Austin Ekeler - RB1

Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,047.58
Off Constantly wrote:loud noises

not loud at all,just large letters !!!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,848.20
It’s damn hard to get value for Ek in trade right now.
He’s a top 12 ppr back next time they line up. Don’t see much changing. LA should even get him the ball more, despite the drop off from Rivers.
He is lightning in a a six pack of bottles next season.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,788.02
I think there will be a slight drop off in those "Dump offs" and they really like Justin Jackson, not sure what to make of him yet.

Tyrod in 2016 in Buffalo supported a #1 RB...Lesean McCoy had like 1,200 yards on the ground and 13 Tuddy's...The catch is only 1 receiving TD.

I don't think LA wants to "Bell Cow" Ekeler, but I'd feel comfortable having him on my squad.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,860.52
I don't think LA wants to bell cow Ekeler either, but they're not gonna give Justin Jackson touches at the expense of him; it'll just be to keep him fresh. And that's plan A. They have some friendly early season matchups, but as it stands in late May I think this is one of the worst teams in the leeg. So while they may not want to dump off overload Ek game script may dictate otherwise.

Whether intentional or not, those who didn't trade him this spring came out winners. No need trying to move him now either.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,080.80
He strikes me as an elite pass catcher but nothing special when it comes to running between the tackles. Seems like Jackson is the fill-in for him, and Kelley takes more of the bruising carries. The general tempo of the offense might not be optimal for Ekeler. Talented and productive for your roster but probably not as stout as he was last season.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,039.64
Josh Kelley is the definition of JAG. Neither him or Jackson should concern Ekeler owners at all.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,422.30
I love Ekeler... but holy shoot, 2nd round ADP is way too high.

This is going to be a bad offense, and the worst kind of bad offense. A conservative offense with a strong defense.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,208.72
zuggyawesome wrote:I love Ekeler... but holy shoot, 2nd round ADP is way too high.

This is going to be a bad offense, and the worst kind of bad offense. A conservative offense with a strong defense.

Ya I think it depends how your draft is going. I think he is one if those mast couple rbs you take for a rb1
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,047.58
zuggyawesome wrote:I love Ekeler... but holy shoot, 2nd round ADP is way too high.

i would gladly take him at pick 9-12 of the 1st rd kids a ppr monster
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,422.30
mstrbass2000 wrote:

He goes from dumpoff artist Philip Rivers to mobile QBs Tyrod and Herbert. A lot of risk involved here.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
zuggyawesome wrote:
mstrbass2000 wrote:

He goes from dumpoff artist Philip Rivers to mobile QBs Tyrod and Herbert. A lot of risk involved here.

im in the same boat...i dont see him getting that same volume with the other QBs...possible but not a given. And a majority of his success comes from the passing game. (108 targets). i could see those targets dropping to about 80. Hard to predict...Rivers used his safety Wrs like no other.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,333.28
I'm planning on going into my late August draft with the idea of not taking ANY Chargers offensive players; particularly as my starters. I certainly don't trust Tyrod Taylor as a QB1, because I believe it will greatly diminish the value of Ekeler, their entire WR unit, and even Hunter Henry. If Herbert somehow ends up beating Taylor for the starting job, it might end up increasing the value of Henry and/or Ekeler a little bit, but not much.

Having said all of that, I'm going to keep a close eye on reports coming out of training camp. If those reports are surprisingly favorable, I may have to adjust my overall draft strategy regarding the Bolts' offense.

The Tank's reigning POS...and damn proud of it!!
Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:

Lol you didn’t watch Herbert in college did you?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,860.52
SJSwarm wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

Lol you didn’t watch Herbert in college did you?

Right - was it Herbert? or the offense? Regardless there's no way to spin his film - it's horizontal.
Supreme Megalodon
Yeah he checked down CONSTANTLY. It was irritating to watch as a Ducks fan.

I don’t know if it was the plan always, because their has been no other QB during this coaching regime. There were also injuries in the WR group that some people blamed for the lack of downfield bombs. But I think he’s Charlie Checkdown.