Fresh Prince of Bellaire!

Megalodon
Sand$: 20,543.12
bunnywafer wrote:For sure I think it's dated when it comes to RBs.... and it feels like every year we get at least 1-2 rookie WRs who pan out.

Now rookie TEs..... They can just... piss up a rope until they are like 26/27?

The game has changed. They draft these RBs with the thought of using them up during their cheap rookie contracts. If they are great then they get a 2nd contract and if not then they use another 3rd round pick and get some fresh legs. The WRs are probably more the result of how many passes are thrown now, as the hit rates do not seem to be that much higher IMO, just that there are now 50-70 WR3s these days.

With all due respect to Zuggy, the TEs still suck early on. Bringing up 4 guys who were good their first year kinda ignores the dozens of guys drafted in those years who did not produce.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 576.30
All,

Be glad in the commitment to CEH. The fact that no other RB had meaningful time speaks volumes.

Glad I have him rostered.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,980.18
bluemist wrote:
bunnywafer wrote:For sure I think it's dated when it comes to RBs.... and it feels like every year we get at least 1-2 rookie WRs who pan out.

Now rookie TEs..... They can just... piss up a rope until they are like 26/27?

The game has changed. They draft these RBs with the thought of using them up during their cheap rookie contracts. If they are great then they get a 2nd contract and if not then they use another 3rd round pick and get some fresh legs. The WRs are probably more the result of how many passes are thrown now, as the hit rates do not seem to be that much higher IMO, just that there are now 50-70 WR3s these days.

With all due respect to Zuggy, the TEs still suck early on. Bringing up 4 guys who were good their first year kinda ignores the dozens of guys drafted in those years who did not produce.

The elite TE’s usually produce as rookies (or in Kelce’s case at first opportunity) 500 yards receiving and > 2.5 YPRR to end the season are the markers to look for.

Some useful TEs emerge later on in their careers, but not the elite ones

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
hersh1 wrote:All,

Be glad in the commitment to CEH. The fact that no other RB had meaningful time speaks volumes.

Glad I have him rostered.

Going to be interesting to see if there are some other coming out parties this week.

Eyes on: Akers, JT, Gibson

Leopard Shark
Sand$: 275.50
The elite TE’s usually produce as rookies (or in Kelce’s case at first opportunity) 500 yards receiving and > 2.5 YPRR to end the season are the markers to look for.

Some useful TEs emerge later on in their careers, but not the elite ones[/quote]

I drafted Kelce his rookie year and he was the starting TE on my championship team. He did fine his rookie season.
Great White Shark
Truebluey wrote:
I drafted Kelce his rookie year and he was the starting TE on my championship team. He did fine his rookie season.

He was on IR his rookie year

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,882.08
zuggyawesome wrote:
Truebluey wrote:

:lol:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,914.64
zuggyawesome wrote:
Truebluey wrote:

Yep. Micro fracture in his patella.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 933.38
Is DWillians even a worthwhile handcuff at this point (if you believe in carrying one)? He looked fairly ordinary and seems unlikely the work would shift directly if CEH was hurt. He is not the GL back (1 game sample). No standalone value. And CEH obviously carried the load. But again, 1 game sample.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,914.64
yecul wrote:Is DWillians even a worthwhile handcuff at this point (if you believe in carrying one)? He looked fairly ordinary and seems unlikely the work would shift directly if CEH was hurt. He is not the GL back (1 game sample). No standalone value. And CEH obviously carried the load. But again, 1 game sample.

No
Megalodon
Sand$: 143,791.35
Oar picked up Darwin Thompson this week in Divine Comedy.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,882.08
scootm44 wrote:Oar picked up Darwin Thompson this week in Divine Comedy.

is this a main tank thing?

Luv ya , dude, but?
Megalodon
Sand$: 143,791.35
rugger48 wrote:

is this a main tank thing?

Luv ya , dude, but?

Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,242.12
Yep, we don’t do presidents in the CEH thread.
No matter how much we hate them.
CEH is the poop.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,091.86

Had a taxi spot open with Jacob Phillips injury, I already have too many wr and lb, and Darrell Williams is not good. It was a you never know add that may get thrown back in the pile 5 days from now.