Josh Jacobs' rookie season

Post Reply  
Megalodon
Posts: 20477
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 22,743.86
With Sherman back, ya I would start Washington
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 39840
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006
Sand$: 129,488.14
Just saw this on YouTube and thought I would post it. Jacobs had a rough childhood but came out of it with class.

_______________________________________

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 32770
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 26,039.64
He’s a great kid. I’m rooting for him.

If I owned him in a dynasty league, I’d think about selling him if someone blows your doors off. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the Raiders dip their toes in the RB pool this year, as there are a lot of lightning quick 3rd down back types in this class. And Gruden has traditionally preferred to have 2 backs. Richard just signed a cheap extension, but that won’t prevent us from adding to the group.
_______________________________________

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 52158
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,444.99
I think that was a Super Bowl ad

Easy guy to root for
Great White Shark
Posts: 7713
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 46,048.08
SJSwarm wrote:He’s a great kid. I’m rooting for him.

If I owned him in a dynasty league, I’d think about selling him if someone blows your doors off. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the Raiders dip their toes in the RB pool this year, as there are a lot of lightning quick 3rd down back types in this class. And Gruden has traditionally preferred to have 2 backs. Richard just signed a cheap extension, but that won’t prevent us from adding to the group.


add gus edwards as a hammer,richard stays the scat back,washington goodbye
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 32770
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 26,039.64
mstrbass2000 wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:He’s a great kid. I’m rooting for him.

If I owned him in a dynasty league, I’d think about selling him if someone blows your doors off. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the Raiders dip their toes in the RB pool this year, as there are a lot of lightning quick 3rd down back types in this class. And Gruden has traditionally preferred to have 2 backs. Richard just signed a cheap extension, but that won’t prevent us from adding to the group.


add gus edwards as a hammer,richard stays the scat back,washington goodbye


Makes no sense to spend money on a RB when we can draft one that is a better fit than Edwards and will be paid on rookie scale.

Honestly Edwards and Jacobs makes no sense whatsoever. Gruden will want a quick back who can catch the ball.
_______________________________________

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Posts: 3148
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014
Sand$: 5,860.58
What swarm said.
RB is so deep this year.
I expect The Sin City Raiders to reload at RB. Washington should get cut.
Pick up a couple backs via draft and UDFA.
_______________________________________

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark
Posts: 3148
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014
Sand$: 5,860.58
Guys like Rico Dowdle will be cheap.
_______________________________________

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1345
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018
Sand$: 1,628.38
Cadence calls wrote:What swarm said.
RB is so deep this year.
I expect The Sin City Raiders to reload at RB. Washington should get cut.
Pick up a couple backs via draft and UDFA.


Of course this means they'll sign Ty Montgomery and Peyton Barber to huge deals
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58095
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 118,934.68
Vision wrote:
Cadence calls wrote:What swarm said.
RB is so deep this year.
I expect The Sin City Raiders to reload at RB. Washington should get cut.
Pick up a couple backs via draft and UDFA.


Of course this means they'll sign Ty Montgomery and Peyton Barber to huge deals

If Mayock weren't there, maybe. But Mayock's there. I think there's fair reason to be concerned about a repeat of the AB debacle. Gruden gets distracted by shiny things. And Mark Davis can be influenced by what Gruden wants. Does Mayock have enough clout after that predictable circus crashed to stop them from themselves? Maybe, but it isn't a certainty.

And guys like Monty and Barber are not shiny things. If one of these guys (or Edwards or someone else like them but different) accepts a #2/#3 sorta offer then they may be a Raider. If they don't then they won't. Beware of other shiny things though.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1345
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018
Sand$: 1,628.38
ok

maybe Michael Pittman.. Sr.
_______________________________________

"It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both."
Great White Shark
Posts: 3148
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014
Sand$: 5,860.58
I’m also afraid of the shiny things.
And the old things.
I’ll drink to Mayock convincing Jon and Mark that RBs are like paper towels.
_______________________________________

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 52158
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,444.99
Vision wrote:ok

maybe Michael Pittman.. Sr.


like button
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 63579
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 35,018.68
I was having a conversation the other day of forgotten NFL names. Michael Pittman would have been a good one.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 71480
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 313,521.03
Yea I totally forgot about him.
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image