Trade Questions and Advice

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,859.60
bowwhizzle wrote:trade Evan Engrams, James Robinson for Kittle?

I already have Kamara, James Conner and Drake as my RBs

Could you do Conner instead of Robinson?

I'd rather hang onto the guy with no injury history and unknown upside

I'm a dude.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,798.98
bunnywafer wrote:

How many do you start at each position?

i start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, and and 1 Flex (rb/wr/te)
Great White Shark
FantasyHussy wrote:

I'd rather take my chances with what a healthy Conner can do
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 543.92
bowwhizzle wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:

I'd rather take my chances with what a healthy Conner can do

Agreed. I think handcuffing Snell (if no one has him) is a better move than choosing Robinson over "Steelers RB".

I'd try to make that trade, you're set at RB. But each of your RBs also have clear handcuffs, so cuff em if you can.
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,138.66
If I did not have to play a TE I would not trade a top-10 RB for an injured Kittle. While I understand the appeal, the RBs are going down far to fast for me to give up a good one 2 games in.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,991.00
Price check on Christian Kirk in dynasty. I’m thinking this is a pretty good time to throw out some low ball offers for him. His value is in the dumps right now from what I can see.

Anyone seen any trades with him moving lately?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,444.60
bluemist wrote:If I did not have to play a TE I would not trade a top-10 RB for an injured Kittle. While I understand the appeal, the RBs are going down far to fast for me to give up a good one 2 games in.

This.
I'd rather hoard RBs than try to give them away..
Great White Shark
wmharley wrote:
bluemist wrote:If I did not have to play a TE I would not trade a top-10 RB for an injured Kittle. While I understand the appeal, the RBs are going down far to fast for me to give up a good one 2 games in.

This.
I'd rather hoard RBs than try to give them away..

Dang..im getting mixed answers.

Waiting for your responses Bunny and Hussy....
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,859.60
I would hold for another week or two.
You're in the enviable position of having a lot of RB options, they're dropping like flies, and teams in your league will start getting desperate when they're 1-2 or 0-3

I'm a dude.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,346.36
Eeehhhhh..... I'm very much on the fence here... I think I would personally be disinclined to do the trade, at least right now.

My reasons:

-Kittle is banged up and Reed is playing well. There is little reason for the 49ers to rush him back. I guess it seems like he'll be back next week, but then that means if you do hold another week then you'll at least be able to start him right away once you get him

-Engram is running routes on 100% of team pass plays - he hasn't found the end zone yet, but better days have to be ahead for him if he's running routes that often, and now that Barkley and Shepherd are out

-Replacement value of TEs on the wire seems fairly high this year (of course depends on the depth of your league) whereas we all know replacement value of RBs is low

BUT the reason I'm on the fence is as Farhad pointed out, your RBs DO have clear handcuffs, and not only that, handcuffs that are good and would be expected to likely take over the majority of the work instead of being in a messy timeshare. So if you have room to cuff your backs then there is less risk in letting go of Robinson. But at the same time, I'm not sure I'd want to be spending 3 roster spots on cuffs, which is why if I were managing the roster, I'd probably rather keep the RB depth with Robinson.

Sorry that was probably clear as mud!

I'm a dudette. Image
Chum
Sand$: 114.96
Traded Diggs, Freeman, Swift for Godwin.

Pay too much? I picked up both Freeman and Swift for nothing so I figured it was easy flip

Didn't think it would be accepted but now I'm just hoping it was a good plan and no one gets hurt this week. I'm 2-0 and looking pretty good. Rest of team looks like this (12-team, standard):

QBs: Lamar
RBs: Cook, Conner, Mostert, J. Wilson, Mattison
WR: Ridley, Fuller, Lamb
TE: Waller
K: Gould
DST: TBay
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,983.64
Ya, you fuking paid too much.

I mean you took diggs who’s at his highest value, and traded him for a wr whose value is low , and then added sprinkles on that sundae
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,266.22
Cyzmic wrote:Traded Diggs, Freeman, Swift for Godwin.

Pay too much? I picked up both Freeman and Swift for nothing so I figured it was easy flip

Didn't think it would be accepted but now I'm just hoping it was a good plan and no one gets hurt this week. I'm 2-0 and looking pretty good. Rest of team looks like this (12-team, standard):

QBs: Lamar
RBs: Cook, Conner, Mostert, J. Wilson, Mattison
WR: Ridley, Fuller, Lamb
TE: Waller
K: Gould
DST: TBay

You overpaid, but it wasn't necessarily a bad move. I'd rather start Godwin than Diggs, and Freeman and Swift are low end RB3/flex options.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Megalodon
Sand$: 10,167.16
10-team PPR leeg. Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2flex. Pass TD/INT are worth 5/-2. Here's my squad (which I like a lot). 16 roster spots...9 starters...someone from this core will probably be dropped if I have to take Mostert out of my reserve slot next week...

QB: Stafford, Rivers
RB: Drake, Mostert, J-Rob, A.Gibson, J.Kelley, C.Edmonds, A.Mattison
WR: Julio, Godwin, A-Rob, R.Woods, T.Boyd
TE: Fant, Goedert, Allie-Cox

With the 3 WR requirements, and PPR, i went heavy at WR...but anywho, back to the main question: dude in this league drafted Dak WAAAAY TOO early, then decided to grab Lamar Jackson in the 4th "just to trade later"...now he's 0-2 and looking for a dealer...

EDIT: Out of the bolded players above,what type of offer would you make to get Lamar? Or should I just stand pat and look at streaming? Foles is available
Last edited by Renegade on Sun 09.27.2020, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,118.76
Yup