QB is the most important position though.
:thumbright:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,523.02
If true, not a smart move.

Megalodon
Sand$: 21,317.06
I'm guessing he's just saying that since he still has games to play with them and isn't wanting to sound like he's already checked out of college. He's pretty much a lock at a top 2 pick right now.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,669.00
Idk, if he says he going to stay, I can’t imagine he’s lying.

I will say this, if he does stay , he’s #1 on my board in 2021. Yes I do realize there will be other players at the top, but a kid like this who just loves football is freaking awesome to have any team.
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:I will say this, if he does stay , he’s #1 on my board in 2021. Yes I do realize there will be other players at the top, but a kid like this who just loves football is freaking awesome to have any team.

Your board maybe.

But pretty sure Trevor Lawrence is atop all 32 NFL GMs draft boards next year. I doubt anyone would pass on him, even the ones that have "franchise" QBs.

That's why this decision is foolish, no way Chase Young increases his draft stock short of TL getting injured.

If anything, Chase Young might even be a #1 pick this year after Tua's injury.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,008.60
jnadke wrote:
rugger48 wrote:I will say this, if he does stay , he’s #1 on my board in 2021. Yes I do realize there will be other players at the top, but a kid like this who just loves football is freaking awesome to have any team.

Your board maybe.

But pretty sure Trevor Lawrence is atop all 32 NFL GMs draft boards next year. I doubt anyone would pass on him, even the ones that have "franchise" QBs.

That's why this decision is foolish, no way Chase Young increases his draft stock short of TL getting injured.

tua would not have been the #1 pick this yr either,not when burrow is the guy killing everyone and looking like the best player in this yrs class
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,008.60
jnadke wrote:

Your board maybe.

chase is smart he comes out this yr,draft stock will never be higher if he goes back and get injured he just left 20-25 million on the table and gets drafted late 1st or early 2nd depending on injury
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,824.18
mstrbass2000 wrote:
jnadke wrote:

Your board maybe.

tua would not have been the #1 pick this yr either,not when burrow is the guy killing everyone and looking like the best player in this yrs class

Aaaand...just won The Heisman.
Supreme Megalodon
jnadke wrote:

Your board maybe.

I agree with you, I’m just saying a guy like chase is wonderful for a team. If he stays and plays another year at Ohio, it just shows how much this kid loves football and his surroundings.
Last edited by rugger48 on Sun 12.15.2019, 00:30, edited 2 times in total.
Supreme Megalodon
mstrbass2000 wrote:
jnadke wrote:

Your board maybe.

Tua was the easy #1, burrow has done well this year, but it’s one year.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,023.44
rugger48 wrote:

Tua was the easy #1, burrow has done well this year, but it’s one year.

I tend to agree, but honestly it doesnt matter. Both still go ahead of Young if the teams drafting there need a QB.

If Chase stays his stock can only go down from here, but that foesnt mean its a foolish decision. Its all about priorities and hes no doubt having the time of his life right now

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
tsbgrayghost wrote:
mstrbass2000 wrote:tua would not have been the #1 pick this yr either,not when burrow is the guy killing everyone and looking like the best player in this yrs class

Aaaand...just won The Heisman.

It's a good thing Andew Luck never won the Heisman or he would've went #2 behind Marcus Mariota.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,578.46
rugger48 wrote:Idk, if he says he going to stay, I can’t imagine he’s lying.

I will say this, if he does stay , he’s #1 on my board in 2021. Yes I do realize there will be other players at the top, but a kid like this who just loves football is freaking awesome to have any team.

Staying would not be smart. He’d have to contend with Lawrence and Penei Sewell in the 2021 draft, and if there is one guy who I could see taking over Young depending on team needs, it’s the magical unicorn baby of Joe Thomas and Walter Jones, aka Sewell. Injury could also push him down. He’s a lock to be a top 2 pick this year.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion