Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,183.38
DeeCleat wrote:I'd like to plug David Johnson in as #2 RB this season.

Where is he likely to go in drafts? 3-4 round?

ppr early 3rd rd along with todd gurley,chris carson,james connor
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,712.42
mstrbass2000 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:Dj probably get enough receptions to get him into rb2 territory, if healthy.

"IF" dj stays healthy all yr he will finish in the top 10 rbs with upside to top 5 imo

Well, yeah. That doesn't say anything though.

Just staying healthy led to Fournette and Ingram finishing in the top 10 in 2019. They only had 4 top 10 weeks each though. Miles Sanders had more and he didn't even have a feature job until the end of November. Ekeler had more and he lost his lead job in October. James Conner had the same number, he only played in 10 games, and only finished 6.

There are similar stories every year. Any starting RB that plays a full season is probably going to finish at worst near the top 10, especially if they're involved in the pass game. In fact, one of those examples is David Johnson in 2018. When he had one top 10 weekly performance all season.

If you're justifying drafting DJ at his current rate then your expectations must be higher.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:
mstrbass2000 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:Dj probably get enough receptions to get him into rb2 territory, if healthy.

"IF" dj stays healthy all yr he will finish in the top 10 rbs with upside to top 5 imo

Well, yeah. That doesn't say anything though.

Just staying healthy led to Fournette and Ingram finishing in the top 10 in 2019. They only had 4 top 10 weeks each though. Miles Sanders had more and he didn't even have a feature job until the end of November. Ekeler had more and he lost his lead job in October. James Conner had the same number, he only played in 10 games, and only finished 6.

There are similar stories every year. Any starting RB that plays a full season is probably going to finish at worst near the top 10, especially if they're involved in the pass game. In fact, one of those examples is David Johnson in 2018. When he had one top 10 weekly performance all season.

If you're justifying drafting DJ at his current rate then your expectations must be higher.

yeah upside to top 5
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,747.54
My problem is I will not get to actually see DJ play before we draft. The last time I saw the guy on the field he looked pretty damaged. I have the 3, 18, 23, 38, 43, 58 and 63rd picks. Maybe if he is still there at 63 I will consider him as my RB3. Maybe.

I hope the guy comes back healthy and has a monster season, but he will probably have to do it on another team.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Sand$: 39,731.49
David Johnson is in my "let someone else have him" category. I will likely always find someone else to draft instead of him. But good luck to you guys.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,085.92
Should we not make something out of the fact that B.O.B. gave 250 touches to Carlos Hyde last year ? I agree I'm in the "let someone else deal with that" category. Just saying there is opportunity to be had "IF" he stays healthy.

But if say I'm at the back end of the 2nd, early 3rd and GURLEY, CONNOR & JOHNSON are on the board I'm going Chris Carson! lol That RB drop off is pretty steep.
Great White Shark
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:Should we not make something out of the fact that B.O.B. gave 250 touches to Carlos Hyde last year ? I agree I'm in the "let someone else deal with that" category. Just saying there is opportunity to be had "IF" he stays healthy.

But if say I'm at the back end of the 2nd, early 3rd and GURLEY, CONNOR & JOHNSON are on the board I'm going Chris Carson! lol That RB drop off is pretty steep.

at that point you want starters gurley,connor,dj and chris carson are starters whom will have heavy roles in their offense
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 48,202.40
that didn't look sluggish and washed up to me. that TD run was pretty hot.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Mako Shark
Sand$: 947.26
He looked great last night, and they used him all over the formation. If he stays healthy he’ll end up being great value
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,178.18
"If he stays healthy" is the key. Medical staff was checking his wrist during the game.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,932.36
biggdawgs-24 wrote:"If he stays healthy" is the key. Medical staff was checking his wrist during the game.

So? It wasn't his wrist slowing him down the last couple years. He looked like the old DJ.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,085.92
DJ saw just 5 carries after halftime, judging by last night and how depleted HOU looks on all phases I'm afraid this will be the norm for DJ.

He ran 11 times only 5 after half time, 3 catches on 4 targets. Next week they play Baltimore yikes!
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,249.60
Elmagister wrote:
biggdawgs-24 wrote:"If he stays healthy" is the key. Medical staff was checking his wrist during the game.

So? It wasn't his wrist slowing him down the last couple years. He looked like the old DJ.
His dislocated wrist cost him 14 games in 2017, so it gives some cause for concern. But, his ankle/back injuries look to have healed and he did look better than last season.
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,249.60
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:DJ saw just 5 carries after halftime, judging by last night and how depleted HOU looks on all phases I'm afraid this will be the norm for DJ.

He ran 11 times only 5 after half time, 3 catches on 4 targets. Next week they play Baltimore yikes!
The offense was pretty stagnant with Kenny Stills and Brandin Cooks being mostly terrible last night.
Also, for some reason HOU did not put Duke and DJ on the field at the same time much... not sure why. But, may be moot with Duke suffering a leg injury (not sure of severity).
Megalodon
Sand$: 40,018.44
Looked like Chiefs had a pretty easy time dealing with TEX pass game so just concentrated on making it difficult for the run. If the Texans can get the offense moving a bit better there could be some great stats ahead for DJ owners.

Of course, there is the downside that if they don't get it together DJ is going to try too hard and get himself back on IR. Ugh.