Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,333.28
I'm bored today so I'm coming up with a list for my personal sleepers at each position. I'd really like to see whom everyone else has as their own sleepers (preferably by position, as well). I think this could spur some good debate. I'm leaving off kickers and defenses, but if you want to add those on your own, feel free. Here's my list:

QB - Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh: He'll be overlooked by a lot of owners because he's getting long in the tooth, is coming off of a major injury, does not have Antonio Brown any longer, and because WR JuJu Smith-Schuster under performed last season. I think a big reason why JuJu had a down year was because "Big Ben" was sidelined. If the two of them can remain healthy, I see no reason why they won't light up a few scoreboards next season. Roethlisberger should be a top candidate for Comeback POY if he performs up to his usual standards. I don't know if I want him for an every week starter, but if you choose him as your bye week, QB2 I think you could do a lot worse.

RB - Kerryon Johnson, Detroit: Much has been made about Johnson possibly being demoted or even shown the door since the Lions drafted D'Andre Swift. And maybe it's a bit of my own personal bias, but I've just got a hunch that KJ is not going to surrender his RB1 role with the Lions without putting up one hell of a fight. It's not as if Johnson has to win the hearts of a new coaching staff, because the current staff is still the one that drafted him, so I think they're going to give him every opportunity to hold on to the starting gig. His biggest battle will be the one he has with staying healthy, and with being able to propel himself downfield through traffic without giving up so easily. If he can do that, Johnson is going to hold off Swift for at least this season.

WR - Brandin Cooks, Houston: Despite being a 1st round pick by the Saints in 2014, Cooks has at least somewhat failed to live up to his potential regardless of where he ended up. After fighting for touches in the pass heavy Rams offense the past two seasons, Cooks now finds himself in a WR1 role once again, although he'll be replacing a fan favorite/legend in departed DeAndre Hopkins. Those will no doubt be big shoes to fill. But with a energetic QB like DeShaun Foster throwing him the ball, I've got a hunch that Cooks will rediscover the success he had for two years as the true WR1 with the Saints. His biggest competition will no doubt come from WR2 Will Fuller.

TE - Eric Ebron, Pittsburgh: After being drafted by the Lions in 2014, Ebron spent his rookie season as their TE3, where he saw limited action. He was elevated to the TE2 role the following season, then finally was anointed as the TE1 going from 2016 to 2018. He was released following the firing of head coach Jim Caldwell. He signed a FA contract for two years with the Colts, and shared TE1 duties with Jack Doyle while in Indy. After the 2019 season, Ebron signed another two year FA deal with the Steelers, where he'll battle with Vance McDonald for the TE1 gig. My feeling is that he'll beat out McDonald, and knowing how Roethlisberger and the Steelers like to utilize their tight ends in their offense, I'm expecting Ebron to be one of the better fantasy sleepers in 2020, regardless of position.

The Tank's reigning POS...and damn proud of it!!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,360.58
Nothing wrong with your list Crockett, but it is still too early to know who can qualify as a sleeper. ADP's are not firm enough for me to know where a guy like Cooks will be going, so I cannot determine yet if he is over or under valued.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,333.28
bluemist wrote:Nothing wrong with your list Crockett, but it is still too early to know who can qualify as a sleeper. ADP's are not firm enough for me to know where a guy like Cooks will be going, so I cannot determine yet if he is over or under valued.

I get that. For what it's worth, I simply went off the ADP's currently being displayed at https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp/ppr. I know that some of these may be a bit inaccurate, but like most I'm just starting to feel starved to discuss actual sports stuff. No doubt that my own list could fluctuate greatly in the next 8-10 weeks.

The Tank's reigning POS...and damn proud of it!!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,424.94
QB - Drew Lock

No, I'm not crazy!

He's got the weapons - Sutton, Jeudy (most pro ready WR in the draft), Year 2 for Fant, Added speed with KJ Hamler and Albert O.

He's more mobile than you think with 4.6 wheels

He was better than you think - #1 rookie QB in DVOA last season, DEN scored a full TD more points per game after he took over, lowest sack percentage in the NFL last season (Played with several DEN O-line starters injured as well, and other QBs got sacked at 3 times the rate).

Goes from the most conservative OC in the NFL, Scangarello (literally called < 15 pass plays per game when he went into the 2nd half with a lead; this happened in 4 out of Lock's 5 games last season) to an innovative offensive mind who's displayed aggressive pass first tendencies in MIN and NYG in Pat Shurmur.

