Austin Ekeler - RB1

Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,422.30
SJSwarm wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:
He goes from dumpoff artist Philip Rivers to mobile QBs Tyrod and Herbert. A lot of risk involved here.

Lol you didn’t watch Herbert in college did you?

We don't know if that was Herbert or the offense; there were a crazy amount of screens. RB's accounted for a total of 45 total receptions. The Chargers had 145 RB receptions last year. Sure, some of that was Ekeler being a great receiving back... but I'm expecting regression in his target department.

Whether or not he checks down as much as Philip Rivers is still a big question mark.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,039.64
If you watch the Ducks for the last two years, we haven’t had a back that can catch the ball like Ekeler can. So most of the checkdowns were to underneath slot guys and TE’s. If we still had De’Anthony Thomas instead of Verdell, you can bet the RB’s would have caught more than 45 balls. Ekeler might catch 100 between Tyrod and Herbert. They aren’t going to let Tyrod chuck it down the field, he proved he can’t be accurate when he was with Buffalo. It’s going to be a very conservative offense with a ton of short stuff to Ekeler and Henry and Allen.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,047.58
zuggyawesome wrote:
mstrbass2000 wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:I love Ekeler... but holy shoot, 2nd round ADP is way too high.

This is going to be a bad offense, and the worst kind of bad offense. A conservative offense with a strong defense.

i would gladly take him at pick 9-12 of the 1st rd kids a ppr monster

He goes from dumpoff artist Philip Rivers to mobile QBs Tyrod and Herbert. A lot of risk involved here.

lesean mccoy did pretty well with tyrod at teh helm and herbert didn't affect verdell or travis dye much as both avg 6.2 yds per carry
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,047.58
SJSwarm wrote:If you watch the Ducks for the last two years, we haven’t had a back that can catch the ball like Ekeler can. So most of the checkdowns were to underneath slot guys and TE’s. If we still had De’Anthony Thomas instead of Verdell, you can bet the RB’s would have caught more than 45 balls. Ekeler might catch 100 between Tyrod and Herbert. They aren’t going to let Tyrod chuck it down the field, he proved he can’t be accurate when he was with Buffalo. It’s going to be a very conservative offense with a ton of short stuff to Ekeler and Henry and Allen.

agree,ekeler will be a large part of the offense especially as a reciever
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
Verdell. Dye? this isnt college...wth? lol

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,039.64
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Verdell. Dye? this isnt college...wth? lol

You’re right, and if Herbert literally never proved the ability to be a downfield bomber at a lesser level why do you think he will suddenly morph into one at a higher level? Like Oar said previously, his film is all horizontal.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
SJSwarm wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Verdell. Dye? this isnt college...wth? lol

You’re right, and if Herbert literally never proved the ability to be a downfield bomber at a lesser level why do you think he will suddenly morph into one at a higher level? Like Oar said previously, his film is all horizontal.

Still don't see Ekeler getting that volume...until i see it. Dude had 93 receptions for almost 1000 yds...im not ready to say Herbert will be able to do the same. I definitely could be wrong but in a redraft? im not drafting him expecting the same production. In a dynasty i don't own him...

i see Herbert actually using his legs more instead of all the dump offs that rivers did...Rivers couldn't run so he'd use those little dump offs more than usual.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"