Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,649.52
That's not surprising
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 69,430.12
Cam Newton to the Patriots.

I'm okay with this. He is the one I wanted the most, him or Winston, despite them not fitting in Belichick's typical offense. If he's done, he's done, but if not -- we'll see what he can do.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,893.18
Cyguy84 wrote:Cam Newton to the Patriots.

I'm okay with this. He is the one I wanted the most, him or Winston, despite them not fitting in Belichick's typical offense. If he's done, he's done, but if not -- we'll see what he can do.

:F God damn Patriots... pickup an ex NFL MVP for dirt cheap and at minimum get a 3rd round compensatory pick next season. Typical Patriot move... why are teams so hesitant to pull the trigger on such a low risk, high upside proposition?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,578.50
How many other teams are built to win now and don't already have a qb?
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:How many other teams are built to win now and don't already have a qb?

CHI, LAC, JAX,

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,578.50
Jax definitely isn't built to win now.
Right or wrong, Chargers chose the youth route instead of going for it this year.
I ain't defending anything Chicago does. They're all getting canned in a few months.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 67,407.68
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:How many other teams are built to win now and don't already have a qb?

CHI, LAC, JAX,

You had me at the first 2 teams but that Jags roster is weak on defense.
Great White Shark
TheJayCutlers wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

CHI, LAC, JAX,

You had me at the first 2 teams but that Jags roster is weak on defense.

Jags let a lot of key veterans go this offseason; perhaps that doesn't happen if they have Cam under center? i'm unfamiliar with their cap situation, but I'm just spit balling with these teams and they had a decent roster at the start of the off-season

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,233.82
zuggyawesome wrote:
Jags let a lot of key veterans go this offseason; perhaps that doesn't happen if they have Cam under center? i'm unfamiliar with their cap situation, but I'm just spit balling with these teams and they had a decent roster at the start of the off-season

Jags are in a 3/4Th reboot. They seem to be committed to Gardner to see what he can bring. I’m guessing this team is going more offense based the next couple of years if minshew even looks slightly the part. They went young on done defense thus year. After Ramsey forced his way out you could see the writhing on the wall.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,699.34
hawkdogger wrote:I love this.
Hoodie gets his chance to show it's all him.
Tom gets the same chance.
WUT IF THYE MEAT IN THE SUPERBOWL!!??

The PATS will still win 10- 11 games and more than likely still get the 1st round bye. They still play in the AFC East and although it might be better this year, I still think they have a guaranteed 5 wins before the season starts because of their division (which is the reason they always get a 1st round bye). With 5 wins in the books, I think Bill can win another 5 just because he's better than any other coach in the league and his game planning will win the Pats 5 games.

Brady, is not in the AFC East anymore so he doesn't have the luxury of starting the season off with 5 guaranteed wins. He'll put up huge numbers I think, and will win some games but not enough to get the 1st round bye, and maybe not enough to get into the playoffs. We'll see

QB- Mahommes, Tua, Herbert
RB- Helair, Gordon, Harris, Dallas, Brown
WR - K. Allen, Kupp, Mims, Fuller
TE - Cook, Ertz
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,067.68
zuggyawesome wrote:Jags let a lot of key veterans go this offseason; perhaps that doesn't happen if they have Cam under center? i'm unfamiliar with their cap situation, but I'm just spit balling with these teams and they had a decent roster at the start of the off-season

Cam isn't a long-term solution with his health issues. Jags aren't in win-now mode.

Trevor Lawrence next year.

Better for the Jags if Gardner Minshew wins enough games to put them out of contention than if Cam Newton does it.

Cam found his perfect spot with the Patriots. Shame he didn't get the money he deserves.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 319,168.15
Lawrence better not end up there.

But I have to say, as much as I hate the last, I kind of might root for them the first season without Brady. Although I don’t think that will be this year. I don’t think there’s going to be a season.

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,067.68
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Patriots LB Dont'a Hightower is opting out of the 2020 season.

The 30-year-old recently had a baby on July 16 and is choosing to exercise his opt out due to COVID-19 concerns. Unlike teammate Marcus Cannon, who is a cancer survivor, Hightower's opt-out is considered voluntary, meaning he's entitled to a $150,000 stipend rather than the "high-risk" $350,000. They'll both join Brandon Bolden, FB Danny Vitale, and G Najee Toran among those who opted out for New England so far. Hightower's absence in particular leaves the Patriots short four of their top five linebackers from last year, forced to pivot to some combination of ILB Ja’Whaun Bentley, EDGEs Chase Winovich and John Simon, and veteran Brandon Copeland moving forward. The former Pro Bowler logged 48 tackles and PFF's fifth-highest run grade among 4-3 outside linebackers just last year.

Billy boys' master plan is get the whole team to opt-out of the season.

Then he can toss a bunch of UDFA college boys out there who will swoon for $500,000, tank the season legitimately, roll mega cap space into next year's down cap year, draft Trevor Lawrence #1, sign Julio Jones, OBJ, and AJ Green with all that cap space and have a whole healthy team with no long-term health issues to win the SB next year (and the next 5).

Once again Belichick playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,505.88
Patrick Chung has also opted out.

"Patriots S Patrick Chung has opted out of the 2020 season to the coronavirus pandemic.
This is beginning to get serious for the Pats, who have now lost Chung, Dont'a Hightower and Marcus Cannon in one 12-hour period. Players seem to be even more concerned about COVID-19 and the league's protocols than they were letting on. Chung has a child on the way, and did not want to take any chances. One of Bill Belichick's most trusted players on defense, Chung's absence will create a huge void on the back end of the Pats' defense. Coupled with their losses in free agency, the Patriots are beginning to look extremely vulnerable, even if Cam Newton can bounce back. 22 days shy of his 33rd birthday, Chung's contract will toll to 2021, but his age means his future role will be up in the air.

Source: Mike Reiss twitter
Sand$: 32,748.11
jnadke wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Patriots LB Dont'a Hightower is opting out of the 2020 season.

The 30-year-old recently had a baby on July 16 and is choosing to exercise his opt out due to COVID-19 concerns. Unlike teammate Marcus Cannon, who is a cancer survivor, Hightower's opt-out is considered voluntary, meaning he's entitled to a $150,000 stipend rather than the "high-risk" $350,000. They'll both join Brandon Bolden, FB Danny Vitale, and G Najee Toran among those who opted out for New England so far. Hightower's absence in particular leaves the Patriots short four of their top five linebackers from last year, forced to pivot to some combination of ILB Ja’Whaun Bentley, EDGEs Chase Winovich and John Simon, and veteran Brandon Copeland moving forward. The former Pro Bowler logged 48 tackles and PFF's fifth-highest run grade among 4-3 outside linebackers just last year.

Billy boys' master plan is get the whole team to opt-out of the season.

Then he can toss a bunch of UDFA college boys out there who will swoon for $500,000, tank the season legitimately, roll mega cap space into next year's down cap year, draft Trevor Lawrence #1, sign Julio Jones, OBJ, and AJ Green with all that cap space and have a whole healthy team with no long-term health issues to win the SB next year (and the next 5).

Once again Belichick playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers.

:roll: