Great White Shark
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 14,084.92
DJ has looked pretty bad the past two seasons.

But he was dealing with a back issue, and a high ankle sprain for most of the year.

Its easy to say he’s cooked, but I just cant believe a RB with that little tread on his tires is cooked at 27.

Maybe he’ll let me down again, but count me in for another season
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018
Sand$: 1,230.58
When you have a guy that physically is just good enough to get plus yards, without injuries

And he gets hurt in the slightest

He's basically done

Think Arian Foster with back and hamstring issues

Didn't matter how smart, instinctual etc

That competitive edge is so very close
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 51205
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 43,737.95
or Chase Edmonds
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018
Sand$: 1,230.58
when chase gets the rock next year

all this ex miami cast off rb business will be forgotten
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 51205
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 43,737.95
Speaking Tuesday, Cardinals GM Steve Keim said David Johnson is "a guy we still value."

"I think because of the success that Kenyan (Drake) had, because of the success Chase (Edmonds) had, I think that's something that will be a chip on his shoulder," Keim said of his highly-paid back. "He's going to want to come back and play well and again because of his skill-set. ... We certainly think he can jump back in and do some good things for us."


:shaking2:
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7188
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 26,608.12
endzoneview wrote:
Speaking Tuesday, Cardinals GM Steve Keim said David Johnson is "a guy we still value."

"I think because of the success that Kenyan (Drake) had, because of the success Chase (Edmonds) had, I think that's something that will be a chip on his shoulder," Keim said of his highly-paid back. "He's going to want to come back and play well and again because of his skill-set. ... We certainly think he can jump back in and do some good things for us."


:shaking2:


Oh. So he didn't want to play well last season. But he does now. Got it.
:thumbright:
Great White Shark
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 14,084.92
hawkdogger wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Speaking Tuesday, Cardinals GM Steve Keim said David Johnson is "a guy we still value."

"I think because of the success that Kenyan (Drake) had, because of the success Chase (Edmonds) had, I think that's something that will be a chip on his shoulder," Keim said of his highly-paid back. "He's going to want to come back and play well and again because of his skill-set. ... We certainly think he can jump back in and do some good things for us."


:shaking2:


Oh. So he didn't want to play well last season. But he does now. Got it.
:thumbright:


Stranger things have happened
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 71665
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 310,762.77
Vision wrote:when chase gets the rock next year

all this ex miami cast off rb business will be forgotten


Agreed
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 51205
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 43,737.95




jesus
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 61701
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 32,162.14
I wonder what the compensation will be, considering that BoB is a bad GM, but they're taking on his salary.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7188
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 26,608.12
My god
Great White Shark
Posts: 8755
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010
Sand$: 18,659.84
:o
Elmagister wrote:I wonder what the compensation will be, considering that BoB is a bad GM, but they're taking on his salary.

I mean, his salary follows him no matter what.

Cardinals still took a $10M cap charge in last year 2019 to trade him. You can't trade off signing bonuses.


I'd hope the Texans took him for peanuts.

His contract isn't terrible, assuming he can regain his form. Basically a 2 year, $18M RB.


This is hard to judge without details.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 61701
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 32,162.14
BoB gave up Nuk. Hahahaha
Great White Shark
Posts: 8755
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010
Sand$: 18,659.84
Elmagister wrote:BoB gave up Nuk. Hahahaha


I take back my earlier statement.


Texans are a dumpster fire.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 51205
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 43,737.95
no joke, I was going to comment "at least he didn't trade Hopkins" up above.

holymoly