Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 313,548.97
Lawrence better not end up there.

But I have to say, as much as I hate the last, I kind of might root for them the first season without Brady. Although I don’t think that will be this year. I don’t think there’s going to be a season.

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,858.86
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Patriots LB Dont'a Hightower is opting out of the 2020 season.

The 30-year-old recently had a baby on July 16 and is choosing to exercise his opt out due to COVID-19 concerns. Unlike teammate Marcus Cannon, who is a cancer survivor, Hightower's opt-out is considered voluntary, meaning he's entitled to a $150,000 stipend rather than the "high-risk" $350,000. They'll both join Brandon Bolden, FB Danny Vitale, and G Najee Toran among those who opted out for New England so far. Hightower's absence in particular leaves the Patriots short four of their top five linebackers from last year, forced to pivot to some combination of ILB Ja’Whaun Bentley, EDGEs Chase Winovich and John Simon, and veteran Brandon Copeland moving forward. The former Pro Bowler logged 48 tackles and PFF's fifth-highest run grade among 4-3 outside linebackers just last year.

Billy boys' master plan is get the whole team to opt-out of the season.

Then he can toss a bunch of UDFA college boys out there who will swoon for $500,000, tank the season legitimately, roll mega cap space into next year's down cap year, draft Trevor Lawrence #1, sign Julio Jones, OBJ, and AJ Green with all that cap space and have a whole healthy team with no long-term health issues to win the SB next year (and the next 5).

Once again Belichick playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,823.28
Patrick Chung has also opted out.

"Patriots S Patrick Chung has opted out of the 2020 season to the coronavirus pandemic.
This is beginning to get serious for the Pats, who have now lost Chung, Dont'a Hightower and Marcus Cannon in one 12-hour period. Players seem to be even more concerned about COVID-19 and the league's protocols than they were letting on. Chung has a child on the way, and did not want to take any chances. One of Bill Belichick's most trusted players on defense, Chung's absence will create a huge void on the back end of the Pats' defense. Coupled with their losses in free agency, the Patriots are beginning to look extremely vulnerable, even if Cam Newton can bounce back. 22 days shy of his 33rd birthday, Chung's contract will toll to 2021, but his age means his future role will be up in the air.

Source: Mike Reiss twitter
Sand$: 40,262.89
jnadke wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Patriots LB Dont'a Hightower is opting out of the 2020 season.

The 30-year-old recently had a baby on July 16 and is choosing to exercise his opt out due to COVID-19 concerns. Unlike teammate Marcus Cannon, who is a cancer survivor, Hightower's opt-out is considered voluntary, meaning he's entitled to a $150,000 stipend rather than the "high-risk" $350,000. They'll both join Brandon Bolden, FB Danny Vitale, and G Najee Toran among those who opted out for New England so far. Hightower's absence in particular leaves the Patriots short four of their top five linebackers from last year, forced to pivot to some combination of ILB Ja’Whaun Bentley, EDGEs Chase Winovich and John Simon, and veteran Brandon Copeland moving forward. The former Pro Bowler logged 48 tackles and PFF's fifth-highest run grade among 4-3 outside linebackers just last year.

Billy boys' master plan is get the whole team to opt-out of the season.

Then he can toss a bunch of UDFA college boys out there who will swoon for $500,000, tank the season legitimately, roll mega cap space into next year's down cap year, draft Trevor Lawrence #1, sign Julio Jones, OBJ, and AJ Green with all that cap space and have a whole healthy team with no long-term health issues to win the SB next year (and the next 5).

:roll:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,858.86
endzoneview wrote:
jnadke wrote:Billy boys' master plan is get the whole team to opt-out of the season.

My bad, I forgot the /sarcasm tag
Sand$: 40,262.89
:thumbright:
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,149.26
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
jnadke wrote:Billy boys' master plan is get the whole team to opt-out of the season.

My bad, I forgot the /sarcasm tag
Wait, I thought that was the actual plan. It isn't? :D
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 65,324.18
Are you guys expecting a normal NFL season?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 44,749.38
Cyguy84 wrote:Are you guys expecting a normal NFL season?

