Tom Brady moving on to Tampa

Post Reply  
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 55821
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,829.69
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29386
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 49,215.91
I never thought he'd leave.
_______________________________________

2020 House of Bourbon Champion
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 55821
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,829.69
I’m still not convinced until I see he’s signed with another team
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29386
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 49,215.91
NFL Network TV talking head..."we'll all remember where we were when we heard Tom Brady was leaving New England". :lol:

Stock up N'Keal Harry?

Andy Dalton to New England while they groom Stidham?
_______________________________________

2020 House of Bourbon Champion
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22428
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 54,510.86
jesteva wrote:NFL Network TV talking head..."we'll all remember where we were when we heard Tom Brady was leaving New England". :lol:

Stock up N'Keal Harry?

Andy Dalton to New England while they groom Stidham?
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 55821
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,829.69
Someone on NFLN said the reason why the Bears couldn't lock up Bridgewater yesterday is because he wanted to see what would happen with the Patriots and Brady
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26119
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 69,417.00
endzoneview wrote:I’m still not convinced until I see he’s signed with another team


Same here. While the cap hit happens on 3/18, making his return after that inefficient, it is still possible.

I just can't imagine why the Patriots think they're better off without him, even just for fan-appeasement purposes.

Then again, if there is no NFL season this year, it won't matter :p
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 19807
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007
Sand$: 123,354.33
Feels like this should be 2 separate threads. One for Brady and one for the Patriots life after Brady.

I guess color me surprised but not shocked.
_______________________________________

Image
Great White Shark
Posts: 9154
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010
Sand$: 19,946.82
With the Raiders signing Mariota, is it pretty much just Brady to TB now?

I suppose there's still a chance of a surprise Brady to SF or LAC. Mostly since Brady is a California native.


Not that the Raiders had a chance anyway. If Brady complained about weapons in NE, LAV (side note: Is it LAV now? LVE? LV?) is worse.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26119
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 69,417.00
jnadke wrote:With the Raiders signing Mariota, is it pretty much just Brady to TB now?

I suppose there's still a chance of a surprise Brady to SF or LAC. Mostly since Brady is a California native.



I always assumed that if Brady didn't stay with the Patriots, he would be headed to LAC or the Raiders. I'm not sure Mariota changes that, to be honest.

I don't see any way he goes to SF, but what do I know.


Flipside, if he goes to TB, I'm happy with Winston coming to New England. Also a fan of Derek Carr and some other names out there. Not Brady replacements, but better than drafting a rookie QB.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 55821
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,829.69
scootm44 wrote:Feels like this should be 2 separate threads. One for Brady and one for the Patriots life after Brady.

I guess color me surprised but not shocked.


I didn't want my name attached to a Tom Brady thread though :x
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 55821
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,829.69
Chargers - LaLa Land, some nice weapons
Bucs - superb weapons and coaching, no taxes, weather
Colts - stick it to Belichick, kind of built like the Patriots on both sides of the ball
Raiders - vanity
Niners - not sure anyone, including Brady, wants to screw Jimmy G plus, this would be a stupid move by the Niners

That's how I would rank them for the likelihood of Brady signing
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26119
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 69,417.00
endzoneview wrote:Chargers - LaLa Land, some nice weapons
Bucs - superb weapons and coaching, no taxes, weather
Colts - stick it to Belichick, kind of built like the Patriots on both sides of the ball
Raiders - vanity
Niners - not sure anyone, including Brady, wants to screw Jimmy G plus, this would be a stupid move by the Niners

That's how I would rank them for the likelihood of Brady signing



I think Chargers and Raiders are most likely.

No way he goes to the Colts. He doesn't want the Manning legacy or to be a turncoat for Patriots fans (which will dictate his future endorsements).

Bucs are a middle of the road option. NFC, good weather, doesn't really improve his situation but makes sense on paper.
Great White Shark
Posts: 9154
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010
Sand$: 19,946.82
endzoneview wrote:Chargers - LaLa Land, some nice weapons
Bucs - superb weapons and coaching, no taxes, weather
Colts - stick it to Belichick, kind of built like the Patriots on both sides of the ball
Raiders - vanity
Niners - not sure anyone, including Brady, wants to screw Jimmy G plus, this would be a stupid move by the Niners

That's how I would rank them for the likelihood of Brady signing


Raiders / Nevada also have no income taxes.

They also would probably pay the most. Wouldn't be surprised if they hand Brady some ungodly amount like 3 years $120M.



I think the top two are the Bucs and Raiders. Depends if Brady wants rings or $$$$. Heck Tommy Boy might even give him part ownership.
Last edited by jnadke on Tue 03.17.2020, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24091
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$: 42,522.80
I don't think he posts that unless he's agreed in principle somewhere else and the Pats have said 'naw, go take it we aren't matching"