2020 Dynasty Rookie Draft Thread

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 47,453.44
zuggyawesome wrote:I know Eno Benjamin was a 7th round pick; but I'd be sure to draft him if I were relying on Kenyan Drake next season.

yeah, i drafted him.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,528.56
I don't think Eno is the droid you're looking for.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,018.24
OarChambo wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:In your mind Winfield wasn’t a steal. Most analysts felt otherwise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as RoJo goes, guess we will see. Not a good sign for Jones as a 3rd down back that TB12 doesn’t have him at the passing camp, so it is either he seizes the early down role, or he fades into irrelevance. You’ve got your chips on the former, I’ve got mine on the latter. You aren’t going to change my mind when I watched darn near every game he played in college, and you are a hopeful dynasty owner. RoJo needs to change my mind (and more importantly his coaches’ minds) with his on field play. A handful of YouTube highlight clips does not a player make.

I think it's more a case of me having my chips on not Vaughn. If Tampa has a lead guy next year I think it's either RoJo or whoever they add next offseason. Like I said before, Vaughn's...fine. I don't think he's anything more than that though. The Troy Hambrick rule still has validity, but it isn't often teams go into a season with that as their plan A.

So when assembling my bench in May I'd rather chase a risk/reward like RoJo knowing I could get a Christine Michael but hope I get a Kenyan Drake and if he does flop and injury to a starter forces my hand then I dumpster dive for that week's DeAndre Washington who isn't much different than the Ke'Shawn Vaughn I didn't consider in the first place.

I get the concept of rojo’s theoretical upside. But I also learned today that Vaughn had the 3rd highest YAC/forced missed tackle profile of this rookie RB class. He might be better than any of us think. He did play for a terrible team.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,188.50
I havent watched a ton of tape on either Vaughn or RoJo but I have watched some. I think they compliment each other in that one is believed to excel where the other is believed to not. Vaughn is good in pass pro as well as catching passes, but can also do the rest. RoJo is believed to be faster and in some peoples opinion hes a better runner. Rojo did have 230+ rush yds called back due to penalty which puts him close to 1000 yd rusher and 1300 total yds. Not terrible for a guy in a timeshare. While Vaughn had good YAC and forced tackle numbers, Rojo was solid as well. Almost half his yards were before contact, and the other half after contact. O line was bad and to give context Barber had a lower yards before contact (1.3) than Rojo(1.8) but Rojo forced 23 missed tackles while Barber forced 8 and Rojos 7.5 attempts per broken tackle were only bested by Aaron Jones, Damien Williams, and Kamara. Obviously the eye test and what we see on film is more important than stats, just giving some context. Im not making an argument for or against either player. I think both can have a role and offer fantasy production. I do think that the love for one player has more to do with the hate for another. Do people really dislike Rojo or do they just love Vaughn? From what Ive seen Vaughn is going mid/late 1st in many recent rookie drafts and thats too rich for my blood. Id rather gamble on the cheaper of the two and try to buy Rojo for a late 2nd. Some are selling cheaper than that. One, both or neither could pan out, so I want the one that requires the least investment of draft capital. Many were burned by Henderson last year, while others were rewarded with Singletary. Im no expert by any means just my 2c

Too Many League and not enough Whiskey
Supreme Megalodon
Yeah part of why I like Vaughn was the value of where he was being drafted, I would absolutely take one of the mega talented WR’s in a currently crowded or bad situation in the 1st over him in round one. Never take a situation over talent back in round one. If Vaughn was sitting there in the mid to late 2nd on, I like the value.

I also think it’s bat crap crazy how low Tua is going in many drafts. He’s so good, I’d take him in the first all day long even if I had talent at QB. People are going to regret sleeping on him.

Great White Shark
SJSwarm wrote:Yeah part of why I like Vaughn was the value of where he was being drafted, I would absolutely take one of the mega talented WR’s in a currently crowded or bad situation in the 1st over him in round one. Never take a situation over talent back in round one. If Vaughn was sitting there in the mid to late 2nd on, I like the value.

I also think it’s bat crap crazy how low Tua is going in many drafts. He’s so good, I’d take him in the first all day long even if I had talent at QB. People are going to regret sleeping on him.

