Packer Qb controversy?

Sand$: 40,261.31
generally -

players I like = coachable
players I don't like = meh, they are what they are
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,331.36
It’s was a rhetorical question.

Part of the point is, they didn’t need to make that pick. They have one of the best QBs in the league. They could of added a player that could be helping them accomplish what they are trying to do. They have aaron signed for the next 4 seasons, and he doesn’t turn 40 til after the contract is over.

It’s not like love is the best Qb prospect that’s going to be available for the next 4 years.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,517.16
endzoneview wrote:generally -

players I like = coachable
players I don't like = meh, they are what they are

:lol:

Confusing cause and effect.

As a CFB fan I actually entered this as a Herbert fan and was not enthusiastic about Love. As you dive into these players you're allowed to change your mind on guys.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Sand$: 40,261.31
:wink:
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,640.54
rugger48 wrote:It’s was a rhetorical question.

Part of the point is, they didn’t need to make that pick. They have one of the best QBs in the league (EVER). They could of added a player that could be helping them accomplish what they are trying to do. They have aaron signed for the next 4 seasons, and he doesn’t turn 40 til after the contract is over.

It’s not like love is the best Qb prospect that’s going to be available for the next 4 years.

Trick was to go Saints way and stack defense on the other side of Rodgers, while reloading in the back-end
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,341.22
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/02/rookie-qb-jordan-love-gets-fully-guaranteed-contract-from-packers/

Every penny of Jordan Love’s four-year deal with the Green Bay Packers will be fully guaranteed.

According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network, Love and the Packers agreed to a four-year contract worth $12,383,470, all of which is guaranteed. It’s the first time that the 26th overall pick in a draft has signed a fully guaranteed rookie deal.

The Packers traded up from the 30th overall pick to take Love, an early entrant who threw 60 touchdown passes over his final two seasons at Utah State.

As is the case for all first-round picks, Love’s deal will include a fifth-year team option. The signing bonus for Love was $6,566,160, which will be prorated on the salary cap over four years.

The majority of first-round picks sign guaranteed contracts established by the rookie wage scale. Love’s new deal pushes the precedent further down the draft order.

A fully guaranteed deal for the 26th overall pick was just a matter of time, as noted by Jason Fitzgerald of Over the Cap:

"No. Not really a big deal. Last year the 24th pick got a fully guaranteed deal which typically meant this year 25 would get one and 26 the next. Rather than haggle over 1.6% of the contract being non-guaranteed they just did the full guarantee since its a QB"

Love’s cap hit in 2020 will be $2,251,537 and will never rise above $4 million over the first four years of the deal, which keeps him in Green Bay through at least the 2023 season. If activated, the fifth-year option would keep Love under contract through the 2024 season.

The Tank's reigning POS...and damn proud of it!!
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,331.36
Perfect to trade aaron next year