Tom Brady moving on to Tampa

Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,360.58
Seriously, none of these things interest me very much. Brady is great--as was MJ-- but dedicating hours to watching these guys be stroked just doesn't do much for me. To each his own, you guys enjoy it.

I will be interested in hearing how they gloss over the cheating. 8)

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 41,643.92

:lol:

I'm a dude.
Sand$: 40,438.45
x2
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,208.72
bluemist wrote:“Nine Super Bowl appearances over the course of 20 years is an achievement on an unmatched level,” Schell said. "

Otto Graham?

Pssst, 13 teams in the 40’s and 50’s?

How many games did you watch?
Otto Graham was ok but he was no Red Grange
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:
bluemist wrote:“Nine Super Bowl appearances over the course of 20 years is an achievement on an unmatched level,” Schell said. "

Otto Graham?

10 championship games in 10 years means he was at the same level IMO.

While you can dismiss it due to the number of teams, I think it is important to remember that QB's were not protected like they are today. Comparing different eras is always subjective, but you play against the best of your day, regardless of when that day was/is. Yes they played fewer games, but Graham probably took more violent hits in one year than Brady has in his entire career.

WTH has me not being around to watch the games have to do with anything?

Pittsburgh sucks.

Otto Graham is like the best JV quarterback at school
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,977.18

It really doesn't. And he really wasn't on the same level. You surely understand athletes, the sport, and sports science has advanced over time.
Supreme Megalodon
bluemist wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

Otto Graham?

While you can dismiss it due to the number of teams, I think it is important to remember that QB's were not protected like they are today. Comparing different eras is always subjective, but you play against the best of your day, regardless of when that day was/is. Yes they played fewer games, but Graham probably took more violent hits in one year than Brady has in his entire career.

Pittsburgh sucks.

Not really, he played against guys selling vacuums and encyclopedias, who smoked and drank at half time. 12 games a season and 1 playoff game.

Why does it make a difference if you watched? Because you talking about comparing him to Brady. Your just basing it off stats ans and hearsay.
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:
bluemist wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

Pittsburgh sucks.

Not really, he played against guys selling vacuums and encyclopedias, who smoked and drank at half time. 12 games a season and 1 playoff game.

Why does it make a difference if you watched? Because you talking about comparing him to Brady. Your just basing it off stats ans and hearsay.
Yes, I am basing my opinion off of the statistic of how many championships he went to over the course of his career. You know, the part that I quoted of " Nine Super Bowl appearances over the course of 20 years is an achievement on an unmatched level,” Schell said. "

As far as the level of athleticism, I will contend that the guys he played with were "smoking and drinking at halftime"also, so much of that is subjective. I am only contending that statistically , Graham's success at leading his team to the championship is comparable to TB's.

Supreme Megalodon
It’s not.
Kind of funny that back then only two teams went to the playoffs

Any argument after 1960 should not include Otto Graham
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,742.08
10ball wrote:I will not watch a single second of this

Let me know if they show his last game as a Patriot. I would watch that again.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 65,917.30
grace wrote:
10ball wrote:I will not watch a single second of this

Let me know if they show his last game as a Patriot. I would watch that again.

Ouch :p
SandShark
Sand$: 122.90
rugger48 wrote:

These things go both ways.

Did Graham have a radio in his helmet connected some guy in a booth with all kinds of electronic devices to call the plays?
Did Graham have a 6'6" 270 lb guy who could run like a deer and catch playing receiver for him?
Could Graham dedicate all of his time to being better at the sport because it made him a millionaire?

If you put Tom Brady in Otto's place, would he achieve just as much?
If you put Otto in Tom's place would he achieve just as much?