TheJayCutlers wrote:the NFL is in a position of being able to space out the games and play until April and unless the players mutiny I think they're going to steamroll right through as best they can.

(this is not me agreeing with the plan, just stating what a billion dollar industry will do as long as they have bodies for the meat grinders and eyes watching for entertainment.)
Megalodon
TheJayCutlers wrote:

TheJayCutlers wrote:the NFL is in a position of being able to space out the games and play until April and unless the players mutiny I think they're going to steamroll right through as best they can.

(this is not me agreeing with the plan, just stating what a billion dollar industry will do as long as they have bodies for the meat grinders and eyes watching for entertainment.)
Honestly, I'm not sure.
MLB is seeing some issues with the Marlins cancelling games and their almost entire team being impacted.
NFL teams can't just go out and cancel games, right?
We haven't even seen how the MLB is going to move forward or handle this, which I think will give some insight into the NFL and how it will work when (not if) players test positive.
Bruce Arians' comments are probably the most true (and scary) comments we have seen yet. Players are now putting their opinions forward and opting out. I have to imagine more will do so as well.
The NFL may push for a 'regular' NFL season, but there is almost no chance that comes to fruition as players test positive, whole teams/staff are infected, etc.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 44,749.38
Jcb890 wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:

Honestly, I'm not sure.
MLB is seeing some issues with the Marlins cancelling games and their almost entire team being impacted.
We haven't even seen how the MLB is going to move forward or handle this, which I think will give some insight into the NFL and how it will work when (not if) players test positive.
Bruce Arians' comments are probably the most true (and scary) comments we have seen yet. Players are now putting their opinions forward and opting out. I have to imagine more will do so as well.
The NFL may push for a 'regular' NFL season, but there is almost no chance that comes to fruition as players test positive, whole teams/staff are infected, etc.

Cancelled game goes to week 18, and the next to week 19, and the next to week 20.

Playoffs get pushed back until the regular season is complete.

If the Super Bowl happens in April, so be it.

(I'm just playing devil's advocate, but I believe this is their reasoning)
Megalodon
TheJayCutlers wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure.

Cancelled game goes to week 18, and the next to week 19, and the next to week 20.

Playoffs get pushed back until the regular season is complete.

If the Super Bowl happens in April, so be it.

(I'm just playing devil's advocate, but I believe this is their reasoning)
Perhaps, but then all of the teams not getting a 'bye' due to this are going to be upset about it.

Just saw the MLB has postponed all Marlins games through Sunday and altered schedules for 4 other teams.
How are they going to do this for the NFL?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,247.98
The NFL really should cancel the season.

They won't, but they should. If I'm a player, I'm opting out of the nonsense that is going to ensue.

As a fan (of the NFL, not the Pats) I'm already opting out of this season, my enthusiasm for football is at an all time low, so many things are more important than trying to force a bunch of games with no fans (or with fans and the outcry which will happen after) down my throat.

It's really disgusting what the sports leagues are doing generally, and what some NCAA conferences are doing. We'll all survive just fine without football (or other sport) for a year. But, to be sure, those who only see $$$ don't see it that way, so I'm 100% sure we'll get something.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,667.66
As much as i would like to see Brees another Year trying to get to the SB, I don't think its worth the Risk.
With more and more Players opting out and some Teams losing more than others, it wouldn't make for a even Season and could affect the Draft Order next Year that would effect the League for a couple of Years
I see where they taking about pushing the Season back necessary to get a full Season in.
A lot of Stadiums book Events after the Season is over
Megalodon
Striker1110 wrote:As much as i would like to see Brees another Year trying to get to the SB, I don't think its worth the Risk.
With more and more Players opting out and some Teams losing more than others, it wouldn't make for a even Season and could affect the Draft Order next Year that would effect the League for a couple of Years
I see where they taking about pushing the Season back necessary to get a full Season in.
A lot of Stadiums book Events after the Season is over
Not this year they aren't. That is in the NFL's favor I guess.