Agreed. Id be all over Vaughn mid 2nd. Ive seen him go as early as 1.06 before all the WRs, which blew my freaking mind! Have seen Tua going pretty late which is odd. Injury concerns or not he has a chance to be a game changer so is worth the gamble. Im not letting him out of the 2nd unless somebody just falls that I cant pass up

Supreme Megalodon
The mid 2nd is a treasure trove of goodness this year. What's there is variable. I don't care who among Reagor, Higgins, Viska, Pittman, Jefferson, Burrow, and Tua are there - I'll take whoever among them falls. There isn't anything bat shoot crazy about it. Raw numbers say some number of them will. And even if I just miss the cliff and have to 'settle' on a Dillon or Edwards, fine - you don't get a crack at players like that at the end of a normal 2nd round. This year you do though.
Supreme Megalodon
kkiddynamite21 wrote: I do think that the love for one player has more to do with the hate for another. Do people really dislike Rojo or do they just love Vaughn?

For me, it's more about Vaughn vs Moss. They're different types of players, but their range of potential outcomes are the same. They're a monkey wrench for an incumbent that lacks a stranglehold on the position, have very little bust risk, but aren't good enough to expect them to ever become the lead dog. The difference is, kinda like where you are w/Vaughn v RoJo, one is consistently available almost a round later.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:
kkiddynamite21 wrote: I do think that the love for one player has more to do with the hate for another. Do people really dislike Rojo or do they just love Vaughn?

For me, it's more about Vaughn vs Moss. They're different types of players, but their range of potential outcomes are the same. They're a monkey wrench for an incumbent that lacks a stranglehold on the position, have very little bust risk, but aren't good enough to expect them to ever become the lead dog. The difference is, kinda like where you are w/Vaughn v RoJo, one is consistently available almost a round later.

Yeah I have no shares of Vaughn and at his current/recent ADP I wont own any shares. I have a few shares of Moss and my most recent share I took him 2.09 and Im ok paying that price. For me his expected range of outcomes is priced into that 2.09. For Vaughn the potential outcomes and his 1st round ADP dont match. Like you said this draft is so deep and there are no "bad" picks in the 2nd round and I have traded back in quite a few drafts and have been able to load up on WRs and Im happy to do so.

Megalodon
Sand$: 23,070.24
kkiddynamite21 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Yeah I have no shares of Vaughn and at his current/recent ADP I wont own any shares. I have a few shares of Moss and my most recent share I took him 2.09 and Im ok paying that price. For me his expected range of outcomes is priced into that 2.09. For Vaughn the potential outcomes and his 1st round ADP dont match. Like you said this draft is so deep and there are no "bad" picks in the 2nd round and I have traded back in quite a few drafts and have been able to load up on WRs and Im happy to do so.

trading back AND trading up for me. I traded up to get Aiyuk 3.1. That 2nd round is money...id rather have multiple 2nds than a 1st

Moss was one of my targets but we went like 2.03. I didnt even have a chance. I love Moss. i dont like the landing spot BUT i still think he can make a rb2 when its all said and done.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
That sounds good in theory, unfortunately Aiyuk is hot trash. Lol.

Megalodon
bet! Aiyuk is perfect for this offense. Just like Deebo Samuel. I think Shannahan will utilize his skill set the right way. We will see about Aiyuk lol just wait SJ.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:bet! Aiyuk is perfect for this offense. Just like Deebo Samuel. I think Shannahan will utilize his skill set the right way. We will see about Aiyuk lol just wait SJ.

That offense and that QB can only support one fantasy relevant receiving option. His name is George Kittle.

I like Samuel as a player a lot and his YAC abilities will give him good fantasy output now and then. Aiyuk is a one trick pony and won’t be fantasy relevant IMHO.

Megalodon
I dont see a one trick pony when i watch him...whats his one trick? I think he fits perfectly with Shannahan just like Deebo does because they bring that gadget type aspect. They are RBs with the ball in their hands (YAC guys) .Give them the quick bubble screen screens. At the same time Aiyuk can also take the top off the defense. What i like about him is his strong hands..i didnt see too many body catches.

I dont think Aiyuk will do much this year BUT next year him and Deebo will be a solid combo. I see WR2/WR3 potential. ill take that 3rd round.

Supreme Megalodon
His one trick last year being a deep weapon and getting over the top of Pac 12 defenses. Just because he could go for 180 against the Oregon “defense” doesn’t mean he can do it against Griffin or Peterson or Ramsey.

Aiyuk is less well rounded than his ASU counterpart, Harry, and y’all know how I feel about him. Lol