Great White Shark
Sand$: 123.70
5 year contract for Stefanski.
Sand$: 42,882.59
so two years
Blue Shark
Sand$: 892.16
https://news.yahoo.com/paul-depodesta-f ... 50912.html

Last year, Browns chief strategy officer (a big title for basically a part-time, absentee gig) Paul DePodesta wanted the Browns to hire Vikings offensive coordinator (for a handful of games) Kevin Stefanski. The Browns instead hired Browns offensive coordinator (for two handfuls of games) Freddie Kitchens.

This year, Kitchens failed. Stefanski, well, it’s not clear what he really did. He spent the full season as offensive coordinator in Minnesota, but by all accounts the credit for Minnesota’s chicken-salad recipe went to assistant head coach/offensive consultant Gary Kubiak. Indeed, when head coach Mike Zimmer calls Kubiak, not Stefanski, “probably the best thing that’s ever happened to me since I came here,” that says plenty.

But the Browns hired Stefanski anyway, via a process that was run by DePodesta. Sure, ownership technically made the decision, but DePodesta set the menu — including, per multiple sources, talking directly to coaching and/or G.M. candidates who were not officially interviewed, which basically gave DePodesta the power to serve as the initial screener of potential hires.

And so one day after Stefanski’s offense in Minnesota generated 21 rushing yards and had eight of its first nine drives produce two, minus-two, four, eight, one, six, minus-five, and minus-four yards, Stefanski’s ship has come in, a year later than DePodesta wanted it to.

Now the question will be whether Stefanski is any more prepared to be a head coach than Kitchens was. But former G.M. John Dorsey got his way last year with Kitchens, and now DePodesta is getting his way with Stefanski. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, the next hard reset from Browns ownership must include DePodesta.
Great White Shark
I Love the Stefanski hire.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 115,956.52
The reactions to this hire from all directions have been predictable, but still worthy of a few good laughs. The only high level concern I have would be the same no matter the hire - Jimmy. There are certain items I'm uncertain about - does Stefanski have the necessary leadership abilities? will he delegate appropriately? who else is a top the org chart? how will they all gel together? were some of Minnesota's inefficient tendencies more a product of Zimmer? Probably more...but Friday meetings with the analytics team and one of them having a voice in his headset gameday (among many other analytically driven items)...those are good things. Anyone who thinks otherwise is playing from behind the competition.
Great White Shark
Blue Shark
Sand$: 892.16
OarChambo wrote:The reactions to this hire from all directions have been predictable, but still worthy of a few good laughs. The only high level concern I have would be the same no matter the hire - Jimmy. There are certain items I'm uncertain about - does Stefanski have the necessary leadership abilities? will he delegate appropriately? who else is a top the org chart? how will they all gel together? were some of Minnesota's inefficient tendencies more a product of Zimmer? Probably more...but Friday meetings with the analytics team and one of them having a voice in his headset gameday (among many other analytically driven items)...those are good things. Anyone who thinks otherwise is playing from behind the competition.

Forcing a football coach to turn over his gameplan to a baseball executive and a gas station owner before each game is the Brownsiest thing EVER.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,411.50
Anything is absurd if you boil it down to the most simple terms.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,575.56
Wait a second.
I get it.
You guys were trolling snake.
Well, that is some low hanging fruit.
I didn’t even laugh.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,411.50
Cadence calls wrote:Wait a second.
I get it.
You guys were trolling snake.
Well, that is some low hanging fruit.
I didn’t even laugh.

Sand$: 42,882.59
:lol:
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,472.66
Why did the OBJ thread get locked?

Was coming in to mention he finally had surgery for his preseason injury.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.