Chum
Sand$: 14.00
What does the future look like for David Johnson. He was a top 10 pick in 2019 and took a back seat once Drake was acquired. Any chance he gets traded to Tampa and re-united with Bruce Arians?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,608.12
You mean his stadius?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,585.12
My practical side says don’t bank on DJ at this point,
There’s always a chance that he rediscovers his burst.
And room for speculation on his mindset and football health.
If you can buy at a big discount, I wouldn’t shade you for it.
A deep bench could allow you to sandbag him until he’s useful again, depends on the price and league depth.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,015.96
they will re-sign drake to be the starter with edmonds backup and then jettison dj makes no sense to pay him big bucks while being 3rd best and on the bench
Chum
Sand$: 85.26
If he stays they owe him 10m. They will cut him before they pay him.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,166.06
jdogg69 wrote:If he stays they owe him 10m. They will cut him before they pay him.

They lose over 2m in cap space by cutting him.
Chum
Sand$: 14.00
Wonder if he will wind-up in Tampa and re-united with Bruce Arians?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 310,762.77
I hope he ends up somewhere where he can be the starter. He still has a couple Good years left.

Image Image

Megalodon
Sand$: 52,505.16
Budmonsan wrote:I hope he ends up somewhere where he can be the starter. He still has a couple Good years left.
He looked really slow and not shifty this past season. I wonder how injured he really was/is or if he's basically done as a dynamic runner.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:
jdogg69 wrote:If he stays they owe him 10m. They will cut him before they pay him.

but save 8 million on cap space,correct,arians will kick the tired for sure once he is cut
Great White Shark
Jcb890 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:I hope he ends up somewhere where he can be the starter. He still has a couple Good years left.
He looked really slow and not shifty this past season. I wonder how injured he really was/is or if he's basically done as a dynamic runner.

edmonds and drake make dj look slow
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,166.06
mstrbass2000 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

but save 8 million on cap space,correct,arians will kick the tired for sure once he is cut

No, they net lose 2 million.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,232.94
mstrbass2000 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:

edmonds and drake make dj look slow

Edmonds makes Drake look slow

and DJ looks like a TE
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 116,835.40
Jcb890 wrote:

He may be an effective and uninteresting passing downs back in the right situation, but in 29 games since getting paid he's net > 4 ypc just 6* times. Shouldn't even count one of them because it was on just three carries. So he's toast, but given his contract he will be given a shot to prove the last three years were flukes. Three years. Flukes. Ooo-kay.

There are at least a dozen backs entering the leeg that are better bets than him in 2020 and they possess stronger future value at a much cheaper rate. Expecting rationality from NFL decision maker's is a fool's errand, but the only justifiable reason for any of the other 31 teams in the leeg to take him from Arizona would be a Brock Osweiler-esque deal - give us a high draft pick and we'll consider taking that albatross off your hands. Otherwise he's staying in Arizona.

And no matter what happens he will only be on my cheat sheets as a formality - he's a liability in all formats. Maybe that will be his tier name - 'liability.' Now I'm wondering who else fits...
Great White Shark
Sand$: 193.02
Elmagister wrote:No, they net lose 2 million.

Maybe I'm reading OTC wrong but it looks like a 18M dead cap and a 4M in net loss on the cap?

https://overthecap.com/player/david-johnson/3934/

I could be reading this very wrong.