Sand$: 40,438.45
Brian Hoyer, 9 win QB
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,823.06
They don't need a top QB if they win their games 9-6.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,627.32
Elmagister wrote:
Vision wrote:All you need is 500 rushing yards from the QB

Defense then stays top 5

And they buy more time

Is that all a team needs? Easy!

:thumbright:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,979.78
I'm not even sure what you're beating your chest over.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,627.32
That's not surprising
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 65,917.30
Cam Newton to the Patriots.

I'm okay with this. He is the one I wanted the most, him or Winston, despite them not fitting in Belichick's typical offense. If he's done, he's done, but if not -- we'll see what he can do.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,424.94
Cyguy84 wrote:Cam Newton to the Patriots.

I'm okay with this. He is the one I wanted the most, him or Winston, despite them not fitting in Belichick's typical offense. If he's done, he's done, but if not -- we'll see what he can do.

:F God damn Patriots... pickup an ex NFL MVP for dirt cheap and at minimum get a 3rd round compensatory pick next season. Typical Patriot move... why are teams so hesitant to pull the trigger on such a low risk, high upside proposition?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,893.20
How many other teams are built to win now and don't already have a qb?
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:How many other teams are built to win now and don't already have a qb?

CHI, LAC, JAX,

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,893.20
Jax definitely isn't built to win now.
Right or wrong, Chargers chose the youth route instead of going for it this year.
I ain't defending anything Chicago does. They're all getting canned in a few months.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,598.80
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:How many other teams are built to win now and don't already have a qb?

CHI, LAC, JAX,

You had me at the first 2 teams but that Jags roster is weak on defense.
Great White Shark
TheJayCutlers wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

CHI, LAC, JAX,

You had me at the first 2 teams but that Jags roster is weak on defense.

Jags let a lot of key veterans go this offseason; perhaps that doesn't happen if they have Cam under center? i'm unfamiliar with their cap situation, but I'm just spit balling with these teams and they had a decent roster at the start of the off-season

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,208.72
zuggyawesome wrote:
Jags let a lot of key veterans go this offseason; perhaps that doesn't happen if they have Cam under center? i'm unfamiliar with their cap situation, but I'm just spit balling with these teams and they had a decent roster at the start of the off-season

Jags are in a 3/4Th reboot. They seem to be committed to Gardner to see what he can bring. I’m guessing this team is going more offense based the next couple of years if minshew even looks slightly the part. They went young on done defense thus year. After Ramsey forced his way out you could see the writhing on the wall.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,654.38
hawkdogger wrote:I love this.
Hoodie gets his chance to show it's all him.
Tom gets the same chance.
WUT IF THYE MEAT IN THE SUPERBOWL!!??

The PATS will still win 10- 11 games and more than likely still get the 1st round bye. They still play in the AFC East and although it might be better this year, I still think they have a guaranteed 5 wins before the season starts because of their division (which is the reason they always get a 1st round bye). With 5 wins in the books, I think Bill can win another 5 just because he's better than any other coach in the league and his game planning will win the Pats 5 games.

Brady, is not in the AFC East anymore so he doesn't have the luxury of starting the season off with 5 guaranteed wins. He'll put up huge numbers I think, and will win some games but not enough to get the 1st round bye, and maybe not enough to get into the playoffs. We'll see

QB- Brees (O) , Cousins
RB- Coleman (O), Barkley (O) ,Peterson, J. Williams, D. Williams (O), Mattison
WR - McLaurin, Lockett, Thielen, Sutton,
TE - Cook, Olsen
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,833.02
zuggyawesome wrote:Jags let a lot of key veterans go this offseason; perhaps that doesn't happen if they have Cam under center? i'm unfamiliar with their cap situation, but I'm just spit balling with these teams and they had a decent roster at the start of the off-season

Cam isn't a long-term solution with his health issues. Jags aren't in win-now mode.

Trevor Lawrence next year.

Better for the Jags if Gardner Minshew wins enough games to put them out of contention than if Cam Newton does it.

Cam found his perfect spot with the Patriots. Shame he didn't get the money he deserves.