This was the recipe for success that had Dak Prescott on my QB target list last season, and the potential for Lock to be the next year 2 QB breakout is very real.

He's currently going in the 13th round! If he bottoms out, no skin off your back.

RB - Derrius Guice

Post Post Hype Sleeper - Talent is abundantly clear, health is the main question. The team also drafted a RB in the 3rd round in Gibson.

Both of these were also true of Dalvin Cook last season. Guice has gotten injured really, really early the past two seasons and has people freaking out that he's made of glass. The ACL injury happened in college and subsequently tore it in preseason of his rookie year. The MCL injury/Hamstring injury is a common occurence for RB's coming off ACL surgery as the athlete overcompensates for the ACL. This is year 2 removed from the it, and he should be full systems go.

Bet on the talent when you can get a top 5 RB in the 5th/6th round.

WR - too many. Few of them outside of the top 2 rounds have the potential to be the WR1 in fantasy, though; so I'm going to talk about AJ Brown.

tied for 4th highest rookie WR grade of all time via PFF; 3rd highest by an early declare. Averaged an absurd 20 yards per reception on 84 targets last season. That efficiency is not sustainable, and I'm not sure where he's going to get targets in this offense.. but if TEN ends up passing more than expected he has the talent to put up an historic season. Crazy to say this early, but he really looks like a young TO out there.

TE - Noah Fant
A lot of target competition, but his rookie season mirrors fellow Iowa alumni George Kittle; including an historically good yards per route run to finish off the season after Drew Lock took over (3.03)... coincidentally this was also the marker that tipped me off to George Kittle's talent in his rookie year where he posted a top 10 yards per route run rookie season after he had a QB change himself in 2017 with Jimmy G.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 41,643.92
QB: Ryan Tannehill and Teddy Bridgewater are easy calls here for me. Tannehill is QB22 and Bridgewater is QB25 per ADP. Both could easily be in the top 10. Bridgewater is particularly set up for success - great weapons, horrible defense, very good division where shootouts always happen.

RB: Tarik Cohen. I don't have a ton of issues with RB ADPs, but Cohen's is particularly egregious. RB44 in PPR? 15 spots behind Sony Michel? Ranked behind a bunch of handcuffs? Please. His yards per catch was historically outlandish last year. Even if he just gets back up to 8 YPC on a similar amount of targets, he's an easy RB2 - and he's shown that he can be an RB1 in this role.

WR: Jamison Crowder, Desean Jackson, and Robby Anderson all look like screaming values to me. For them to be ranked way behind guys like Diontae Johnson and Darius Slayton is a welcome sight for me.

TE: Mike Gesicki and Jonnu Smith are TE14 and 16, respectively. I'd much rather double-tap those two in the later rounds as opposed to drafting one of the midround TE options.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 47,786.54
one from each position....

QB: teddy bridgewater - scrumptious set of passing targets and his ADP is outside the top 24

RB: brieda/howard - ok so it's a 1a/1b. both are outside the top 36 ADP and as bad as that OL was last year, they did a pretty good job overhauling it. if that OL can gel, particularly the young players, these guys could pay decent dividends for minimal investment.

WR: golden tate - ADP is outside the top 60 and he was 28th last year in PPG at WR. he's still one of the most dangerous players in the league after the catch.

TE: gerald everett - i'm still a believer and he can be had for a used juicy fruit wrapper.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Great White Shark
FantasyHussy wrote:
QB: Ryan Tannehill and Teddy Bridgewater are easy calls here for me. Tannehill is QB22 and Bridgewater is QB25 per ADP. Both could easily be in the top 10. Bridgewater is particularly set up for success - great weapons, horrible defense, very good division where shootouts always happen.

AFC South does not have many shootouts, JAX/TEN/IND/HOU all have had good to great defenses the past couple of years(I know HOU gets lit up through the air, but their front 7 eats QBs that can't handle pressure alive).

There's an AFC West arms race going on this year as teams try to keep up with Mahomes.

Bridgewater is setup for success, but can he take advantage of it? XFL DangeRuss is a mega deep sleeper for me this year.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 41,643.92
zuggyawesome wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:

AFC South does not have many shootouts, JAX/TEN/IND/HOU all have had good to great defenses the past couple of years(I know HOU gets lit up through the air, but their front 7 eats QBs that can't handle pressure alive).

