2020 Dynasty Rookie Draft Thread

Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,221.32
The dynasty rookie rankings on the FS front page sure seem a bit wonky. Shinault and Claypool ranked 40+ behind 4 TE's and a kicker. Jonathan Taylor at 17... Raegor at 30 something. Not sure what happened there, but seems pretty random on some of those rankings. No idea who wrote it to respond to directly(maybe something glitched or prank/hacked), as it just says FantasySharks.

Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
CATEGORIES: NFL
Doug Pederson and the Eagles are wasting no time to integrate their 2020 first round pick into the playbook.

"According to Geoff Mosher of the Inside the Birds podcast, Pederson and Howie Roseman have been meeting with Jalen Reagor to introduce him to a playbook that will feature him all over the field.

"The one thing I can tell you is coaches are planning and envisioning getting the ball into Jalen Reagor's hands in a variety of ways," said Mosher. "I was told they ideally would like him to play opposite Desean (Jackson), which would mean the X position, but they are also looking at him and going through the slot routes with him. Just a whole lot of different plays that are designed to put the ball in his hands and make use of his ability to play in space"

Reagor was touted as "a home-run hitter" who could "take the top off of defenses" after the Eagles drafted him. His versatility was seen as something Pederson could work well with.

Mosher also drew the comparison to the way the Eagles used Nelson Agholor, who Reagor is essentially replacing on the roster.

"When I say creative, I don't just mean X position and slot. If you go back to how they used Nelson Agholor a lot from when Nelson was playing well, he would go in Jet motion, they would give him a counter-sweep or a wing-counter. It sounds like they want to use Reagor in that roll where they are figuring out ways to line him up all over and move him around and get the ball in his hands to capitalize on his explosiveness and the space that is created within their offense"

Adam Caplan also noted Reagor was used in gadget plays during his time at TCU.

:Drink) YES PLEASE!. im excited to see how they use this guy...most electric WR in this draft. Part of the reason i drafted him as the #2 WR off the board @ 1.08 after Jeudy in my dynasty...i would have taken him over Jeudy. I even passed on Akers for this guy...i had do. Reagor was my biggest draft crush this year after Swift.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Chum
Sand$: 13.30
Is there a rookie draft rankings sheet? I have a rookie draft coming up and would like to get some assistance on projections.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 8,843.74
Strange Brew wrote:Is there a rookie draft rankings sheet? I have a rookie draft coming up and would like to get some assistance on projections.

27 pages. Start reading! What draft picks do you have?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,431.04
RotoMoto wrote:The dynasty rookie rankings on the FS front page sure seem a bit wonky. Shinault and Claypool ranked 40+ behind 4 TE's and a kicker. Jonathan Taylor at 17... Raegor at 30 something. Not sure what happened there, but seems pretty random on some of those rankings. No idea who wrote it to respond to directly(maybe something glitched or prank/hacked), as it just says FantasySharks.

:lol: I thought you were exaggerating.

It actually has Jonathan Taylor at 17 -- behind two TEs, Cole Kmet and Asiasi :lol: and backup studs Darrynton Evans, Lynn Bowden

:oops: :oops:

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
HammerHead Shark
I tend to latch onto a 2nd round rookie that might not jump out as a year 1 stud, but can pay dividends down the road. This year, I am mortgaging the farm to get my hands on AJ Dillon. If the crystal ball is accurate and GB decides not to pay A.Jones next year, Dillon could slide right into a perfect situation.

He is more elusive than Derrick Henry with better hands. I wouldn't want to tackle him in Green Bay in December!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,221.32
zuggyawesome wrote:
RotoMoto wrote:The dynasty rookie rankings on the FS front page sure seem a bit wonky. Shinault and Claypool ranked 40+ behind 4 TE's and a kicker. Jonathan Taylor at 17... Raegor at 30 something. Not sure what happened there, but seems pretty random on some of those rankings. No idea who wrote it to respond to directly(maybe something glitched or prank/hacked), as it just says FantasySharks.

It actually has Jonathan Taylor at 17 -- behind two TEs, Cole Kmet and Asiasi :lol: and backup studs Darrynton Evans, Lynn Bowden

I messaged Tony on friday, figured he might want to know. Kind of a bad look to have it that well off.

HammerHead Shark
RotoMoto wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

I messaged Tony on friday, figured he might want to know. Kind of a bad look to have it that well off.

They seem to be adding (2) variables into the equation, but I am not sure how they are calculated:

Scarcity at Position
Career Outlook

I am guessing that the "Scarcity of Position" is what is driving the TEs and QBs up the list.
Great White Shark
WillieBeamen wrote:
RotoMoto wrote:[

They seem to be adding (2) variables into the equation, but I am not sure how they are calculated:

Scarcity at Position
Career Outlook

I am guessing that the "Scarcity of Position" is what is driving the TEs and QBs up the list.

They say they pushed down Burrow for being a QB and wouldve had him number 1 overall if not for RB scarcity.

These rankings just dont make sense; even if you’re calling JT a bust he should be higher on draft capital and expected opportunity alone.

If these rankings are legit, theyre about as useful as a wet fart in a paper bag

Chum
Sand$: 13.30
WillieBeamen wrote:
Strange Brew wrote:Is there a rookie draft rankings sheet? I have a rookie draft coming up and would like to get some assistance on projections.

27 pages. Start reading! What draft picks do you have?

I am picking 8th overall, 10 team league with snake draft.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,018.68
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 47,841.94
i mean, how much development could he really have accomplished at this point? so, yeah. he's a work in progress.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,018.68
getdownmmmkay wrote:i mean, how much development could he really have accomplished at this point? so, yeah. he's a work in progress.

Just throwing water on the notion that he's coming in and being a workhorse. The coach isn't referencing him missing some pre-season work.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 22,592.37
1.3 - J.K Dobbins
1.10- Denzel Mims
2.3-Tee Higgins
2.9- Leviska Shenault
2.11- Antonio Gibson
3.8-Jordan Love
3.9- Quintez Cephus
3.10- Jalen Hurts
4.1- Lynn Bowden.

My most recent haul.

Sucks to be done by 4.1, but I think I did ok.
Great White Shark
phixxation wrote:1.3 - J.K Dobbins
1.10- Denzel Mims
2.3-Tee Higgins
2.9- Leviska Shenault
2.11- Antonio Gibson
3.8-Jordan Love
3.9- Quintez Cephus
3.10- Jalen Hurts
4.1- Lynn Bowden.

My most recent haul.

Sucks to be done by 4.1, but I think I did ok.

Not bad, but please dont tell me you chose Mims over Reagor?