Cam Newton - Patriot

Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,608.71
getdownmmmkay wrote:something tells me cam wants to play and prove his doubters wrong more than he wants to get paid.

For one season, at least. If he performs at least average (assuming football even happens in 2020, which is a longshot at best), I would expect him to want to get a multi-year contract worth a lot more. At a minimum he gets to work out and maintain a team affiliation during a lost 2020 rather than slowly be forgotten by the NFL.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,589.40
week 2, Seahawks vs Patritos on SNF just got a whole lot more sexy
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
Jcb890 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:damn. i should have been making offers for him...could have got him for a lot cheaper.

would you guys trade Aaron Rodgers for Cam straight up in a superflex dynasty?
No.

no love for Cam as a Pat? Bill should be able to get the best out of him

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,422.30
I enjoyed grabbing him for 3rd round picks in Dynasty SF leagues. Buying window is probably still open though. Strong chance his trajectory is still pointing up

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:damn. i should have been making offers for him...could have got him for a lot cheaper.

would you guys trade Aaron Rodgers for Cam straight up in a superflex dynasty?
No.

no love for Cam as a Pat? Bill should be able to get the best out of him

I'd do that trade, Cam's upside vs the decline of Rodgers, absolutely.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,860.52
A-A-Ron's physical decline is forecasting. Cam's has already happened. The question is if he can physically rebound.
Great White Shark
I also just dislike Aaron so take that for what its worth
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,860.52
He has a very punchable face. And he's a packer. It's a lethal combination.
Great White Shark
Also I'm on team:

SandShark
Sand$: 626.52
I think Cam could come out of this smelling like a ROSE
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 3,828.46
He feels like a Dynasty sell to me. Find the Stidham owner and rob them blind.

He's almost at 1,000 carries and 5 years removed from his MVP season.

Pats seem to bring in big name tallent in the pre season all the time. I'll admit I didn't follow it closely, but being beat out by Kyle Allen and put on IR seemed wierd. Going on IR brings us back to being close to 1,000 carries and the stress that adds to the position.

I say all this as the Stidham owner who just got asked about Tee Higgins and my 2nd round 2021 pick for Newton and their 5th. I don't like that at all. I'd feel better if he was on the 53 man roster, but still not great.

2003, 2011, & 2018 Brutal, Savage, Beyond Perversion League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,422.30
Jaws wrote:He feels like a Dynasty sell to me. Find the Stidham owner and rob them blind.

He's almost at 1,000 carries and 5 years removed from his MVP season.

Pats seem to bring in big name tallent in the pre season all the time. I'll admit I didn't follow it closely, but being beat out by Kyle Allen and put on IR seemed wierd. Going on IR brings us back to being close to 1,000 carries and the stress that adds to the position.

I say all this as the Stidham owner who just got asked about Tee Higgins and my 2nd round 2021 pick for Newton and their 5th. I don't like that at all. I'd feel better if he was on the 53 man roster, but still not great.

When was he beaten out by Kyle Allen? He was clearly unable to plant on his foot during the two games he tried to play, and he ended up getting Lisfranc surgery this offseason. This isn't a "phantom injury" used to save face.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,539.96
I think it's a super signing for NEP given...

A. The other QBs on the roster
B. the financial cost in terms of time and dollars.

Fantasy wise, the amount of If's associated with him are way too many to consider him more than a flier in non superflex leagues. Historically, he's a sub 60% completion percentage passer who hasnt thrown for 4,000 yards in 9 years and has only thrown for 30 TDs once.

If he can't generate fantasy points with his legs, he has very little fantasy value ON PAPER so if you think Josh McD will transform him into a passing QB, something he's never been in his career with a Patriot receiving corps that's not much better than the average receivers he's had in CAR, I think it's a longshot at best.
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
ryan tannehill was in the same shoes as Cam. Turned out nice for him...i can see the same thing for Cam resurrecting his career.

All cam needs is 25 passing TDs, 3,500 passing yds and about 500 rushing .

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,733.68
The problem with Cam is whether he can ever come back from all the injuries. Tannehill's problem was terrible coaching ... and that's easy to fix.