Hussy's Tiered Rankings - Tight End

Post Reply  
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 60176
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 122,578.50
^^^That is why I am (sorta) open minded to drafting 2 TE's. One to start in September and another you hope becomes your starter by October. Guys like Warring, Knox, and Berger, and at least a half dozen others could make a leap this year, but I can't imagine a set of circumstances in which you're comfortable starting any of them week 1.

Thing is, there's just so many of them. So would your last bench spots be better used elsewhere then if one of these guys does break out early chase them on WW or FAAB. My starting point is to chase with FAAB, but not with WW - then tweak based on the leeg. Far from set on that though.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 38965
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006
Sand$: 49,076.13
So glad I dumped Hurst in a dynasty after getting tired of waiting for him...
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21146
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 24,814.18
unimsw wrote:So glad I dumped Hurst in a dynasty after getting tired of waiting for him...

he was on the hotseat in my dynasty and i'm in a 2TE league. I'm deep at TE with Ertz, Henry, Hurst, Cook, Irv Smith,
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7247
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 67,407.68
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 38266
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$: 84,134.68
scrumptrulescent

_______________________________________

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 38266
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$: 84,134.68
home slice rocked up this offseason. damn.
_______________________________________

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Mako Shark
Posts: 564
Joined: Sun Jun 3, 2012
Sand$: 1,032.46
Seems I’m clearly in the minority on this but I feel ertz is gonna be very good value. They don’t have much to work with for wrs and ertz I think will be in the slot a ton with Goedert on the line.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10806
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 24,449.10
mj021407 wrote:Seems I’m clearly in the minority on this but I feel ertz is gonna be very good value. They don’t have much to work with for wrs and ertz I think will be in the slot a ton with Goedert on the line.
I am seeing him listed as the #4 TE and #48 overall. Value? Maybe, as I agree he should have a very good year. Personally I suspect that area of the draft will be a prime spot for me to grab better value at WR with guys like Sutton, Lockett, Allen and F1.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 60176
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 122,578.50
bluemist wrote:
mj021407 wrote:Seems I’m clearly in the minority on this but I feel ertz is gonna be very good value. They don’t have much to work with for wrs and ertz I think will be in the slot a ton with Goedert on the line.
I am seeing him listed as the #4 TE and #48 overall. Value? Maybe, as I agree he should have a very good year. Personally I suspect that area of the draft will be a prime spot for me to grab better value at WR with guys like Sutton, Lockett, Allen and F1.

Yep, it isn't that I don't like Ertz. It's that I much prefer WR at that price point in most formats.
Great White Shark
Posts: 8017
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 46,527.60
bluemist wrote:
mj021407 wrote:Seems I’m clearly in the minority on this but I feel ertz is gonna be very good value. They don’t have much to work with for wrs and ertz I think will be in the slot a ton with Goedert on the line.
I am seeing him listed as the #4 TE and #48 overall. Value? Maybe, as I agree he should have a very good year. Personally I suspect that area of the draft will be a prime spot for me to grab better value at WR with guys like Sutton, Lockett, Allen and F1.


doesn't ertz have to share with goedert whom put up 58 rec 607 yds 10.5avg 5 tds yr 2
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 60176
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 122,578.50
mstrbass2000 wrote:
bluemist wrote:
mj021407 wrote:Seems I’m clearly in the minority on this but I feel ertz is gonna be very good value. They don’t have much to work with for wrs and ertz I think will be in the slot a ton with Goedert on the line.
I am seeing him listed as the #4 TE and #48 overall. Value? Maybe, as I agree he should have a very good year. Personally I suspect that area of the draft will be a prime spot for me to grab better value at WR with guys like Sutton, Lockett, Allen and F1.


doesn't ertz have to share with goedert whom put up 58 rec 607 yds 10.5avg 5 tds yr 2

On one hand, he did last year and it didn't effect him. But on the other hand, did that just stem from circumstance. Three Eagles net > 500 receiving yards and none of them were WR's. So as backwards as this sounds - I wonder if Reagor and D Jax are greater threats to Ertz than Goedert.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10806
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 24,449.10
OarChambo wrote:On one hand, he did last year and it didn't effect him. But on the other hand, did that just stem from circumstance. Three Eagles net > 500 receiving yards and none of them were WR's. So as backwards as this sounds - I wonder if Reagor and D Jax are greater threats to Ertz than Goedert.

Probably a valid point, although I imagine that when they get in the RZ Wentz will slide back into his comfort zone and target the TEs. Again, I like both Erntz and Goedert this year, but I can envision waiting until very late to draft a TE.

The again, I may end up with freaking Hunter Henry. Again. :D
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010
Sand$: 3,004.64
I like the Gronk or Gesiki in that 8-10 round range and then grab 1 or 2 of the upside guys later on.

Jarwin
Jonnu
Fant
Hock


The list goes on. I really like to target the rating of the QB when targeting that TE.

Lamars rating was 114.0 when targeting Andrews in 2019. In 2018 it was higher...in the 120s

Tanny hit jonnu at a 120.3 rating in 2019.
Dak hit Jarwin at a 126.6 clip in 2019.
Great White Shark
Posts: 4568
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 23,893.18
giant-eer wrote:I like the Gronk or Gesiki in that 8-10 round range and then grab 1 or 2 of the upside guys later on.

Jarwin
Jonnu
Fant
Hock


The list goes on. I really like to target the rating of the QB when targeting that TE.

Lamars rating was 114.0 when targeting Andrews in 2019. In 2018 it was higher...in the 120s

Tanny hit jonnu at a 120.3 rating in 2019.
Dak hit Jarwin at a 126.6 clip in 2019.


My hot take of the year: Adam Shaheen will split time with Gesicki this year torpedoing his value.
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010
Sand$: 3,004.64
zuggyawesome wrote:
giant-eer wrote:I like the Gronk or Gesiki in that 8-10 round range and then grab 1 or 2 of the upside guys later on.

Jarwin
Jonnu
Fant
Hock


The list goes on. I really like to target the rating of the QB when targeting that TE.

Lamars rating was 114.0 when targeting Andrews in 2019. In 2018 it was higher...in the 120s

Tanny hit jonnu at a 120.3 rating in 2019.
Dak hit Jarwin at a 126.6 clip in 2019.


My hot take of the year: Adam Shaheen will split time with Gesicki this year torpedoing his value.



Mmmm. I do like that offense with 2 TEs. 12 personnel has show to be effective.