Trade Questions and Advice

Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,996.22
Hey guys not sure if this will need to get moved, but we had a situation in a startup dynasty happen and I need some feedback on it.

My friend and I have been playing dynasty for over 10 years together, and he started a new league this offseason. There are a collection of guys who have played dynasty as well as some newbs. Immediately after the draft, the commisioner started spamming trades out. Here is the trade that he got accepted and pushed thru between he and a guy that only he knows in the league.

Commissioner gets:
Joe Burrow
2021 1st
2021 2nd

Newb gets:
Matt Stafford
Isaiah Simmons

We've played the same format in our other league going on 10 years, and we've never had a defensive player get traded for a first.

What are your thoughts on this trade? The league obviously was like this is BS, but both the commissioner and newb are standing by it. Unfortunately I already put my $100 down, so that sucks. But it's safe to say I won't be joining in 2021.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,012.66
My general thoughts on trades are "Let Adults Make Their Own Decisions" absent any obvious collusion.

That said, the way you've described this situation is curious. And yeah leaving the league is something I'd consider - I'd expect better from a veteran commish.

I'm a dude.
Sand$: 42,011.03
I'm just going to make this a "Trade Question" thread for Main
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,489.30
jdferguson07 wrote:Commissioner gets:
Joe Burrow
2021 1st
2021 2nd

Newb gets:
Matt Stafford
Isaiah Simmons

This should be censored. I thought this was a Christian site... I don't wanna see smut like this.

Condolences. And no, I would not stay in that leeg.
Great White Shark
Off Constantly wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:Commissioner gets:
Joe Burrow
2021 1st
2021 2nd

Newb gets:
Matt Stafford
Isaiah Simmons

This should be censored. I thought this was a Christian site... I don't wanna see smut like this.

Condolences. And no, I would not stay in that leeg.

He gave back the first rounder, so that eases the blow a tad. But still.. the damage has been done.
Great White Shark
Agree 100%. I'm asking for my money back, but I doubt it's happening. sucks because I really like my team.. this situation just took all the wind out of my sails in this league.
Great White Shark
Currently trying to trade all the rookies I drafted as well as picks for veterans. Going to go for the championship this year and then dropping out.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,418.52
I would start a league boycott. Don't input lineups for week 1

QB Wilson
RB1/2 Alvin/GIO
WR1/2: ARob/Dionte
Flex melvin
TE: GOEDERT
DST BROWNS
K RODRIGO
bench PITTMAN, EKELER,ERTZ, GUS, AB

Start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex, TE, D, K 14 man roster
(.5ppr. 12 team)
Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,654.67
OK, I screwed up. I thought the draft was 15 rounds, had the last pick in a 12 team snake draft, and all kind of TEs went between my picks.

So I forgot to draft one, and have to trade for one now. I could offer someone like Marvin Jones or Jarvis Landry -- I have OBJ, Calvin Ridley, Robert Woods, and Deebo Samuel in addition.

I also have Chase Edmunds, but am a Drake owner. Drake, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, and Antonio Gibson are what else I have at RB

That's it, I have to trade or drop someone. Who's the one to go?

Probably can only go after a Blake Jarwin, Noah Fant, or maybe Mike Gisicki type. Strange how many people drafted back-up TEs.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,389.50
Gilgamesh wrote:OK, I screwed up. I thought the draft was 15 rounds, had the last pick in a 12 team snake draft, and all kind of TEs went between my picks.

So I forgot to draft one, and have to trade for one now. I could offer someone like Marvin Jones or Jarvis Landry -- I have OBJ, Calvin Ridley, Robert Woods, and Deebo Samuel in addition.

I also have Chase Edmunds, but am a Drake owner. Drake, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, and Antonio Gibson are what else I have at RB

That's it, I have to trade or drop someone. Who's the one to go?

Probably can only go after a Blake Jarwin, Noah Fant, or maybe Mike Gisicki type. Strange how many people drafted back-up TEs.

It depends on who is left on the WW and what your starting requirements are.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Mako Shark
Here's what I've got. Twelve team 0.5 PPR league that starts a QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, a RB/WR flex, TE, DST, and kicker

I have:
QB: Watson
RB: J.Jacobs, K Drake, D.Montgomery, A.Gibson, C.Edmunds
WR: OBJ, C.Ridley, R.Woods, J.Landry, D.Samuel, M.Jones
TE: nobody
DST, K

Either I trade someone or drop someone. Best TE on waivers is Jack Doyle. Twenty TEs went in this draft, so all the popular sleepers are gone. Whoever I drop will be picked up quick, so almost preferring a trade, even at a loss, to control how much this sets a main competitor up. You know the drill.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,646.82
Gilgamesh wrote:Here's what I've got. Twelve team 0.5 PPR league that starts a QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, a RB/WR flex, TE, DST, and kicker

I have:
QB: Watson
RB: J.Jacobs, K Drake, D.Montgomery, A.Gibson, C.Edmunds
WR: OBJ, C.Ridley, R.Woods, J.Landry, D.Samuel, M.Jones
TE: nobody
DST, K

Either I trade someone or drop someone. Best TE on waivers is Jack Doyle. Twenty TEs went in this draft, so all the popular sleepers are gone. Whoever I drop will be picked up quick, so almost preferring a trade, even at a loss, to control how much this sets a main competitor up. You know the drill.

you can't drop a def or kicker until you can maybe get a deal done? Id try to trade a WR like Landry, Deebo or Jones.

Is Jordan Reed avail? i know sF has Kittle but Reed looks like he will get on the field. He's someone i'd watch if you cant get a deal done.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Mako Shark
I got a Blake Jarwin for Edmunds offer, and proposed a Jarvis Landry for Hayden Hurst deal to a WR weak team. No answer, but pretty sure they won't bite.

I'll have to split the difference. Marvin Jones for the likes of Noah Fant or Mike Gesicki seems a bad trade for me, but probably is among my best options.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,646.82
Gilgamesh wrote:I got a Blake Jarwin for Edmunds offer, and proposed a Jarvis Landry for Hayden Hurst deal to a WR weak team. No answer, but pretty sure they won't bite.

I'll have to split the difference. Marvin Jones for the likes of Noah Fant or Mike Gesicki seems a bad trade for me, but probably is among my best options.

yea, you aren't going to get a trade in your favor because you are the one in need here. I don't think getting Gesicki for M Jones is a bad trade at all. Especially in a 2wr start league.

Id kinda like the Jarwin trade..i'd rather have Jared Cook

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,389.50
Gilgamesh wrote:I got a Blake Jarwin for Edmunds offer, and proposed a Jarvis Landry for Hayden Hurst deal to a WR weak team. No answer, but pretty sure they won't bite.

I would counter with Gibson for Jarwin, give up Jones for Fant, or take the Edmunds trade, in that order.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.