Tom Brady moving on to Tampa

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5867
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 37,669.80
_______________________________________

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10503
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 23,988.32
Griffimo wrote:
Man, that quote is sooo Arians.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 73311
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 316,842.39
Love it
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1872
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009
Sand$: 1,645.98
bluemist wrote:
Griffimo wrote:
Man, that quote is sooo Arians.


I take it he doesn’t play FF, what does he know about Football
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10503
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 23,988.32
I meant that BA has rarely used the TE as a primary weapon, which was discussed at length here earlier in the preseason.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5867
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 37,669.80
_______________________________________

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 73311
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 316,842.39
bluemist wrote:I meant that BA has rarely used the TE as a primary weapon, which was discussed at length here earlier in the preseason.


Well, he certainly has the past two games. lol
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 30090
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 74,658.34
Budmonsan wrote:
bluemist wrote:I meant that BA has rarely used the TE as a primary weapon, which was discussed at length here earlier in the preseason.


Well, he certainly has the past two games. lol


AB wasn’t suppose to be in Tampa , so I’m not sure arians/leftwich is the one calling their number.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 25922
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 68,871.06
rugger48 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:
bluemist wrote:I meant that BA has rarely used the TE as a primary weapon, which was discussed at length here earlier in the preseason.


Well, he certainly has the past two games. lol


AB wasn’t suppose to be in Tampa , so I’m not sure arians/leftwich is the one calling their number.



It would be fascinating to see behind the curtain -- how much of the TE usage is the coaching staff trying to make best use of their personnel (or appease Brady) and intentionally changing their offensive philosophy, versus Brady just audibling or forcing the playcall.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5867
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 37,669.80


german blood spinning + hgh + whatever magic potion alex guerrero is pushing
_______________________________________

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 25922
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 68,871.06
Griffimo wrote:

german blood spinning + hgh + whatever magic potion alex guerrero is pushing



Bad defenses and elite WR.

:)
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5867
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 37,669.80
at age 43 this is just stupidly impressive
_______________________________________

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 73311
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 316,842.39
And they we’re saying his arm was dead. Seems pretty lively the past two games.
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 25922
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 68,871.06
Budmonsan wrote:And they we’re saying his arm was dead. Seems pretty lively the past two games.



I haven't been able to watch any of his games this year. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether:
a) they've faced bad defenses, or
b) the offense is humming regardless of opponent?


In the playoffs, I assume that their biggest opponents will have a good to great defense, so I'm wondering whether the recent success is maintainable against a great defense.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 25922
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 68,871.06
Cyguy84 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:And they we’re saying his arm was dead. Seems pretty lively the past two games.



I haven't been able to watch any of his games this year. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether:
a) they've faced bad defenses, or
b) the offense is humming regardless of opponent?


In the playoffs, I assume that their biggest opponents will have a good to great defense, so I'm wondering whether the recent success is maintainable against a great defense.



Looking at MFL stats:

-Last 3 opponents have had horrible defenses (MIN #26 against pass, ATL #30, DET #29), and this coming week they face ATL again. So that won't give any indication of how they'll fare in the playoffs.

-Week 12 (they had a bye Week 13), they faced the Chiefs (#16 OPP PASS) and Brady put up stats (27/41 for 345 and 3 TD, but 2 INT).

Looking at his season overall, and ignoring all of the other variables (e.g., injuries to WR, how early in the season, etc.) and only looking at this "OPP PASS" metric, there is some concerning data...

Overall Average (15 games): 25 completions out of 38 attempts (66%), for 282.3 yards and 2.6 TD
Average against #20 or lower OPP PASS (8 games): 26.5 completions out of 38 attempts (70%), for 324 yards and 3.125 TD
Average against #14 or higher OPP PASS (6 games): 23 completions out of 38 attempts (60%), for 217 yards and 1.6 TD
Average against #10 or higher OPP PASS (3 games): 25 completions out of 41 attempts (60%), for 229 yards and 1.33 TD

So... what does this mean? Absolutely nothing, all that matters is how they execute in the playoffs. But it does show that the stats are inflated by feasting on horrible defenses.

The good news is if they win against ATL, they're locked into the #5 seed and get to face the NFC East Division Champion (currently WAS, but DAL and NYG could win it). Unfortunately, if the #2 Saints and #3 Seahawks win in the first round, TB is headed to GB to face the #1 Packers in the second round, but they're in the middle of the pack for OPP DEF so who knows.