There's an AFC West arms race going on this year as teams try to keep up with Mahomes.

Bridgewater is setup for success, but can he take advantage of it? XFL DangeRuss is a mega deep sleeper for me this year.

My argument for Tannehill - he had an incredible efficiency rate last year, which will obviously come down. But if he's an above average thrower paired with some decent rushing numbers, then his case as a QB1 is pretty solid. If the defense isn't as good as last year, I also think that would help his cause.

And let's be frank - JAX, HOU, and INDY defenses all suck. Even if there aren't shootouts, I wouldn't be sweating any of those teams on Tannehill's schedule.

I'm a dude.
Great White Shark
FantasyHussy wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:

My argument for Tannehill - he had an incredible efficiency rate last year, which will obviously come down. But if he's an above average thrower paired with some decent rushing numbers, then his case as a QB1 is pretty solid. If the defense isn't as good as last year, I also think that would help his cause.

And let's be frank - JAX, HOU, and INDY defenses all suck. Even if there aren't shootouts, I wouldn't be sweating any of those teams on Tannehill's schedule.

JAX will probably take a step back this year, HOU and IND have above average defenses when healthy (but they have some injury prone players).

Tannehill as a QB1 is very possible, but that's not what I'd consider a sleeper in a 1QB league.

Blue Shark
Sand$: 3,175.86
QB - Dwayne Haskins, Brian Hoyer

RB - Darrynton Evans, Joshua Kelly

WR - Hunter Renfrow, Myles Boykin

TE - Kaden Smith, Josh Oliver, Kahale Warring, Dan Arnold
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,979.78
uberswank wrote:QB - Dwayne Haskins, Brian Hoyer

I'm on the Kaden Smith train.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:
uberswank wrote:QB - Dwayne Haskins, Brian Hoyer

I'm on the Kaden Smith train.

What's the deal with Kaden Smith? The dude runs a 4.9

Tiger Shark
Sand$: 594.34
QB Agree with the Drew Lock sentiment with all the new weapons.

RB - I haven't seen a list from Hussy so I don't know who I think he is underrating. Montgomery and Singletary. Montgomery is dependent on the O Line getting better but I think the last I saw him rated he was somewhere in the 20s. The QB play can't get much worse and he is going to get a ton of carries. I think Singletary is being undervalued in PPR even with Moss in the fold.

WR - Anthony Miller & Henry Ruggs. I am a Bears fan and obviously think if Miller stays healthy he should perform like a low end WR3 or high end WR4. Ruggs is going to get a ton of targets and his is going to be a stud.

TE - Obviously Jimmy Graham found the fountain of youth and should catch 100 passes and score 20 TDs (I am still angry about this signing) Actually I might try OJ Howard in a late round. I am not convinced that Gronk can stay healthy and Brady loves to throw slants to the TE when he has a serviceable one.

K - Ray Finkle
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,833.02
crockett wrote:QB - Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh: He'll be overlooked by a lot of owners because he's getting long in the tooth, is coming off of a major injury, does not have Antonio Brown any longer, and because WR JuJu Smith-Schuster under performed last season. I think a big reason why JuJu had a down year was because "Big Ben" was sidelined. If the two of them can remain healthy, I see no reason why they won't light up a few scoreboards next season. Roethlisberger should be a top candidate for Comeback POY if he performs up to his usual standards. I don't know if I want him for an every week starter, but if you choose him as your bye week, QB2 I think you could do a lot worse.

He'll outperform his ADP probably, but the large negative with Big Ben is the Steelers D.

They played really, really well last year and the Steelers can win on the ground if they need to, possibly limiting Big Ben's ceiling.

He's a good pick in 2QB leagues, but if I'm drafting a QB2 in standard I'm usually looking for a high risk high reward pick I can trade. Guys like Drew Lock, Ryan Tannehill, or Cam Newton are better for that.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,833.02
zuggyawesome wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm.... no. AFC South is a sieve.

IND and HOU overperformed for their defensive talent but I would certainly hesitate call them 'great'. IND ranked 18 last year and HOU 19.

JAX gutted their defense. Started strong but finished 21st.

The main negative of Ryan Tannehill is the TEN defense is legit, which caps Ryan Tannehill's ceiling on a team with a defensive (traditionally conservative) HC.