Week 2 Waiver Wire Adds

Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,085.21
I had the choice between TE's Logan Thomas & old man Olsen, Went with Thomas

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain
Great White Shark
Sand$: 56,279.76
Griffimo wrote:Is Corey Davis on waivers in shallow leagues? Might be worth a stash and see.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,043.04
rotoworld wrote:Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith said Denver's coverage "dictated" some throws to WR Corey Davis on Monday night.

Davis, who didn't practice Wednesday with a hamstring injury, brought in seven balls on eight yards for 101 yards in the season opener. A.J. Brown also saw eight targets, ending with 39 scoreless yards on five receptions. Smith seemed to indicate Davis was left with much more favorable coverage than Brown (and other pass catchers), prompting Ryan Tannehill to throw the ball his way against the Broncos. It's something to keep in mind as fantasy managers set their Week 2 lineups. The entire Titans offense has a favorable Week 2 matchup against Jacksonville.
Great White Shark
mikeraphon wrote:
rotoworld wrote:Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith said Denver's coverage "dictated" some throws to WR Corey Davis on Monday night.

Davis, who didn't practice Wednesday with a hamstring injury, brought in seven balls on eight yards for 101 yards in the season opener. A.J. Brown also saw eight targets, ending with 39 scoreless yards on five receptions. Smith seemed to indicate Davis was left with much more favorable coverage than Brown (and other pass catchers), prompting Ryan Tannehill to throw the ball his way against the Broncos. It's something to keep in mind as fantasy managers set their Week 2 lineups. The entire Titans offense has a favorable Week 2 matchup against Jacksonville.

I think it swings back to an AJ Brown game this week because of the coverage.

But I'm also warming to the idea of Corey Davis putting up a WR25ish season with multiple weeks of being startable.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,287.10
Griffimo wrote:
mikeraphon wrote:

I think it swings back to an AJ Brown game this week because of the coverage.

But I'm also warming to the idea of Corey Davis putting up a WR25ish season with multiple weeks of being startable.

Several years with lots of hype and optimism never lead to production, fantasy players have decided he's a bust and moved on, improved QB play* and legitimate other weapons around him combine for a big season (finally).
2020's Devante Parker?

*in Parker's case, "improved" = "more volume with more garbage time"

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,287.10
Elmagister wrote:That's not true about Parker at all. He improved as a player. Plus he stayed healthy.

His volume did increase, but that's a product of going from Gase, who ran among the fewest plays in the league, to a normal, more productive offense.

I wasn't trying to minimize Parker's and big season, the "improved" note was about the QB play (Fitzpatrick is still not a "good" QB). I was mostly pointing out that Davis is a potential "post-hype breakout" player. He looked good in week 1. He's still got the talent everyone loved a couple years ago and, if he can stay healthy, he can be an asset, especially if teams leave him single covered to focus on taking away AJ Brown.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,731.98
hard 10 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:That's not true about Parker at all. He improved as a player. Plus he stayed healthy.

His volume did increase, but that's a product of going from Gase, who ran among the fewest plays in the league, to a normal, more productive offense.

I wasn't trying to minimize Parker's and big season, the "improved" note was about the QB play (Fitzpatrick is still not a "good" QB). I was mostly pointing out that Davis is a potential "post-hype breakout" player. He looked good in week 1. He's still got the talent everyone loved a couple years ago and, if he can stay healthy, he can be an asset, especially if teams leave him single covered to focus on taking away AJ Brown.

There was a lot of Safety over on Brown this Monday.
It won’t continue, imo. Even though the Tenn offense isn’t exactly high powered via design, defenses will have to adjust to Davis, Smith, hell even what’s his slot, as legit options in a run heavy scheme. That’s banking on the efficiency of the Pass scheme.
I think Tanny can run it ok, but isn’t a great progression guy, so sometimes teams will gamble on that and bet Tanny won’t read through. Davis got the first/second look a lot because of the safety over Denver ran.
That’s what happened to AJ on Monday, imo. There were shots, but Tanny either didn’t see it, pull the trigger, or missed the throw.
The thing with Brown is that he doesn’t need 10 targets a game to be a Wr1.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,872.68
Safety help or not, there's no reason to not give him the ball near the LoS and let him work his magic.

I honestly think he's more injured than we're being told (missed practice this week and has missed almost all of training camp)

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
zuggyawesome wrote:Safety help or not, there's no reason to not give him the ball near the LoS and let him work his magic.

I honestly think he's more injured than we're being told (missed practice this week and has missed almost all of training camp)

helps explain why he also looked a little off on MNF
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,247.80
Corey Davis is available on my ww which TE do I drop for him? Higbee, Engram, or Jonuu who would benefit if AJ can’t go.

QB: J. Allen
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Jacobs, Moss, A. Gibson, A Dillon, D. Williams
WR. Hill, P. Campbell, Aiyuk
TE: Higbee, Engram
K: Butker
D: Pittsburgh
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,484.94
kschmidty24 wrote:Corey Davis is available on my ww which TE do I drop for him? Higbee, Engram, or Jonuu who would benefit if AJ can’t go.

I wan't to say I'm not falling for this Corey Davis thing AGAIN!...I start 2 TE's instead of dropping anyone for Corey.

I think Jonuu benefits the most from AJ going down. Maybe they get creative with him.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,476.26
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:
kschmidty24 wrote:Corey Davis is available on my ww which TE do I drop for him? Higbee, Engram, or Jonuu who would benefit if AJ can’t go.

I wan't to say I'm not falling for this Corey Davis thing AGAIN!...I start 2 TE's instead of dropping anyone for Corey.

I think Jonuu benefits the most from AJ going down. Maybe they get creative with him.

I came in here to see what folks were saying about TEN WR's. I play deep dynasty about 50% of the time. Humphries is relatively free and depending on game flow was quite productive in PPR last year (When Healthy).

IMO this will just be a three way split if AJ sits.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,476.26
Titans WR A.J. Brown (knee) won't play in Week 2 against the Jaguars.
And there's still a chance Brown's knee bruise sidelines him "beyond" Sunday. Corey Davis tied Brown for the team lead in targets (8) in Week 1 and remains the most logical replacement to soak up the second-year stud's opportunity in the interim as a plug-and-play WR3. Adam Humphries and Khalif Raymond will round out Tennessee's receivers room on Sunday.

IMO I don't necessarily buy the assumptions but per Roto..
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,033.92
Jonnu Smith is about to go B A N A N A S

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,875.88
We have WR/TE flex... would you rather plug in Corey Davis or Jonnu?

I'm a dudette. Image