Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,037.68
rugger48 wrote:Sure, but the 2 years before this one werent exactly great environments. He still put up decent numbers despite the situation. Is elite the question ? I think he performing to his adp.

Yea, I'm not saying he's terrible. I just don't think he's elite anymore.

I don't see the difference between what he's doing and a WR like TY Hilton, Marvin Jones etc

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,922.12
zuggyawesome wrote:
rugger48 wrote:Sure, but the 2 years before this one werent exactly great environments. He still put up decent numbers despite the situation. Is elite the question ? I think he performing to his adp.

Yea, I'm not saying he's terrible. I just don't think he's elite anymore.

I don't see the difference between what he's doing and a WR like TY Hilton, Marvin Jones etc

This is just me, but I see a higher ceiling.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,142.81
Exactly what you want to hear from a guy you drafted as your WR1:

Speaking Thursday, Odell Beckham said he "probably" would not post huge numbers in the Browns' run-based offense.

"For me, one of my biggest growths has come in acceptance in a sense and for me knowing it’s probably not going to be that kind of season (with huge numbers),'' Beckham said to the Cleveland media. "You have two legitimate No. 1 backs in the backfield, and our team is very, very, very good at running the football, so you have to play to your strengths. Then I think you learn where you fit in and where you’re able." Beckham has a modest 16 targets through Weeks 1 and 2, though he managed a 43-yard touchdown in Week 2 as the Browns rolled up 215 yards on the ground. Unfortunately, Beckham's assessment is likely correct. The one-time Giants phenomenon is settling into the WR18-24 range for fantasy purposes.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Sep 24, 2020, 5:53 PM ET

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... es/9778386

:F
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,827.60
Madden Curse wrote:Exactly what you want to hear from a guy you drafted as your WR1:

Speaking Thursday, Odell Beckham said he "probably" would not post huge numbers in the Browns' run-based offense.

"For me, one of my biggest growths has come in acceptance in a sense and for me knowing it’s probably not going to be that kind of season (with huge numbers),'' Beckham said to the Cleveland media. "You have two legitimate No. 1 backs in the backfield, and our team is very, very, very good at running the football, so you have to play to your strengths. Then I think you learn where you fit in and where you’re able." Beckham has a modest 16 targets through Weeks 1 and 2, though he managed a 43-yard touchdown in Week 2 as the Browns rolled up 215 yards on the ground. Unfortunately, Beckham's assessment is likely correct. The one-time Giants phenomenon is settling into the WR18-24 range for fantasy purposes.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Sep 24, 2020, 5:53 PM ET

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... es/9778386

:F

so you want him kicking football nets and pouting on the sideline when he doesn't get the ball again? Damned if you do, damned if you don't lol

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,296.40
Yeah, he's just being a good teammate here, applaud him for his honesty in saying what we all already know.

Nothing has changed. Therefore, for working people to be free, they must seize control of the means of production.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,142.81
Griffimo wrote:Yeah, he's just being a good teammate here, applaud him for his honesty in saying what we all already know.

It was not a critique of him, just his situation. #-o
Sand$: 40,300.57
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,792.18
This sucks for OBJ and and for the Browns (unless Patrick Ewing theory materializes)

While I wish OBJ speedy recovery, this closes the door on a pretty awful season for him in fantasy. Outside of the Dallas 40pt anomaly - he’s been pretty bad an a bust relative to his 3rd/4th round ADP. I’ve benched him the last 2 games. Again, hate it for him but in terms of our silly game,at least this frees up roster spot.

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Gaskin, JJax, Hasty
WR: Dvnte, ARob, Tee, Aiyuk, Reagor(IR) Agholor / Fant, Gdrt(IR)/ Lutz / KC/LAC
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, JTaylor, MDavis, Mattsn, Lindsay
WR: Gllday, Ridley, DK, JJeff, Aiyuk / Jonnu / Slye / NE
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,177.70
nosman21 wrote:This sucks for OBJ and and for the Browns (unless Patrick Ewing theory materializes)

While I wish OBJ speedy recovery, this closes the door on a pretty awful season for him in fantasy. Outside of the Dallas 40pt anomaly - he’s been pretty bad an a bust relative to his 3rd/4th round ADP. I’ve benched him the last 2 games. Again, hate it for him but in terms of our silly game,at least this frees up roster spot.

I'm not so sure this is true, but I don't think we will really find out for another 6 weeks or so.
Has an injury guarantee so this will likely hamper any trade talk they could have had. Not that I think they could/would move him next off-season. At least we don't have to talk about it.
Supreme Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:Has an injury guarantee so this will likely hamper any trade talk they could have had. Not that I think they could/would move him next off-season. At least we don't have to talk about it.

I think there are a lot of if-then's right now and some of them could end with him going elsewhere this spring. It'd be heavily discounted, but should it come to be it won't be difficult to spin. No one here right now played a role in bringing him in.

Something to keep an eye on moving forward
Supreme Megalodon
Mmm-hmm...it's difficult to positively spin the relationship between Baker and Beckham, but it's very easy to spin Beckham's effect on the field that doesn't hit the box score. His down field and big play threat attracts the attention of opposing DC's like no one else on this rooster can.